Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

General Gaming Battlefield V reveals initial post-release content roadmap, Firestorm battle royale mode to release in March 2019

Recommended Posts

[�IMG]

 

CHAPTER 1: OVERTURE (EARLY DECEMBER – JANUARY)

Roughly two weeks after Battlefield V’s release, we kick off Tides of War and its first chapter.

 

Chapter 1: Overture brings the Panzerstorm map, where the German mechanized war machine plunges into Belgium, smashing into Allied defensive forces. On this tank-focused arena, you’ll roll across ridges, ditches, and elevated roads with a massive force of armor, carving a path of destruction through the countryside.

 

The first chapter also lets you take on an addition to our single-player War Stories: The Last Tiger. In it, a lone Tiger Tank crew begins to question the ideology that got them to this point.

 

During this period, we’ll add the initial iteration of Practice Range to Battlefield V. A seat of learning or just messing around, this area will contain trials to work on your shooting, driving, and flying. Based on the Hamada map, this is an environment that can’t kill you – until someone finds the Friendly Fire button, that is.

 

You'll get to explore Vehicle Customization when Chapter 1 starts, too. Stand out on the battlefield with stunning tank skins and make your mark on the skies with plane skins and nose art decals.

 

The Overture brings weekly events and rewards that will keep highlighting the finer details of Battlefield V gameplay. Each event brings a series of challenges that lets you earn new Tides of War rewards. Also, look forward to the rewards for each time you level up your chapter rank.

 

CHAPTER 2: LIGHTNING STRIKES (JANUARY – MARCH)

With Lightning Strikes arriving early next year, the Tides of War continue – this time with a focus on vehicle warfare and rapid infantry movement. The chapter brings to life the fear created by the Axis war machine through original content and challenges built around vehicle play.

 

Combined Arms: Join forces with up to three friends and take on the co-op experience of Combined Arms. In a series of Combat Strike missions across several maps, you and your squad will fight against AI components in various challenges.

 

During the chapter, two game modes will be added to Battlefield V. A revamped Rush is one of them. Say goodbye to MCOM stations and hello to bombs as you take on this classic, only available during Lightning Strikes.

 

Speaking of classic modes, in Squad Conquest, you’ll take on the most iconic way to play Battlefield – but in a more intense way. Only 16 players – two squads per team – will fight for map domination.

 

Like Chapter 1, Lightning Strikes also brings weekly events and rewards, along with chapter rank-up goodies.

 

CHAPTER 3: TRIAL BY FIRE (STARTING IN MARCH)

Battle Royale comes to Battlefield with Firestorm and the war reaches Greece as the third Tides of War chapter is unleashed in the Spring.

 

Firestorm: During spring, DICE and Criterion start the fire with Battlefield V’s battle royale experience. Firestorm elevates the mode by bringing in the best of what Battlefield is known for. Mix a shrinking playing field with trademark Battlefield elements such as team play, powerful vehicles, and destruction, and you get many unique Battlefield moments coming your way.

 

Greece map: Join a massive aerial invasion along the Cretan coast. The Allied side is desperate to cling to the island under attack by the Axis, attempting to break through the British defenses air superiority and paratroops. This map brings all-out war defined by a power struggle between tank control versus air superiority.

 

Again, just like the other chapters, Trial by Fire will let you tackle weekly events to earn rewards, and as you progress through the chapter, further unlocks await.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Not having BR till March is a bad move.

 

Agreed. Happy about the maps. Nice that they are exploring lesser known parts of WW2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might even cancel my pre-order now.  

 

They didn't announce the Battle Royale during the initial reveal, then it was a throw away announcement at E3.  Seems they got a lot of flack for not having it, and were behind the ball on adding it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'll probably wait until it's on EA access :p

It will be on EA Access at launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

They didn't announce the Battle Royale during the initial reveal, then it was a throw away announcement at E3.  Seems they got a lot of flack for not having it, and were behind the ball on adding it.  

Actually the crowd was mostly booing them for even mentioning it. Most Battlefield Fans don't want the game to have a Battle Royale because that will take away from the main focus of what BF games have been for the last 16 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kleon333 said:

Actually the crowd was mostly booing them for even mentioning it. Most Battlefield Fans don't want the game to have a Battle Royale because that will take away from the main focus of what BF games have been for the last 16 years.

 

Highly doubt that.  Blackout has helped bring in tons of old CoD players that abandonded the franchise back to CoD. 

 

I played the hell out of BF4 and BF1, along with all my friends.  Lack of a Battle Royale at launch in a game that could easily cater itself for a Battle Royale at launch is pretty bad.  Most of us found the beta extremely disappointing, but were hopeful Firestorm would inject new life into the franchise. Guess now we may just wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, legend said:

Oh FFS do people actually care about getting BR on it?

 

Mare you being serious? The BR mode is easily one of the best things about COD right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could give two flying shits about a BR mode. This will be another mode that people are absolutely fucking sick of in the next few years (ala Zombies, Survival, etc.) and we will be stuck with developers attaching it to every MP game that comes out (while sacrificing other areas to accommodate for it)... all while we are begging and pleading for them to stop. Based on that list that was floating around in regards to changes they are making post-Beta, I am pretty optimistic the game will be good. 

