White ethnonationalist terrorist murders 11/injures 6 at Pittsburgh synagogue

It's not surprising that Republicans and the far right don't think words can incite actions. For them, words have always been meaningless, probably why facts aren't too important to them either.

The problem is words aren't meaningless, they have lots of power. Republicans either don't know or don't care, and thus, can't seem to take responsibility for their own rhetoric. 

12 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/29/politics/kellyanne-conway-anti-religiosity-fox-news/index.html

What in the actual fuck? Is she just ignoring the fact this guy is a Christian Nationalist who called Jews "the children of Satan?"

What world is she living in?

CNN deserves the :guillotine: for still giving a platform to scum like Conway. 

25 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

It was an interview on Fox & Friends.

But yes, people like Chris Cuomo continue to give her a platform, and should stop.

I disagree.  CNN doesn't need to become Fox News of the left, who only interview people they agree with.  I really like Cuomo's show because he actually has people on to debate with, not give HJs to. 

12 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I disagree.  CNN doesn't need to become Fox News of the left, who only interview people they agree with.  I really like Cuomo's show because he actually has people on to debate with, not give HJs to. 

There's a massive difference between bringing on a constellation of opinions and repeatedly giving a platform to people everyone KNOWS are never acting in good faith. Absolutely nothing is gained by having people like Conway on just because she "won't jerk Cuomo off". 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I feel conflicted. I hate giving these people a platform, but I don't want CNN and other outlets to become like Fox News. 

But I really hate giving people like Conway a platform to spew egregiously false narratives. 

Nah, they need to have her on. They need to replay this interview for her, then prove her wrong with facts and watch her wither and squirm. 

1 minute ago, atom631 said:

Nah, they need to have her on. They need to replay this interview for her, then prove her wrong with facts and watch her wither and squirm. 

The problem is, it seems like the media never really calls these people out on their bullshit. I've noticed some of them have gotten better at pushing back, but it still doesn't happen often enough.

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

I also enjoy Cuomo's show for that reason, but I think there are better people within the administration to have that conversation with than Kellyanne.

29 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Deplatforming is the only way to deal with subjects that are unworthy of debate. We don't bring on "a constellation of opinions" (to borrow a phrase) about fucking pedophilia.

Agreed,everytime they have her on its race for her to see how much bull shit she can spout before the segment ends. She is simply not interested in a debate at all.

2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Agreed,everytime they have her on its race for her to see how much bull shit she can spout before the segment ends. She is simply not interested in a debate at all.

Not before she complains about how unfair they are being to her. 

Its ridiculous, but it needs to be done. 

Although it’s really an echo-chamber at this point. No one complaining about CNN being fake news is actually watching CNN. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

While I sneer at Pence having a Messianic Jew there, does it really make a difference to anti-semites? It's not like the Nazis only targeted practicing Jews. Jason is a Jew by their standards, even if he's completely secular. 

The point is that it's giving the finger to the Jews they claim to be trying to reach out to. 

Also, 

• Guillotine 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I feel conflicted. I hate giving these people a platform, but I don't want CNN and other outlets to become like Fox News. 

But I really hate giving people like Conway a platform to spew egregiously false narratives. 

I don't mind them getting a platform as long as their suitably challenged... some CNN hosts do better than others pushing back against the bullshit.