The Witcher: first picture of Henry Cavill as Geralt...and other things

No, I am NOT going to grow a beard.

I cannot stand having hair anywhere  on my body except my head so I'll be damned if I'm going to have it on my face.

Besides, there's a practical reason for not having facial hair: the presence of facial hair prevents an airtight seal between a gas mask and the skin.

• Like 1
  • Guillotine 1

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

At least provide the reason why not!

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I've been letting it go longer than I have in a while. 

1541013374899967418482222964980.jpg

You are growing a mighty beard good sir! Just needs some trimming and grooming but it grows evenly and nicely, which is important. Seriously, style makes us all look so good.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’m not saying my wiener waggled when I looked at these his pics, but I’m also not saying it didn’t...

You guys are seriously too nice - the best! I mean that.  :hug:

At least you have the balls to put yourself in your profile pic on the boards. I couldn't do that haha. 

3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I just don't like the sensation of hair.

Nah, no laser removal - I shave with a razor.

Half measure. Go hard or go home. :p 

Have you ever tried growing a beard? I literally shaved and never kept a beard until I was 23-24 and I started trying it out. It takes time to get used to - including the sensation of hair (I still can't stand the feeling of my hair touching my forehead so all of my hair styles avoid that) so I'm with you, genuinely. But you get very used to it. So have you tried before? You may have I assume. :)

I just don’t grow much in the way of facial hair. Actually, other than the top of my head I don’t grow much hair anywhere. Lots of people think I shave my arms and legs because it kinda has that look of hair growing in after a week or so post shave, just all the time.

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Half measure. Go hard or go home. :p 

Have you ever tried growing a beard? I literally shaved and never kept a beard until I was 23-24 and I started trying it out. It takes time to get used to - including the sensation of hair (I still can't stand the feeling of my hair touching my forehead so all of my hair styles avoid that) so I'm with you, genuinely. But you get very used to it. So have you tried before? You may have I assume. :)

For Christ's sake - no I have not tried nor do I have the desire to try.

Not only do I not like the sensation of facial hair but I consider it to be degenerate and decadent!

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I just don’t grow much in the way of facial hair. Actually, other than the top of my head I don’t grow much hair anywhere. Lots of people think I shave my arms and legs because it kinda has that look of hair growing in after a week or so post shave, just all the time.

That's a legit reason.

My East Asian and Southeast Asian friends can't really grow facial hair either so they don't - some do the cool few hairs on the mustache and few hairs on the chin look, which I admit they pull of (I couldn't) but yeah, they simply don't grow hair. Seems like kind of a blessing as I hate shaving my chest hair lol. 

3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

For Christ's sake - no I have not!

Not only do I not like the sensation of facial hair but I consider it to be degenerate and decadent!

But why is it degenerate and decadent?! Haha. Seriously asking though - we're getting to the bottom of this! That sounds like the same Mad Men era cultural BS that said it was "unclean" to go to job interviews or do your job with facial hair - always had to be clean shaven. I know because my dad used to drill being clean shaven into my head for years. It's 2018 man. :p 

And as I said, the sensation does go away. How can you know you'll hate it before you try it? You've done clean shaven face for years, why not mix it up just to see? You can always shave it off if need be.

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

But why is it degenerate and decadent?! Haha. Seriously asking though - we're getting to the bottom of this! That sounds like the same Mad Men era cultural BS that said it was "unclean" to go to job interviews or do your job with facial hair - always had to be clean shaven. It's 2018 man. :p 

And as I said, the sensation does go away. How can you know you'll hate it before you try it? You've done clean shaven face for years, why not mix it up just to see? You can always shave it off if need be.

Wade isn't your typical guy. It's not like he's trying to attract women. I believe he's commented on his below average penis size and the fact he's not interested in sex or attracting women. :p

• Haha 1

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

But why is it degenerate and decadent?! Haha. Seriously asking though - we're getting to the bottom of this! :p 

The Roman Empire achieved its greatest height and glory when beards were considered to be "Eastern decadence".  It was only when these grooming standards were laxed that the empire began its inevitable decline.

As such, I choose to not associate myself with facial hair.

4 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The Roman Empire achieved its greatest height and glory when beards were considered to be "Eastern decadence".  It was only when these grooming standards were laxed that the empire began its inevitable decline.

As such, I choose to not associate myself with facial hair.

