Inside Rockstar Games’ Culture of Crunch (Kotaku/Jason Schreier) - update: workers report "drastically improved" conditions

Brian

The title of this article should of been called "Rockstar Games: Culture of Fear".  You better work hard and long or risk shame from managment and shame from fellow employees. Just feel lucky you work for Rockstar and feed the ego of the Houser bros. Aside from all the crazy examples one that stuck with me was where Rockstar seems to care more about how many hours an employee has worked than how much work they complete. And that mentality is bragged about between employees as some sort of Stockholm Syndrom competition. For many people there Rockstar seems to be their life by force or risk being fired for wanting to have a life outside the company. 

21 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m really disappointed. Maybe it was all that hype but the game isn’t fun. 

I’m still holding out hope that it will hit it’s stride as I get a bit deeper. But so far I’m really kinda of bored and unimpressed with almost every single aspect of the game. 

42 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I’m still holding out hope that it will hit it’s stride as I get a bit deeper. But so far I’m really kinda of bored and unimpressed with almost every single aspect of the game. 

Exactly. But I think what we are playing now IS the game unfortunately. 

• Guillotine 2

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

How anyone can be dissapointed in this game is beyond me. It's simply incredible. I just played 5 more hours. I'm so immersed. 

Because it’s a janky mess with immersion just for the sake of it. How anyone can be impressed(beautiful world they built aside) with this game after we’ve had Witcher 3, Breath of the Wild and AC Odyssey help redefine how open world games should be is beyond me. 

This is Diablo 3 levels of dissapointing. 

• Guillotine 2

6 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Because it’s a janky mess with immersion just for the sake of it. How anyone can be impressed(beautiful world they built aside) with this game after we’ve had Witcher 3, Breath of the Wild and AC Odyssey help redefine how open world games should be is beyond me. 

Sucks to be you :lol:

5 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Clearly you just dont have a refined enough palate :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Drink vodka and play cod. This game is for people with patience and appreciate immersion and art. Game is fucking insane. The details are astounding. 

I haven't started the game yet, but to be fair, you're usually pretty hyperbolic about games. You either praise them to the moon and back or cast them into the pits of hell. 

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

No. It just sucks for you you don't appreciate the game. Wasted money and time. I couldn't care less. Game is incredible. Check out metacritic...you're in the minority. 

Lol you’re the definition of being defensive. Reverting to basic level insults and insinuating people just don’t get it. Also pointing to video game reviews, I’ve already addressed how unreliable that is. 

I’m glad you like it, honestly I am. I wish I did. I’m hoping it clicks for me the more I play. But your reaction to people critiquing the game? I’m kind of embarrassed for you. 

• Guillotine 1

12 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Lol you’re the definition of being defensive. Reverting to basic level insults and insinuating people just don’t get it. Also pointing to video game reviews, I’ve already addressed how unreliable that is. 

I’m glad you like it, honestly I am. I wish I did. I’m hoping it clicks for me the more I play. But your reaction to people critiquing the game? I’m kind of embarrassed for you. 

Triggered af. Lol. 

I am just so thankful mine was free because of Wades giveaway or I would really be disappointed. 

And i I keep telling him reviews don’t mean shit. Just someone’s opinion. 

• Guillotine 1

52 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

My reactions are opinions. Just like your reactions. Being embarrassed for me is comical. 

16 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

That's fair. 

Hopefully I get to throw my opinion in tomorrow or Monday. It's the first weekend I've had off with my husband in ages and RDR isn't really the priority right now. My solo time is dedicated to the the World Series for now. 

I was just messing with you. :) 

5 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Lol telling someone to drink Vodka and play CoD isn’t an opinion my man. 

True but it’s excalty what I’m doing tonight!

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...