Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

Sony Sony: "We're looking at a lot of the possibilities" for cross-play

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's too bad because they seemed so welcoming at the beginning.

 

I'd seriously buy Minecraft with the sole purpose of hooking up with my brother and his sons. I've no need for an Xbox, but I'd buy some extra games just to jam with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's too bad because they seemed so welcoming at the beginning.

It is amazing the differences in philosophy when you're facing an uphill battle and when you're king of the hill.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Sony better stop with the nonsense. This arrogance sunk the PS3. 

The PS3  and 360 sold practically the identical amount of units worldwide :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sony not a fan of being the butt of lots of jokes? Nothing better than their initial response where they tried to spout sales figures instead of addressing of using a feature that moves all of gaming forward.  The minority may be all that cares, but between them and the media, Sony is taking a PR beating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

The PS3  and 360 sold practically the identical amount of units worldwide :p

Only because of their change is approach after the first 2-3 years of the PS3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

The PS3  and 360 sold practically the identical amount of units worldwide :p

 

Sony could shit in a box and still sell millions in Japan. MS doesn't quite have that luxury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

 

Sony could shit in a box and still sell millions in Japan. The same cannot be said for MS in the U.S.

Sony presents the PShit 5 !!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sony went from the absolute dominant market leader in the PS2 days to dead even at best and losing the hearts and minds of gaming consumers (which MS in turn handed back to them at the beginning of this generation). 

 

This shit matters. 

 

These big companies are still run by old baby boomers who never evolved with the times. They’ll be on your side until they feel like they don’t need to be financially, and then they’ll feed you shit and tell you it’s cherry pie.

 

Smart companies have already figured out that the younger generation will more likely support you if you take care of them. None of the gaming companies have quite gotten there yet. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite honestly, I could care less about cross play.  They're in the lead and they don't have to throw any competitors any bones for the good of mankind.

 

What I don't think is right, is holding accounts hostage like they are with the Epic Fortnite accounts, unless something's changed there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

Sony went from the absolute dominant market leader in the PS2 days to dead even at best and losing the hearts and minds of gaming consumers (which MS in turn handed back to them at the beginning of this generation). 

 

This shit matters. 

 

These big companies are still run by old baby boomers who never evolved with the times. They’ll be on your side until they feel like they don’t need to be financially, and then they’ll feed you shit and tell you it’s cherry pie.

 

Smart companies have already figured out that the younger generation will more likely support you if you take care of them. None of the gaming companies have quite gotten there yet. 

 

Well said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

When you compare the the last 3 generations, it’s clear that Sony’s arrogance during the PS3 hurt its sales. Luckily for Sony, Microsoft picked up that stick for the Xbone. 

quote-fortunately-we-have-a-product-for-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Sony went from the absolute dominant market leader in the PS2 days to dead even at best and losing the hearts and minds of gaming consumers (which MS in turn handed back to them at the beginning of this generation). 

 

This shit matters. 

 

These big companies are still run by old baby boomers who never evolved with the times. They’ll be on your side until they feel like they don’t need to be financially, and then they’ll feed you shit and tell you it’s cherry pie.

 

Smart companies have already figured out that the younger generation will more likely support you if you take care of them. None of the gaming companies have quite gotten there yet. 

 

 

 

Honestly, a lot of great comments here on both sides.

 

However, let the above also stand as reason number 18,027 on why I love 'clyp.

 

EDIT:  Just because you can s*** on someone because you are at the top of the ladder, and even get away with it (for awhile) doesn't mean you should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember this version of Sony? 

 

Cause Sony sure doesn't. They look more and more like assholes with each passing day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

The PS3  and 360 sold practically the identical amount of units worldwide :p

 

Yeah they did eventually but the PS3 and a very slow start due to Sony's cockiness in the initial stages and essentially had to gain gamers trust back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BuckFly said:

 

 

Honestly, a lot of great comments here on both sides.

 

However, let the above also stand as reason number 18,027 on why I love 'clyp.

 

EDIT:  Just because you can s*** on someone because you are at the top of the ladder, and even get away with it (for awhile) doesn't mean you should.

Good to see you survived the apocalypse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Man_of_X said:

Quite honestly, I could care less about cross play.  They're in the lead and they don't have to throw any competitors any bones for the good of mankind.

 

What I don't think is right, is holding accounts hostage like they are with the Epic Fortnite accounts, unless something's changed there.

 

The phrase is couldn't care less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moa said:

 

The phrase is couldn't care less.

 

No, I'm pretty sure I could care less than I do now. I'm just not there yet. 

 

23 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

You don't know him, maybe he could care less. Maybe he wishes he could. :twothumbsup:

 

Lol. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Man_of_X said:

 

No, I'm pretty sure I could care less than I do now. I'm just not there yet. 

Except the phrase loses all meaning when said as such. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprised given the wave of bad press they've been receiving.  I understand why they haven't given they are miles ahead in sales compared to their competitors, but this generation also only has around 3 years left and then the race to the top will start again.  Unlike other tech sectors, brand loyality just isn't that strong for consoles.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, vaxick said:

 Unlike other tech sectors, brand loyality just isn't that strong for consoles.  

No I think it's still strong. On my Facebook feed anytime news about MS or Sony is posted from Kotaku or IGN it is spammed with people saying how Sony is in the lead and the MS will always be last. The mentality to pick sides is part of our culture. Just look at our politics. Its like my party is better than your party regardless of what they actually stand for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, The def star said:

No I think it's still strong. On my Facebook feed anytime news about MS or Sony is posted from Kotaku or IGN it is spammed with people saying how Sony is in the lead and the MS will always be last. The mentality to pick sides is part of our culture. Just look at our politics. Its like my party is better than your party regardless of what they actually stand for. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying their isn't a loyal crowd as I've seen all the those insane posts on Facebook too, I'm just saying, brand loyality has never been strong as it has been for say Apple products.  The tables can turn more quickly in the console market leading the manufacturers to have to be a bit more receptive to complaints.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Man_of_X said:

Quite honestly, I could care less about cross play.  They're in the lead and they don't have to throw any competitors any bones for the good of mankind.

 

What I don't think is right, is holding accounts hostage like they are with the Epic Fortnite accounts, unless something's changed there.

 

The North remembers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wish I could say that is a Game of Thrones reference, but really it's just that I'm from Buffalo and I probably won't forget Sony's hubris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

 

The North remembers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wish I could say that is a Game of Thrones reference, but really it's just that I'm from Buffalo and I probably won't forget Sony's hubris.

image.png?w=448&c=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BuckFly said:

 

The North remembers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wish I could say that is a Game of Thrones reference, but really it's just that I'm from Buffalo and I probably won't forget Sony's hubris.

It might have been a civil war reference before GOT. The south being a bunch of traitors to the United States. A trend that continues today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

It might have been a civil war reference before GOT. The south being a bunch of traitors to the United States. A trend that continues today. 

 

 

Whoa, whoa, whoa Spawn.

 

This is the dayonepatch...there is no place here for political discussion.

 

:D

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...