Destiny 3 rumor leak: more RPG focus, PvPvE areas, Europa location

Commissar SFLUFAN

11 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Or don't 

Before going into it, these leaks come from a known Destiny leaker known as AnonTheNine on reddit. He leaked a bunch of accurate stuff pre-Forsaken update and very recently leaked the fact that the Thunderlord machine gun was going to return in the recent holiday event and people have confirmed that the gun is now in the game via datamining. 

Here are some select leaks from him as of late

Europa will be a location in D3
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9pz56p/cant_wait/
(links to a picture of Europa and he clarifies in the comments that it is for D3)

Chris Barrett is game director rather than Luke Smith and recently started full development
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...e_should_have_a_solid_base/e81yaol/?context=0
(so don't expect D3 next year)

D3 will have PvPvE patrol zones and be "more hardcore" than Forsaken, bigger focus on RPG elements
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._have_a_d2y3_instead_of_d3/e87ex5x/?context=1

It also mentions that the we will be using the "Darkness" which most likely means new subclasses. 

Also slightly related, here is the original concept art for Europa that was supposed to be in D1

KXqe6XE.jpg

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is Destiny 2 worth revisiting? I beat it and put it down shortly afterwards and played NONE of the DLC. I played the first game to DEATH though and got close with some D1P'ers through it.

I was burned out on Destiny 2 and wasn't sure about Forsaken but I got it and I'm loving it! The two DLCs comes with Forsaken now and are worth playing. I would get the version with the new season pass since it comes with 3 upcoming DLCs.

14 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

Isn't Gambit already PvPvE?

PvPvE patrol zones. Gambit is a PvPvE "comp" mode. Only game that I can recently think that had something similar to a PvPvE patrol zone is The Division after that big update, you had PvE enemies and objectives you could do in a "Dark Zone Area" but also other people can come in and kill you to steal your loot, etc.

14 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is Destiny 2 worth revisiting? I beat it and put it down shortly afterwards and played NONE of the DLC. I played the first game to DEATH though and got close with some D1P'ers through it.

I just got back into it and am loving it. This expansion has *a lot* of content. Only downside is they really made it a lot harder and more time consuming to get to max light this time. I mean that's in the plus category for me but most will find it daunting.

Haven't bought Forsaken because how often I get burned by Bungie. They slowly ruined D1 until TTK, D2 comes out and its the exact same thing. Like how do you not avoid mistakes of the past.

The more hardcore aspect is actually extremely appealing to me, but Bungie still needs dedicated servers.

• Haha 1

If they're going to steal ideas from The Divison why not steal the  best one:  Matchmaking on all game modes. 

But Destiny 2 is a MUCH better game with Forsaken and the sandbox update prior to that. Random Rolls are a thing again extending the life. The story telling still sucks but at least much the lore can finally be read in the game. The thing I dislike the most is the power level grind but I still play the game nearly every day for many hours at a time when I can because the core gameplay is still amazing and now there is so much more things to do even for a casual player that just likes to patrol and do a few strikes here and there. Destiny 2 is worth buying/playing again. 

I hope they save it for like 2021 and keep it for the next gen consoles (and PC of course) since current speculation is that next gen consoles will come out in 2020. Don't do a cross-gen thing like the first game did, have it only on the next gen so they can take full advantage of the new hardware. although I wonder how you would carry over your progress from a PS4 to a PS5.

Destiny 3 can then be the game that just gets continuous updates. I'd love for the whole solar system to be explorable in one game. Also lets us fly our ships and have them actually have different abilities, that way they are actually useful, and not just for looks. Same with Sparrows. If Destiny 3 is an all out war with The Darkness, might make sense to give ships and Sparrows weapons.