Hard West: The Complete Edition (Weird West/Horror XCOM) announced for Switch

Commissar SFLUFAN

Some PC videos:

Hard West Complete Edition overview

- A Unique “Weird” West World: Explore a world where Western legends meet demons, arcane rituals and satanic cults and where the dead can walk the Earth again. For a price.
- Compelling Turn-based Combat: Control 1-4 squad members in thrilling turn-based combat encounters and master a range of powerful western-inspired special abilities, from feats of gunslinging to survivability against all odds, to take out your opponents in a series of original tactical maps with unique story-based objectives.
- Collect and Combine Special Abilities: Obtain new special abilities by collecting and equipping unique cards which are earned throughout the game by completing main- and optional objectives, exploration , bartering, treasure hunting and more. These cards can be combined to create even more powerful combos, and provide additional options in combat.
- Choice and Fate: Experience a deep story where decisions made during and between combat scenarios will resonate through future events and change the ultimate fates of a divisive group of colorful characters
- Luck of the Draw: Use a combat system that goes far beyond pure probability by featuring luck as a unique guardian of engaging and challenging combat
- Dynamic Cover: Change the flow of combat thanks to an extensive cover system which allows for the creation of effective cover from objects in the environment, making flanking and maneuvering during battles a truly powerful tactic
- Shadow Spotting: Exploit the Blazing western sun to Locate out of sight enemies by the shadows that they cast, along with the sounds they make
- Ricochets: Utilize Metal objects to allow master gunslingers to shoot beyond the line of sight for increased tactical combat options, and diversified planning
- 40 Historically Inspired Weapons: Equip and employ an eclectic collection of deadly shotguns, rifles, pistols and sniper rifles, all based upon real outlandish prototypes, designs and ideas from the era

hard_west_screen_1.jpg

hard-west-scars-of-freedom-pastures-01_1

966-2.jpg

HW_conceptart_004.jpg

HardWest-IL1.jpg

9 hours ago, legend said:

I own this on PC but haven't played it yet :/ 

Same here! I actually mentioned it on Discord earlier.

Well, I should say, WAS the same here, but this post reminded me of it and I started it up about an hour ago. Has been really neat so far! I'm enjoying the reaction ring around enemies, so you can't just XCOM them. (i.e. run up next to them with a shotgun while taking cover next to them, and killing them in one shot)

XCOM actually had a perk like this, specifically for when enemies got too close, but I don't think any of the enemies ever had it. Having it on everyone makes it a lot more interesting, because you actually have to play the game properly and can't cheese it by mad shotgun dashes.

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Same here! I actually mentioned it on Discord earlier.

Well, I should say, WAS the same here, but this post reminded me of it and I started it up about an hour ago. Has been really neat so far! I'm enjoying the reaction ring around enemies, so you can't just XCOM them. (i.e. run up next to them with a shotgun while taking cover next to them, and killing them in one shot)

XCOM actually had a perk like this, specifically for when enemies got too close, but I don't think any of the enemies ever had it. Having it on everyone makes it a lot more interesting, because you actually have to play the game properly and can't cheese it by mad shotgun dashes.

Sounds good! I'm going to be in RDR town tomorrow, but I really do have to get back to this one.

4 minutes ago, legend said:

Sounds good! I'm going to be in RDR town tomorrow, but I really do have to get back to this one.

Man, now I gotta endure several weeks of RDR hype. Not like I would get it on a base PS4 anyway (would have to be on an X, which I don't have) but boy is it gonna make it rough waiting for the inevitable PC version.

And then I'm sure just like Max Payne 3 and GTA V I'll have put up with a wait and then find out the game isn't really for me anyway. :p

6 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Man, now I gotta endure several weeks of RDR hype. Not like I would get it on a base PS4 anyway (would have to be on an X, which I don't have) but boy is it gonna make it rough waiting for the inevitable PC version.

And then I'm sure just like Max Payne 3 and GTA V I'll have put up with a wait and then find out the game isn't really for me anyway. :p

Yeah I don't have a base PS4 and I'm getting a PS4 Pro with it. I really didn't want to do the wait for RDR2 on PC and there were enough other games on PS4 I also want that helped justify it.