 

All I need is operations and conquest and Im happy. Plenty of other games to play if I want BR, TDM, DM etc. 

 

20 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

 

During this period, we’ll add the initial iteration of Practice Range to Battlefield V. A seat of learning or just messing around, this area will contain trials to work on your shooting, driving, and flying. Based on the Hamada map, this is an environment that can’t kill you – until someone finds the Friendly Fire button, that is.

Sounds like a hint at a DICE easter egg. While that could be funny and cool for a minute, I hope its avoidable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve said it before but I think that out of all the games incorporating a BR mode I think that Battlefield is the best fit.

The game already has a naturally high player count per match and it has big maps. The work to get this ready should be minuscule but EA is fucking it up somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I’ve said it before but I think that out of all the games incorporating a BR mode I think that Battlefield is the best fit.

The game already has a naturally high player count per match and it has big maps. The work to get this ready should be minuscule but EA is fucking it up somehow.

bc its a last minute tacked-on cash-grab to meet market demands. Meanwhile, most die hard BF players couldn't care less. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

Mare you being serious? The BR mode is easily one of the best things about COD right now.

 

Yes. I really don't understand the need for 800 BR games especially when they are reactionary rather than driven by a core concept from start to end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Why is BR going to be included so much later after launch?

 

Pure speculation - but they probably had no intention of including it...then Activision announced BR mode for COD ... so EA told Dice to make it happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, legend said:

 

Yes. I really don't understand the need for 800 BR games especially when they are reactionary rather than driven by a core concept from start to end.

 

Think of a BR game made by a AAA studio instead of a small company. That’s mostly why COD’s feels so good.

39 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Why is BR going to be included so much later after launch?

 

I think EA boned themselves going with the WWII theme making it hard to make BR mode around. :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding a Battle Royale mode shouldn't be a tacked on money grab, CoD's isn't, and it makes that game infinitely times better because, variety, options, stuff all gamers should want.  

 

CoDs Battle Royale plays entirely different than PUBG, which plays entirely different to Fortnite, which plays differently to other BR's.  Each of these big franchises takes on BR is what is so cool about them, they are the same mode sure, but they all have their unique spin and iconic franchise feel that makes them all feel unique.  I am really looking forward to BFV's because I love the core Battlefield gameplay, and can't wait to see how it plays for BR.  It is squads only, 64 players, so its already not a typical BR, it will lean heavily on squad gameplay it seems.  That had me excited in some ways cause I love squadding up for BF.  There is plenty to play from now til March, but I already know me and my friends will all probably just be playing CoD until then, even though we are all huge BF players that haven't touched CoD in 8 years and all spent months non stop playing BF. 

 

My group of like 6 guys I played BF1 with religiously are also holding out on Day 1 purchases now.  I'm sure there are plenty of others that are either canceling pre-orders or waiting to see.

 

And ya we were pretty hardcore Battlefield players - 

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/xbox/JPDunks4

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

Adding a Battle Royale mode shouldn't be a tacked on money grab, CoD's isn't, and it makes that game infinitely times better because, variety, options, stuff all gamers should want.  

 

CoDs Battle Royale plays entirely different than PUBG, which plays entirely different to Fortnite, which plays differently to other BR's.  Each of these big franchises takes on BR is what is so cool about them, they are the same mode sure, but they all have their unique spin and iconic franchise feel that makes them all feel unique.  I am really looking forward to BFV's because I love the core Battlefield gameplay, and can't wait to see how it plays for BR.  It is squads only, 64 players, so its already not a typical BR, it will lean heavily on squad gameplay it seems.  That had me excited in some ways cause I love squadding up for BF.  There is plenty to play from now til March, but I already know me and my friends will all probably just be playing CoD until then, even though we are all huge BF players that haven't touched CoD in 8 years and all spent months non stop playing BF. 

 

My group of like 6 guys I played BF1 with religiously are also holding out on Day 1 purchases now.  I'm sure there are plenty of others that are either canceling pre-orders or waiting to see.

 

 

 

 

 

I wonder if BFV will see a surge in sales when they add the BR Mode in the spring. I'm also curious as to why Ghost Recon Wildlands hasn't added it's own BR mode yet as that game seems like a natural for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

 

I wonder if BFV will see a surge in sales when they add the BR Mode in the spring. I'm also curious as to why Ghost Recon Wildlands hasn't added it's own BR mode yet as that game seems like a natural for it.

 

I'd guess it may get a surge, especially if they tie it in with a sale since it'll be months after launch.  Probably depends if the games not already half dead by then and how its received early on.  Most of my group was pretty let down with the beta, so I'm curious to see how well it does with sales.  This BF just feels so rushed to me in general.

 

Then you also have Anthem, Division 2, and other big titles coming out around then.

 

Ubisoft actually commented on this.  They said its physically impossible for them do it with their engine.  Disappointing cause that'd be a great world to have a BR in.

