Megyn Kelly has been fired after defending blackface, still gets $69M

TwinIon

It's Official

Kelly was a bad fit from the get go. As she demonstrated on the very first day when she asked the superfan of Will & Grace, whose cast members were her guest that day, “Is it true you became a lawyer, and you became gay, because of Will?” W&G star Debra Messing felt compelled to assure fans, “Honestly I didn’t know it was [Megyn Kelly] until that morning. The itinerary just said ‘Today Show’ appearance. Regret going on. Dismayed by her comments.”

One year later, Kelly did herself in when she asked her all-white panel, “What is racist?”

On 10/25/2018 at 9:29 PM, Brick said:

Well I'm referring to races, so shouldn't they be capitalized?

On 10/25/2018 at 9:30 PM, Jason said:

No.

Black folks intentionally capitalize the b.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

My huge survey sample of a couple of The Root articles suggests this may not be as universal as you think it is.

Certainly it’s not universal, here is an article though which explains to some extent why black people who do capitalize the b do so.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/19/opinion/the-case-for-black-with-a-capital-b.html

5 minutes ago, nublood said:

So how does Jimmy Kimmel get a free pass on blackface? And wasn't there a movie with Robert Downey where he portrayed a black guy? I don't get it...

I don't know about Jimmy Kimmel but in the movie you're talking about with Robert Downey Jr. He was playing an actor who was such a method actor that he put himself in blackface for a role and it was part of the joke of the film... how ridiculously offensive it was for him to do that even "in the name of art". It also showed how fucked up black face as as the actual black character in the movie kept pointing out. Not even close to someone who thinks black face is ok.

38 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't know about Jimmy Kimmel but in the movie you're talking about with Robert Downey Jr. He was playing an actor who was such a method actor that he put himself in blackface for a role and it was part of the joke of the film... how ridiculously offensive it was for him to do that even "in the name of art". It also showed how fucked up black face as as the actual black character in the movie kept pointing out. Not even close to someone who thinks black face is ok.

Exactly. It kind of goes back to one of the things I said about child sex abuse jokes, theoretically you can make a joke on the topic but only really at the expense of perpetrators. The joke in Tropic Thunder is about white people wearing black face, method actors, etc. 

The target of the joke matters, punching up vs. punching down and all that.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

You forgot the part about her being blonde and "pretty".

Her success is all about her being one of Fox's dead eyed pieces of eye candy. I like to think of her as White Grievance Barbie.

Fox has a lot of anchors there for eye candy (it's what got half the men in the company in trouble), but she's the only one that could actually talk like a man.

10 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

You forgot the part about her being blonde and "pretty".

Her success is all about her being one of Fox's dead eyed pieces of eye candy. I like to think of her as White Grievance Barbie.

And having that feud with Trump. All of a sudden, people sympathized with her despite the fact that she was still terrible and she helped contribute to this.

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

And having that feud with Trump. All of a sudden, people sympathized with her despite the fact that she was still terrible and she helped contribute to this.

She is like the Klan that that dresses in nice suits and admonishes racists that use the n-word because "it makes them all look bad".

• 1 month later...