Wonder Woman 1984 to release in theaters and on HBO Max on Christmas Day

57 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I do wonder if they would have gone the $20 route, how it would have done. 

I am 1 data point that would have bit if it were cheaper :p 

It's kind of silly fussing over such a relatively small difference in cost, but I don't like encouraging that price point so I opted to wait.

4 minutes ago, legend said:

I am 1 data point that would have bit if it were cheaper :p 

It's kind of silly fussing over such a relatively small difference in cost, but I don't like encouraging that price point so I opted to wait.

It's a small difference in cost for one movie but it would add up quickly if it became the new normal given it's a 1.5x increase over $20.

It just seems to be priced right at the point that it’s not an impulse buy for people, especially when you jump on the service you’re already paying for and have free content to choose. I’m sure Disney did their research but maybe just got it wrong

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I do wonder if they would have gone the $20 route, how it would have done. 

true, but not only was 30, you also had to already have D+ so if you didn't you ended up having to subscribe to the service. Had it been 20 (or even kept it 30) and had available everywhere it might have done better. I want to see it, but I have so much other crap in my backlog that waiting until Dec rolls around to watch for free is no big deal 

• 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Wonder Woman 1984 to release in theaters and on HBO Max on Christmas Day
  • 2 weeks later...

Can’t wait to watch an UltraHD burned copy online shortly after its HBO Max debut. Too bad it’s only available stateside because I can see it ripping into the profits even more with some countries doing only a theatrical release at the start. My area won’t even have theatres open when it’s out with current Covid restrictions happening and seeing no change in the outbreak numbers halfway into out 28 day red zone of restrictions. 

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Can’t wait to watch an UltraHD burned copy online shortly after its HBO Max debut. Too bad it’s only available stateside because I can see it ripping into the profits even more with some countries doing only a theatrical release at the start. My area won’t even have theatres open when it’s out with current Covid restrictions happening and seeing no change in the outbreak numbers halfway into out 28 day red zone of restrictions. 

Yeah with no legal way of watching it online in Canada, I will definitely be torrenting it while feeling no guilt.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished it and loved it. It’s such a different feeling movie. Kinda hard to describe. But it really goes for a way different feel from the first which is great. Pascal gives one of the best performances I’ve seen in a comic book movie and Wiig was fantastic. 

There are admittedly some odd plot progressions. There are times that it feels like something was cut that may have explained whats happening better. But for the most part it all makes sense by the end. 

Overall a really fun and different feeling super hero movie whose message really lands, especially right now. 

5 hours ago, Brick said:

Spoilers in this Tweet thread, but from the sounds of it, this movie is a bit of a tone deaf mess

That is hands down the most awful, “try hard” review I’ve ever read. You’d have to be stretch Armstrong to arrive at the conclusions he some how contorts himself into. 

Just now, Mercury33 said:

That is hands down the most awful, “try hard” review I’ve ever read. You’d have to be stretch Armstrong to arrive at the conclusions he some how contorts himself into. 

Yeah, I didn't love the movie but some of his points were just way off.

Spoiler

Beating the rapist for example was just showing shes not a hero, imagine Super man just beating the shit out of a rapist in the street and leaving him to die just cause he could, lol.  Also he like forgot this was set during one of the most tense times in the cold war where the middle east absolutely would have been the catalyst for WW3.

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

Yeah, I didn't love the movie but some of his points were just way off.

Hide contents

Beating the rapist for example was just showing shes not a hero, imagine Super man just beating the shit out of a rapist in the street and leaving him to die just cause he could, lol.  Also he like forgot this was set during one of the most tense times in the cold war where the middle east absolutely would have been the catalyst for WW3.

Spoiler

Yeah that take was unreal. The point was to show that she was ENJOYING the violence and she was 100% going to kill him if her homeless friend didn’t interrupt him. Like you said, it was to show she wasn’t a hero. Especially in the opening scene when they showed WW trying so hard to not kill anyone. 

And yeah you’re spot on about the Middle East thing. His critique shows no knowledge of current events during that time period. 

19 hours ago, Dre801 said:

Haven't seen it, but my various Facebook friends have and they're all over the place as far as impressions go.

I've gotten everything from "I fucking loved it" to "4/10: Would not recommend."

I'll see it someday.

I saw someone say it's 45 minutes too long.