 

 

We understand the allure of the Battle Royale game mode and while it may seem like a natural direction for Ghost War. However, it would involve changes in the game structure and technical challenges that are simply impossible to undertake right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

 

Ubisoft actually commented on this.  They said its physically impossible for them do it with their engine.  Disappointing cause that'd be a great world to have a BR in.

 

 

We understand the allure of the Battle Royale game mode and while it may seem like a natural direction for Ghost War. However, it would involve changes in the game structure and technical challenges that are simply impossible to undertake right now.

Interesting... Survival mode in the Division was my first taste of BR in gaming and I LOVED that. I would love to see what UBI would be able to pull off with a BR game. Right now their open worlds are rivaled only by Rockstar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

Think of a BR game made by a AAA studio instead of a small company. That’s mostly why COD’s feels so good.

 

And Battlefield hacking in a BR mode to their game despite having so many other BR games out there, including COD, is good why? Why does the public want a million more clones of BR? It's one thing if a developer has a novel take on BR that they want to work on as concept in itself. But that really doesn't seem what's happening here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, atom631 said:

@JPDunks4 do you guys have a clan (or Platoon)? 

 

I need X1 players to roll with. Sucks playing solo or with randos all the time. 

 

Im ok: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/xbox/Atom631

 

 

Ya I had a core group of typically 3-6 guys that I always played with.  We currently have been on CoD, not sure what the plan is on BFV yet, especially since Firestorm isn't til March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, legend said:

 

And Battlefield hacking in a BR mode to their game despite having so many other BR games out there, including COD, is good why? Why does the public want a million more clones of BR? It's one thing if a developer has a novel take on BR that they want to work on as concept in itself. But that really doesn't seem what's happening here.

  

 

Read what @JPDunks4 wrote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still wondering who "core" Battlefield fans even are at this point. The game has been slowly aping more and more of how CoD plays for years. And in a sad, bizarre twist, one of the most annoying changes to me about Battlefield (standing on vehicles now scoots you off/kills you) is now how it was in old Battlefield... In fucking CoD! You can stand on vehicles in Blackout and stay put on them!

 

It's a small thing, but it shows me CoD is more about the fun I used to have in Battlefield... And Battlefield is about I don't even fucking know anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I'm still wondering who "core" Battlefield fans even are at this point. The game has been slowly aping more and more of how CoD plays for years. And in a sad, bizarre twist, one of the most annoying changes to me about Battlefield (standing on vehicles now scoots you off/kills you) is now how it was in old Battlefield... In fucking CoD! You can stand on vehicles in Blackout and stay put on them!

 

It's a small thing, but it shows me CoD is more about the fun I used to have in Battlefield... And Battlefield is about I don't even fucking know anymore.

Im Not sure what point you’re trying to make. 

 

Are you saying that in current BF (BF1) you can’t stand on vehicles? And in current COD BR you can? If so, that’s the deal breaker for you? That’s the red line on enjoyment? ive seen lots of people in BF1 stand /croch/prone on tanks and behemoths and subsequently get insta-sniped right off. It always seems like such a terrible tactic. 

 

As for BR... I’ve played PUBG on PC, Xbox and even mobile. The game just lacks polish. And TBH it felt boring. 

 

Fortnite has the polish but I hate the mechanics. Forget the building. The 1v1 where you’re jumping around shooting shotguns at each other is just lame. If the meta is who can jump shoot the best, the game is not for me. It’s just ridiculous.  

 

I have not played COD BR but it does look decent. When I can grab the game for 30 or less I’ll probably give it a go. I hate that it’s one map and it never changes tho. Hopefully they do something about that. 

 

I feel like I’m a core BF player. I enjoy large scale maps. I enjoy destructive environments. I enjoy that there are vehicles (even tho i rarely use them) I enjoy class specific roles. However, I mostly enjoy the absolute chaos of BF. Every match feels like I’m in a full blown war. Never gets old for me. And no other game captures that feeling.  

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I have not played COD BR but it does look decent. When I can grab the game for 30 or less I’ll probably give it a go. I hate that it’s one map and it never changes tho.

 

Just like PUBG added more maps I'm sure COD will add more maps. It's only been less than a month since it came out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

Read what @JPDunks4 wrote.

 

Yeah that doesn't explain away my confusion with why anyone wants this :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, legend said:

Yeah that doesn't explain away my confusion with why anyone wants this :p 

 

Well, I don't think they want a clone. I think they want a polished unique version of the BR mode running on the frostbite engine. Should be a home run.

And arguably it's good for EA because they'd be making money off it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, atom631 said:

Im Not sure what point you’re trying to make. 

 

Are you saying that in current BF (BF1) you can’t stand on vehicles? And in current COD BR you can? If so, that’s the deal breaker for you? That’s the red line on enjoyment?

Oh fuck off with this. My point was that Battlefield moved away from fun dumb things to appeal to the "realism" crowd while simultaneously dumbing down the game and making it about exploding buildings and low TTK to appeal to the dudebro CoD crowd. I have no idea if you can effectively stand on vehicles in BF these days as I stopped playing them years ago, but it's clear their intentions aren't to make wacky fun games like they used to, but to try to appeal to people who like boring bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...