Incompetent #MAGA Chud sent explosive devices to Clintons, Obamas, Joe Biden, Cory Booker, CNN, James Clapper, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, San Diego Union-Tribune

The Onion is on fire today.

Man Just Knows Hillary Clinton Going To Have Opinion On Not Dying In Explosion

Saying he wished the former presidential candidate would “shut up and go away for once,” area man Justin Irsay told reporters Wednesday that he “just knows Hillary Clinton is going to have an opinion” on not dying in a pipe-bomb explosion. “Oh God, she’s going to be out there spouting some comments and making this all about her,” said Irsay, growing increasingly agitated as he imagined Clinton’s likely response to the homemade explosive device mailed to her home and addressed to her personally. “She can’t let anything go. The election was two years ago, for christsakes! It’s like, ‘Hey, Hillary—you lost. Can you get off my TV now?’ Jesus.” Irsay went on to state that dwelling on serial pipe bombings all the time would likely cost Democrats the 2020 election.

• Haha 3

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Nah - I'm good.  I'll continue mocking and generally being "uncivil" to those that I consider to be my enemies (yes, "enemies", not "opponents", not "adversaries", not "those I have a difference of opinion with").

In fact, Imbecile-in-Chief, I might now just crank it to 11.

• Guillotine 1

As of this morning, apparently a package was sent to DeNiro as well. 

Shit is getting crazy. My mother, whom I once had such profound respect for said to me "it too bad they didnt go off, but it makes sense since Soros is behind this. just another liberal false flag".  I couldnt believe it. I told her she can go fuck right off back to Europe and to just call her grandkids to say hi on the holidays. lol.

Add to it you have complete fucking narcissistic trump blaming everyone but himself and Fox news praising him for his handling of the situation... and its seriously too much to comprehend. How did we get here?

3 hours ago, atom631 said:

As of this morning, apparently a package was sent to DeNiro as well. 

Shit is getting crazy. My mother, whom I once had such profound respect for said to me "it too bad they didnt go off, but it makes sense since Soros is behind this. just another liberal false flag".  I couldnt believe it. I told her she can go fuck right off back to Europe and to just call her grandkids to say hi on the holidays. lol.

Add to it you have complete fucking narcissistic trump blaming everyone but himself and Fox news praising him for his handling of the situation... and its seriously too much to comprehend. How did we get here?

Damn man that's rough hearing that from your mother. It took a generation of dumbing down the population for us to get here. 

We're definitely accelerating toward something.

This is the perfect way to kill America. Divide and let us conquer each other.

I don't think we come back from this. It might not end in complete dissolution of the country, but I don't think we ever get unified again, barring some Watchmen-style planetary attack.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn man that's rough hearing that from your mother. It took a generation of dumbing down the population for us to get here. 

yeah man. its bizarre. shes pretty much become a legit white nationalist. My grandfather was a racist asshole too, so I guess in the end the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Its just weird bc she wasnt like this up until a few years ago. 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Scott said:

I don't think we come back from this. It might not end in complete dissolution of the country, but I don't think we ever get unified again, barring some Watchmen-style planetary attack.

A homeland attack can do it, but that's about fucking it. After the results of these midterms, and then after the upcoming recession hits us hard, it's going to get much worse. Just in time for 2020, where if Trump wins again, this shit will get even worse; alternatively, if he loses you know what the alt-right will do. Beyond 2020 I'm not sure what will happen. 

58 minutes ago, Scott said:

There's an old Twilight Zone episode called "The Monsters on Maple Street" that illustrates this perfectly. In that episode the unseen enemy were aliens (who were basically stand ins for communists) but the method and effects were the same. Episode is so relevant today.

I don't know if I've personally reckoned with just how much moral and directional leadership the President wields. I might have expected that with the breadth of today's media landscape, the President's tone and reactions to situations wouldn't so completely sway so much of the populace. I imagine that if this had been bombs sent to Republicans under Obama's watch or the same bombs sent under a President Romney that the White House would be leading the charge against such reckless and unjustified acts of terror and hate. I imagine that even the likes of Fox News would largely fall in line and condemn such actions, swiftly and unequivocally.

Instead we have Trump.

Then again, maybe I give Trump too much credit? If Trump gives up and goes home in 2020 and a more typically presidential republican wins, how much of this climate changes? We saw this culture of conspiracy minded fear mongering and hate blossom during the entirely too civil Obama administration. Maybe Trump is more a symptom than a cause?

Maybe I'm talking in circles because I just don't want answers. Because it almost doesn't matter where the hate comes from when it's already here.

We’ve had actual bombings in this country by right and left political actors. This isn’t something new. It’s always a sad day in America when this stuff happens, but we aren’t in remotely uncharted political territory here.

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

We’ve had actual bombings in this country by right and left political actors. This isn’t something new. It’s always a sad day in America when this stuff happens, but we aren’t in remotely uncharted political territory here.

The difference is that there hasn't been rhetoric coming from the Oval Office that creates an atmosphere where such acts are essentially "expected".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott said:

all i ask is that i get to play Last of Us 2 before we burn the country to the ground

22 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Then again, maybe I give Trump too much credit? If Trump gives up and goes home in 2020 and a more typically presidential republican wins, how much of this climate changes? We saw this culture of conspiracy minded fear mongering and hate blossom during the entirely too civil Obama administration. Maybe Trump is more a symptom than a cause?

Read the book.

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

There's a huge difference where, in this case, the president is blaming these bombs on their recipient "dressing too slutty".

40 minutes ago, Comet said:

A homeland attack can do it, but that's about fucking it.

Actually I'm going to say that it won't.

This isn't 2001 - this is a VERY different country than it was then.  Depending on the target, a huge proportion of the population will shrug their shoulders and effectively say "Too bad, so sad."

13 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Actually I'm going to say that it won't.

This isn't 2001 - this is a VERY different country than it was then.  Depending on the target, a huge proportion of the population will shrug their shoulders and effectively say "Too bad, so sad."

I guess it depends what they hit. But yeah, you might be right 

28 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The difference is that there hasn't been rhetoric coming from the Oval Office that creates an atmosphere where such acts are essentially "expected".

<citation needed>