The Witcher: first picture of Henry Cavill as Geralt...and other things

This was Netflix trying to get ahead of the crummy photos bound to be obtained by shitty cell phone cameras on set since it is about to begin filming.

That shot was clearly taken from a make-up and costume test. You should see the costume and make-up tests for other things, they look worse. I think it looks fine and it is getting there. See officially released picture SFLUFAN did not post below from the same test I believe.

the-witcher-henry-cavill-600x400.jpg

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Shouldn't he have a beard or stubble? I base this entirely on the 30 minutes I played Witcher 3 before getting bored.

I don't know much about it but people in the comments are saying that he didn't have a beard in the books and even stated repeatedly that he hated having a beard.

20 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Looks good to me ??‍♂️

Does he have the cat eyes in the book? Assuming those will be added in later if so.  That will go a long way to competing the look. 

He has cat eyes in the book and he’s also described as much paler than he was usually portrayed in the games.

1 minute ago, Hurdyb1 said:

This is why I jumped in the beard game, lol. Had mine for a year now. 

Unless all you can grow are some patchy pubes, then all men should have a beard. My husband refused to grow a full beard for the longest time. Just kept the goatee. I begged him for a beard and finally, about 5 years ago, he got lazy one weekend and let it grow and he's had one ever since. About once a year, he does a reset and I'm sad for a week.

• Haha 2

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Unless all you can grow are some patchy pubes, then all men should have a beard. My husband refused to grow a full beard for the longest time. Just kept the goatee. I begged him for a beard and finally, about 5 years ago, he got lazy one weekend and let it grow and he's had one ever since. About once a year, he does a reset and I'm sad for a week.

I tried the beard thing once before but only thru the duration of a winter a few years back for a no shave November. I pulled the picture out last year and all the ladies in my class enthusiastically told me to grow it. Shortly after that the first Avengers IW trailer released and I got more inspired by Cap's beard so my son and I call my beard the Infinity War, lol. It does give me attention from the ladies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

The first 3 months were hell but after that it's just natural now as the itching went away. I wash it and trim it. 

Three months? The first time it only took me about a week to push through the itchiness I think.

I've had a well groomed beard for 7+ years now - I don't even remember what I look like without one. It only itches when it grows between stubble and thicker beard as the hairs grow. It always goes away, and once you are used to a beard and trim it, etc. the itching only lasts a few days in the 5-7 day post trim window depending on how thick you grow it and how much you trim it each time. See below for a recent picture of me with a beard for reference. That one I had trimmed (I usually trim down pretty good, usually a 3.5 on the trimmer) just a few days before that picture so it's thick-ish but not thick yet. Sorry, it is watermarked because I sometimes model part-time and that is the photographer's watermark. 

@CastlevaniaNut18 @SFLUFAN @Jason, etc.

I am Pakistani American (Pahtan/Pushtun, to be exact), to be fair, so I am genetically predisposed to beard excellence. :p 

25552129_10159597287425391_3293235541619

Here's another for better reference:

18192695_10158455886160391_5111569900202

Grow beards! But please, style it. It can even be patchy (depending) but find a style - that is key. And keep it clean, trim it when needed, and groom it. :) 

• Haha 1