Disney Exploring ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ Reboot With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick

SaysWho?

https://deadline.com/2018/10/pirates-of-the-caribbean-reboot-deadpool-writers-rhett-reese-paul-wernick-johnny-depp-1202488160/

EXCLUSIVE: Disney is exploring a reboot of its billion dollar Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. The studio has met with the writing team of Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick and they are in early talks to write the script. Reese & Wernick are the writers behind the first two Deadpool blockbusters, and before that wrote Zombieland and its sequel, and 6 Underground, the action film that Michael Bay is directing for Netflix with Ryan Reynolds starring.

7 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

Just make a story about different pirates, don't do the Jack Sparrow business again. 

I agree with this. I really like the first pirates, but every one following it feels so me too-ish. And I don't mean filled with sexual assault.

15 hours ago, 2user1cup said:

Just make a story about different pirates, don't do the Jack Sparrow business again. 

Yeah. I wish more companies would go the FF route. Not everything has to be a direct sequel or even take place in the same universe. 

14 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The last one was very exciting and fun throughout. The ending was pretty awesome too. I can't see this series continuing without Depp but I'd keep watching them. 

I've seen/heard a lot of people say that and yet I honestly can't even remember much about the last one except that Javier mumbled all his lines so badly that I didn't understand a freaking word he said.  

The original trilogy is fantastic from start to finish. 4 was meh. 5 is what 4 should have been, and aside from lacking that signature swordfight spectacle, it was a fantastic homage and send off of the characters from the first three films. 

It was also the first film to truly nail the CG version of an actor from when they were young. Pirates is know for pushing the boundaries of CG, and 5 was no different. 

9 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Anyone hating on Pirates 2 & 3 seriously need to go revisit them. Director Gore Verbinski (who did the first one) really did some great work there and the writing is witty throughout (same writers as the first one as well). 

http://collider.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean-2-and-3-defense/

At Worlds End is my favorite in the series. I actually enjoy 4 quite a bit, it's a step down from the first three and it sorely lacked ships on the water, but I got quite a kick out of it. 

In 5, it seemed like they made Sparrow an absolute idiot. Like, low-IQ dumb. He always got out of jams with a lot of luck and a little bit of planning in the first 4 movies, and you always knew he was smarter than he appeared, but in 5 he's a downright imbecile. I hated 5, with exception to the wonderful Geoffrey Rush. That guy could read the ABC's in Barbosa's voice and I'd be captivated for hours. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TheRealSmallville said:

At Worlds End is my favorite in the series. I actually enjoy 4 quite a bit, it's a step down from the first three and it sorely lacked ships on the water, but I got quite a kick out of it. 

In 5, it seemed like they made Sparrow an absolute idiot. Like, low-IQ dumb. He always got out of jams with a lot of luck and a little bit of planning in the first 4 movies, and you always knew he was smarter than he appeared, but in 5 he's a downright imbecile. I hated 5, with exception to the wonderful Geoffrey Rush. That guy could read the ABC's in Barbosa's voice and I'd be captivated for hours. 

Geoffrey Rush is amazing in these movies, so I agree with you there. And At World's End is my favorite too - it's the weirdest and funniest one.

On 10/25/2018 at 9:08 AM, TheLeon said:

I loved the first one when it came out, and still admire it today as an excellent piece of blockbuster film making . For some reason, I never bothered to watch the others. I was even working in a movie theater when Dead Man's Chest came out. 

You really should bother. The stories get more crazy and the special effects more elaborite. Each one is an event.