Wonder Woman 1984 to release in theaters and on HBO Max on Christmas Day

39 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Trailer definitely looks promising. The 1984 aspect still has me puzzled a bit. Are we going to see what makes her go back into hiding or is the DC universe just going to ignore that the until BvS WW seemed completely unknown to the world. 

Well she took our those cameras in the mall. If she makes a habit of that kind of behavior, maybe she is more “myth” to the world by BVS. 

34 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I'm going to sound like a dick here.  However, BLT is one of my favourite songs of all time (and was my first dance at my wedding).

It also did not exist in 1984.

What song are you talking about?

24 minutes ago, ARZ said:

So they went the Captain Marvel route? Worked for them, hope it works here...looks fun!

Nah, Captain Marvel forgets it takes place in the 90s about 30 minutes in. WW1984 uses the 80s as part of the setting, aesthetic, and narrative.

13 hours ago, sblfilms said:

That was pretty rad. And DC flicks continue to be far more visually interesting than the MCU big budget TV look.

I would actually say that this movie reminded me more of GoTG or Thor: R than other DC movies. That's a good thing IMO as those Marvel movies are some of the best (and most visually interesting). I honestly wouldn't be upset if basically all comic book movies go for the neon + saturated look from now on. Better than black leather and gritty.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I would actually say that this movie reminded me more of GoTG or Thor: R than other DC movies. That's a good thing IMO as those Marvel movies are some of the best (and most visually interesting). I honestly wouldn't be upset if basically all comic book movies go for the neon + saturated look from now on. Better than black leather and gritty.

It's definitely time for comic book movies to look more... comic-booky. We've done the whole gritty, realistic thing. Now audiences can except folks flying around in bright colors and ridiculously impractical suits :p

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's definitely time for comic book movies to look more... comic-booky. We've done the whole gritty, realistic thing. Now audiences can except folks flying around in bright colors and ridiculously impractical suits :p

Impractical like bat nipples? Or impractical like not being able to turn your head left and right?

36 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Trailer looks fun. I don't really have much sense as to what it's about, but that's fine by me.

Agreed, hard to say where it's going, but for a first trailer it got my interest. I think WW is the only DC movie property I care about at all.