Just Cause 4 | Official Thread of No Solace in Solís

Pikachu

26 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I own the second and third games... never finished either.

The story missions for the second game were pretty good. They're hard to go back to though, the games were pretty janky. One of my biggest criticisms of the series has been the bullet sponge bad guys and lack of any real tactile feedback from shooting guns. It's basically "hold down R trigger until bad guy stops moving."

Some games just feel good when shooting the bad guys. These games have always had a disconnect.

Plus Rico went from being El Mariachi to being random beard guy and that's just boring lol.

Will eventually get. Probably not day one though, but these games are fun to just mess around in for awhile. Hopefully this isn't fucked like 3 at launch, because that load time issue is what caused me to give up on it and I just never got around to getting back. Wonder how it will look X enchanced.

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

The story missions for the second game were pretty good. They're hard to go back to though, the games were pretty janky. One of my biggest criticisms of the series has been the bullet sponge bad guys and lack of any real tactile feedback from shooting guns. It's basically "hold down R trigger until bad guy stops moving."

Some games just feel good when shooting the bad guys. These games have always had a disconnect.

Plus Rico went from being El Mariachi to being random beard guy and that's just boring lol.

I did find it weird he went from kinda sorta Tony Montana as a CIA agent to I dunno what in the 3rd game. 

I played Just Cause 3 on PS4 -- never experienced ridiculous load times (just the normal slow load times endemic to consoles using HDDs) nor crashes.  The game lacked variety and depth --  and the difficulty was poorly balanced.

However, rocketing around in a wing suit is a blast.  Destroying an enemy outpost from a distance with an attack helicopter is amazing.  Dropping into an enemy  base, and kicking butt without caring about the consequences is a blast.  I would definitely call it a game that was more fun than good.

And I'll buy and play Just Cause 4.

Expansion Pass teaser:

Dare Devils: Pack 1 – Takes racing and destruction to new heights as Rico battles the gangs of the Solis underground in heart stopping death races and rampage rallies.
Demons: Pack 2 –  Rico faces an ancient demonic force that infests Solis and poses a terrifying threat to its people.
Danger: Pack 3 –  Rico’s former employer mysteriously appears in Solis, bringing advanced technology, secret weapons and specially trained operatives.

PC System Requirements:

Minimum:

OS: Windows 7 SP1 with Platform Update for Windows 7 (64-bit versions only)
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.1 GHz | AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5 GHz or better
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (2GB VRAM or better) | AMD R9 270 (2GB VRAM or better)
DirectX: DirectX 11.1
HDD/SSD: 59 GB

Recommended:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz | AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 (6GB VRAM or better) | AMD Vega 56 (6GB VRAM or better)
DirectX: DirectX® 11.1
HDD/SSD: 59 GB

4K:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 (3.6 GHz or higher) | AMD Ryzen 5 1600X (3.6 GHz or higher)
RAM: 16 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
DirectX: DirectX 11
HDD/SSD: TBC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This game is 100% not worth buying right now. They took out so many of the things from JC3 that make JC games so much fun. They've made questionable control changes (grapple/reeling related was the first area it was blatantly obvious to me), removed features, and right now, the graphics are pretty broken.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

JC4 has been on Game Pass for a while and I've tried to get into it a few times. It's just... not fun. Which I never thought I'd hear myself say of a Just Cause game. I enjoyed the hell out of JC2 and even JC1, despite it being pretty basic.

I just don't know.. there's something that doesn't mesh well in this game. I don't know if it's the way they re-purposed the destruction, or if it's the fact that most areas are walled off until you expand your resistance and "unlock" them... but the world just feels really artifical and disconnected. Something is just... off...

Is it just me?

On 11/7/2019 at 12:53 PM, XxEvil AshxX said:

Is it just me?

It is not just you.

I loved JC3 and probably played about 100 hours of it.
I only played JC4 for about 4 hours.

An example of why I don't like JC4:

One of my fav activities in JC3 was the simple wing suit missions. You'd goto a mission start point, usually on top of a mountain, and then Wingsuit through check points. It was simple fun and a great way to explore how huge the world was.

In JC4 those missions are now gone. They have been replaced with "Wingsuit Stunts" (there is a storyline where your helping get cool shots for a director with these "Stunt" missions). Each of these Wingsuit stunts are about 3 checkpoints and last about 8 seconds. They are near pointless.

3 hours ago, AshsToAshs said:

It is not just you.

I loved JC3 and probably played about 100 hours of it.
I only played JC4 for about 4 hours.

An example of why I don't like JC4:

One of my fav activities in JC3 was the simple wing suit missions. You'd goto a mission start point, usually on top of a mountain, and then Wingsuit through check points. It was simple fun and a great way to explore how huge the world was.

In JC4 those missions are now gone. They have been replaced with "Wingsuit Stunts" (there is a storyline where your helping get cool shots for a director with these "Stunt" missions). Each of these Wingsuit stunts are about 3 checkpoints and last about 8 seconds. They are near pointless.

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

nope. Even though there was some repetitiveness in 1 and 2, I played the crap out of both, but 3 and 4 just didn't seem to have that same magic/addictive nature. 

The ironic thing is that Ghost Recon Wildlands almost out-Just-Caused Just Cause. If there would've been explodable oil tankers everywhere you could've just slapped a new Just Cause title on it and called it a day.