Sarah ❄ Sanders to receive Secret Service protection

49 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I don't even remember this, but in 2012, Republicans were very happy that a bakery declined to have Biden visit:

Different situation. Biden's team asked the owner if Biden could come in for a campaign visit with photographers and stuff and he said he didn't want to do it because he disagreed with him politically.

Man, Fox News and Trump and their army of morons are just eating this shit up. It's all they needed. A few of their staffers get publicly shamed and one congresswoman says it's okay and BOOM, the left is unhinged and they are all in danger. What a fucking shit show. Trump supporters really are just the stupidest fucking stupid fucks in all of history.

Just now, ort said:

Different situation. Biden's team asked the owner if Biden could come in for a campaign visit with photographers and stuff and he said he didn't want to do it because he disagreed with him politically.

But that's what I said: "a bakery declined to have Biden visit." I'm aware of the situation.

It doesn't look like Sanders gave the Red Hen warning, so they didn't get a chance to decline her (and something tells me she would have). Between this and the cake for a gay couple, we once again fall back to IOIYAR.

I just think it's two completely different situations. It's not like Biden walked in on a Tuesday and tried to buy a cake and was told to leave. He wanted to do a photo shoot there and promote his politics.

I don't think it's fair to compare the two incidents at all. That doesn't mean that the right wing media machine isn't a collection of 100% dishonest hypocritical fucklords. Because they are.

2 minutes ago, ort said:

I just think it's two completely different situations. It's not like Biden walked in on a Tuesday and tried to buy a cake and was told to leave. He wanted to do a photo shoot there and promote his politics.

I don't think it's fair to compare the two incidents at all. That doesn't mean that the right wing media machine isn't a collection of 100% dishonest hypocritical fucklords. Because they are.

I think they're similar enough, along with the wedding cake for the gay couple, that it fits right into IOIYAR. And I'll likely stand by that until death.

12 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I don't even remember this, but in 2012, Republicans were very happy that a bakery declined to have Biden visit:

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I think they're similar enough, along with the wedding cake for the gay couple, that it fits right into IOIYAR. And I'll likely stand by that until death.

Ehhhhhh, refusing service (Red Hen, Masterpiece) is different than refusing a photo op for a campaign event :p

21 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Ehhhhhh, refusing service (Red Hen, Masterpiece) is different than refusing a photo op for a campaign event :p

"Standing on principle" was the argument Fox and right-wingers in general was using, which is why I'm comparing them. This isn't something I'm changing my mind on but also isn't something I want to derail the thread about, so let's all accept that and move on. :p 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Of course he would, why would Papa Huckabee be the one who magically finds his spine in the face of Trump?

Seriously, though, I totally get that argument, but if he actually lost his spine to defend his daughter, that would mark a new low for me since he's not running for office.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Seriously, though, I totally get that argument, but if he actually lost his spine to defend his daughter, that would mark a new low for me since he's not running for office.

I think you're forgetting Cruz slavishly cucking himself to Trump after what Trump said about his wife and father.

CruzSad1.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

It’s also different to refuse service to an entire group of people than it is to refuse service to someone who is complicit in locking up children in cages.

53 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

To me the Red Hen incident is more comparable to the baker who refused making cakes for gay couples.  

Whether it's more comparable is probably irrelavant since those two incidents are entirely different as well.

In the making cakes incident, the person who was refusing service was based on the premise of who the couple were generally (members of the gay community) rather than who they were specifically (Bob and Ed, or whoever, they were). 

In the Red Hen incident, the person refusing service was based on the premise of who the person was specifically (aka Sarah Huckabee Sanders, senior White House official), due to Sarah's political stances and policies. Refusing her service (more accurately: politely asking her and her entourage to leave) was a form of political protest at a specific public person.

This isn't directed at you Spawn. I'm just amazed a lot of people don't understand this distinction. 

But hey, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of both the baker and the Muslim Ban, so what do I know. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Stupid libtards are bigoted toward Sarah. :cry:

The thing is, that's true! :p 

We are bigoted against, specifically, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, due to who she is, what she's done, who she represents, etc. 

That's totally the same thing as refusing service to all gay people because they are gay! Totally the same thing GUYS.

Being bigoted against one person and being bigoted against an entire group = SAME THING GUYS.