For who I consider to be a very smart guy, that's a pretty ridiculous causal connection to make as a reason not to grow a beard. :p 

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

- Yes, I only consume well done or medium well done meat.  No, I don't use ketchup or any other condiment on steak

- Yes, I have no interest in sex or women because both are tremendously uninteresting.

- Yes, I have an incredibly small penis.

1. Is it cause you are worried it will be undercooked otherwise?

2. Do you consider or identify as asexual? If you don't mind my asking, now just curious. 

3. What do you consider a big penis and a small penis? 

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

For who I consider to be a very smart guy, that's a pretty ridiculous causal connection to make as a reason not to grow a beard. :p 

1. Is it cause you are worried it will be undercooked otherwise?

2. Do you consider or identify as asexual? If you don't mind my asking, now just curious. 

3. What do you consider a big penis and a small penis? 

Why the hell can't you just accept the fact that I. HAVE. NO. INTEREST. IN. GROWING. A. FUCKING. BEARD.

1.  That's correct

2.  Yeah, sure, why not - I just don't give a shit.  If I ever feel the need, that's what expensive hookers are for.

3.  I have no fucking idea - it's not like I've conducted an extensive survey to develop a random sample and to then determine a mean and standard deviations from it.  I seriously just don't care.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Why the hell can't you just accept the fact that I. HAVE. NO. INTEREST. IN. GROWING. A. FUCKING. BEARD.

1.  That's correct

2.  Yeah, sure, why not - I just don't give a shit.  If I ever feel the need, that's what expensive hookers are for.

3.  I have no fucking idea - it's not like I've conducted an extensive survey to develop a random sample and to then determine a mean and standard deviations from it.  I seriously just don't care.

I can accept the fact you have no interest in grooming a beard, but how do you think one begins to have an interest in something? It is cultivated by someone else. I'm just trying to help you out brotha. I can't make you grow one. I just don't think your reasoning holds up to scrutiny beyond: "I just don't want to do it". :p 

1. That reason is fair. 

2. A person doesn't have to care about something for them to bother figuring out why they are or aren't into something. Sex can be or mean more than just the physical act, and getting it for free is better than paying for it as the entire dynamic is different as a result, whether straight/gay/whatever. Surely you know that. Again, you do you - not trying to call you out, but I'm trying to understand. Why so defensive?

3. Then how do you know your penis is small? 

I'm not trying to attack or offend you - you are saying things, I care and am curious so I ask follow up questions heh. :)

4 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

It will NEVER compare to this:

KoFhdfQ.gif

My mind is filling him in saying "Hiiigh Yah!" like a bad karate movie.

49 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I've had a well groomed beard for 7+ years now - I don't even remember what I look like without one. It only itches when it grows between stubble and thicker beard as the hairs grow. It always goes away, and once you are used to a beard and trim it, etc. the itching only lasts a few days in the 5-7 day post trim window depending on how thick you grow it and how much you trim it each time. See below for a recent picture of me with a beard for reference. That one I had trimmed (I usually trim down pretty good, usually a 3.5 on the trimmer) just a few days before that picture so it's thick-ish but not thick yet. Sorry, it is watermarked because I sometimes model part-time and that is the photographer's watermark. 

@CastlevaniaNut18 @SFLUFAN @Jason, etc.

I am Pakistani American (Pahtan/Pushtun, to be exact), to be fair, so I am genetically predisposed to beard excellence. :p 

25552129_10159597287425391_3293235541619

Here's another for better reference:

18192695_10158455886160391_5111569900202

Grow beards! But please, style it. It can even be patchy (depending) but find a style - that is key. And keep it clean, trim it when needed, and groom it. :) 

I was looking for a "hey there sexy" reaction and I think I found the perfect one.

giphy.gif

I have no idea what this is from, but it is now my favorite thing.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I cannot stand having hair anywhere  on my body except my head so I'll be damned if I'm going to have it on my face.

Besides, there's a practical reason for not having facial hair: the presence of facial hair prevents an airtight seal between a gas mask and the skin.

Muslim firefighters in my home county sued the fire department and won, proving this to not be true :nerd:

1 minute ago, legend said:

I was looking for a "hey there sexy" reaction and I think I found the perfect one.

giphy.gif

I have no idea what this is from, but it is now my favorite thing.

And this is why you are one of the best. :hug:

I also have no idea what that is from either but I feel like it fits here! I have more pics should people need them. :rofl:

• Like 1