MediEvil Remake - Information Thread (Launching 10/25/19)

Pikachu

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/05/09/medievil-is-unearthed-october-25-2019/

Citizens of Gallowmere, rejoice! Sir Daniel Fortesque, the legendary knight with the toothy grin makes his return to the land of the living (and dead) when MediEvil launches on PS4 October 25, 2019!

Take a look at our new story trailer, revealed during today’s State of Play, to get an updated glimpse at what awaits you this Halloween.

Whether you’re avoiding the boulder-spitting gargoyles of the Hilltop Mausoleum, outrunning the menacing famers of the Scarecrow Fields, or fending off giant worker ants in the Ant Caves, Sir Dan’s certainly got his work cut out for him.

But fear not! Although the journey will bring you face to face with hordes of unspeakable enemies, a whole host of heroes will be there to help guide you on your way and provide Sir Dan with an ever-expanding repertoire of weapons and shields to aid him in his quest. Everything from enchanted swords to gigantic hammers, crossbows, throwing knives and axes are at your disposal, but you’ll need to use them wisely, lest you lose your head. (Again.)

7 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I never played MeiEvil on the PS1. Looking forward to playing a fun, simple action game. 

I remember being a playstation underground member and there was some kind of challenge where you slowly built a character and this turned out to be it. How, disappointed I was. :(

• 1 month later...

Very excited we're so close to the release of this one.  I always loved the creativity behind this title, but the game had its flaws, specifically with its camera and controls.  It'll be fun to play through this game again with modern mechanics that'll make it a much more streamlined experience.  Hope it sells well enough that Sony considers giving other old titles in its catalogue the HD treatment.  

Experience the MediEvil Short-Lived demo – only for a limited time!

Let the PlayStation classic come back to life! Join Sir Daniel Fortesque in a slashing-good time through the opening stages of MediEvil for PS4. Marvel at the beautifully rebuilt Kingdom of Gallowmere in 4K* as you embark on a quest of redemption that will take you through zombies, demons, necromancers and …crawling hands? Featuring the tried and true gameplay of the original PS1 title with a number of graphical and technical enhancements, dead has never looked so alive! And keep your (single) eye out for Dan’s Helmet – acquiring it within the Short-Lived Demo will unlock it for use in the full game. **

*PS4 Pro required for 4K Content.
** Internet connection and PlayStation Network Account required to redeem the Dan’s Helmet item. 

Played the demo tonight, I'm not really sure what to think.  It's very true to the PS1 game for better or worse.  I think I was just under the impression they'd at least add some modern refinements to it.  The combat just feels like it has no weight to it and the camera is still a bit on the clunky side.  I'm torn on this one now.  I was excited for it, but now I'm leaning towards waiting for a sale.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Arguably the reviews are great because the remake lived up the the original being not very good.

Sony released a Shadow of the Beast Remake three years ago that I think had the right idea: remakes and modernizes the game, but comes with the original as well.