Any insomnia sufferers here or suggestions for one

Triage

5 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Exercise

meditation

If all else fails, look into an antidepressant called mirtazapine. It has helped me a lot with my insomnia related to anxiety. 

Yeah, I mentioned meditation earlier. I'm still a beginner but I find just the attempt to meditate and stop being lost in thought extremely conducive to sleep. 

3 hours ago, Jose said:

What is there to get, exactly? The thread is about people that have issues sleeping. You dont have issues sleeping. Ergo it does not apply to you lol.

So I should not comment on a comment made in a thread? I commented on what Slug said. He gave me his reasoning and I gave him mine. Because I don't have sleeping issues I shouldnt give my 2 cents on what some one else said? Insomnia is usually much deeper than TVs in the bedroom is what I was getting at. 

45 minutes ago, The def star said:

So I should not comment on a comment made in a thread? I commented on what Slug said. He gave me his reasoning and I gave him mine. Because I don't have sleeping issues I shouldnt give my 2 cents on what some one else said? Insomnia is usually much deeper than TVs in the bedroom is what I was getting at. 

I mean, you can comment, but it seems silly to insist you don't understand something when people have painted you a picture. 

Wat? You said this after Slug's post!

9 hours ago, The def star said:

I sleep a usual good 6-8 hours. I usually turn it off right before I knock out. It just puts me in a sleeping mood then I shut it off. If I knock out before my Xbox has the timer on it to turn itself off after an hour of no activity. I just don't get that rule of no TV in the bed room but I guess to each his own.

8 hours ago, The def star said:

He says if the TV is on emitting light doesn't help you sleep. TV can't emit light if its off so I still don't see why it's a thing for people to say TVs in the bedroom is a big no no. Don't have the TV on when you sleep.

For the record, I'm not trying to badger you. I'm just going by what you said. 

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Wat? You said this after Slug's post!

Jose quoted my first post. I get Slugs reasoning why TVs can cause sleep issues if they are on emitting light. I don't get the rule that TVs don't bong I the bedroom even if they are off. TVs can't disrupt your sleep if they are off. You really like to dissect these things don't you?

Just now, The def star said:

Jose quoted my first post. I get Slugs reasoning why TVs can cause sleep issues if they are on emitting light. I don't get the rule that TVs don't bong I the bedroom even if they are off. You really like to dissect these things don't you?

I'm just going by what you said! It doesn't take much dissecting. :p 

I don’t have trouble sleeping but I def don’t get as much as I should be because I fuck around on my phone. I have a TV in my room but it’s almost always off when I sleep except the odd time when I fall asleep way earlier than expected. Usually if I wake up in the middle of the night it’s because I’m feeling sick or I got into an uncomfortable position and my body is pissed. If I lived by myself I probably wouldn’t have a TV in my room. 

So since I spend time on my phone before bed my issue is getting out of bed and feeling alert in the morning. By the time I start work I’m fine but man that first hour of the day is rough some days. 

I mean, I gotta be real here, I don't think there's ever been a rule, even implied, that a poster can't respond to another poster unless they were addressed first. 

And you did say this twice, the second time directly to me: 

20 minutes ago, The def star said:

But none the less I can still comment in this thread whether I have sleeping issues or not :p

Soooo, I'm not really sure what you're arguing? :confused:

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, I gotta be real here, I don't think there's ever been a rule, even implied, that a poster can't respond to another poster unless they were addressed first. 

And you did say this twice, the second time directly to me: 

Soooo, I'm not really sure what you're arguing? :confused:

You're the one arguing :shrug:

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Everything you said made sense to me ftr. No reason to not have a TV in a bedroom, even if it's bad to have it on while sleeping. This argument seems really forced and awkward.

I think you just gave the reason.

For the record, I'm not about to tell anyone what they can and can't do in their bedroom. This is 'merica, do what you want. I just pointed out the drawbacks to having a TV in your bedroom, of which science agrees there are multiple. 

The argument with def definitely made sense, 'til he basically said I shouldn't have responded to his post because he wasn't talking to with at that point. That's when things got weird and, honestly, it felt like he was trying to force a weird argument. 

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I think you just gave the reason.

For the record, I'm not about to tell anyone what they can and can't do in their bedroom. This is 'merica, do what you want. I just pointed out the drawbacks to having a TV in your bedroom, of which science agrees there are multiple. 

The argument with def definitely made sense, 'til he basically said I shouldn't have responded to his post because he wasn't talking to with at that point. That's when things got weird and, honestly, it felt like he was trying to force a weird argument. 

I never said you couldn't reply just that I'm waiting for his :p

1 minute ago, The def star said:

I can't my TV is on :lol:

Good one. :lol: 

Please don't misunderstand me too much. I do pick apart some of the things you say, but it's just in my nature. You're not the only person I've ever done it to. I'm not deliberately trying to antagonize you or make you an enemy. I just like the back and forth sometimes. :p 

Honestly, I'm kinda kicking myself for doing this right now, because it's the last night of my staycation and I should be absorbed in my book or playing RDR2. I'm such a fool. :lol: 

34 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Good one. :lol: 

Please don't misunderstand me too much. I do pick apart some of the things you say, but it's just in my nature. You're not the only person I've ever done it to. I'm not deliberately trying to antagonize you or make you an enemy. I just like the back and forth sometimes. :p 

Honestly, I'm kinda kicking myself for doing this right now, because it's the last night of my staycation and I should be absorbed in my book or playing RDR2. I'm such a fool. :lol: 

I get it, no hard feelings. I know this was some what of a debate. I also know I'm not the best at writing out my thoughts out. I apologise if I came across as rude. 

2 minutes ago, The def star said:

I get it, no hard feelings. I know this was some what of a debate. I also know I'm not the best at writing out my thoughts out. I apologise I came across as rude. 

It's cool, dude :hug: I genuinely like you as a poster, but I know we've tied up a few times in debates, so I just wanted you to know it's not personal or anything. Appreciate the response. :) 

• Like 1