Categories look like shit

CitizenVectron

@CitizenVectron A lot of people were complaining that they wanted subforums and this was the solution to not having a bajillion fucking barely-active subforums again. The idea is that if you click on one of those it'll filter to just that category, and the different colors are to make it easy to spot, say, a new Anime thread.

I really like the idea of categories and wish that people had used tags to this effect before, but....  I think that the color scheme might need to be adjusted a bit, if possible. 

On8p2Xb.png

I find that some of those are really illegible. White on yellow? Yuck! :p 

That they're color-coordinated is great, that makes things really quick, but I wonder if some other text color might not be easier to read...

I think it is weird that for once I am not the one complaining. I am a massive complainer, it is what I am good at. But I am happy with the changes... The YT videos need to embed at a smaller size, but shit is looking good.

If they have to be one color then it isn't too bad I suppose, but they should stay for sure. I can see why people don't like the lucky charm aesthetic tho.

9 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I really like the idea of categories and wish that people had used tags to this effect before, but....  I think that the color scheme might need to be adjusted a bit, if possible. 

I find that some of those are really illegible. White on yellow? Yuck! :p 

That they're color-coordinated is great, that makes things really quick, but I wonder if some other text color might not be easier to read...

Yellow would be the most prominent color in comics. Finding a shade that was as non-offensive as it currently is was rather difficult.

All sports colors are official colors, as are the game systems. Movies is Oscar gold, music is Billboards blue. Books is a paper brown. Television is LG pink. Wrestling is WWE red. Gaming Equipment is Power A orange. And PC is just purple.

Yeah it's the color of the text that is impossible to read on some of them. I haven't looked at it on mobile yet to see whether it's better there, but on my desktop and laptop, anime, books, comics, and movies are all pretty much impossible to read. And before you ask, yes, I do have glasses, and yes, I'm wearing them. :p 

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yes I can see them!

General Entertainment and movies still a bit iffy.

FWIW General Entertainment doesn't necessarily have to be super visible from the way I'm thinking about what we're doing here, we just needed a catch-all if we were going to force people to select a prefix to post a thread. 

I know you guys are trying to get all of this situated so I don't mean to pile on, but it's really hard to scan the entertainment board right now:

ED3gfuk.png

The headlines should stand out more than anything else, but all I see are tags and categories.

Is there a way to make it so that the categories aren't at the beginning of the line, but at the end? Right now it's impossible to scan down the titles and read them because there is so much more clutter going on. Or at least eliminate user-added tags because they add nothing except clutter. I also can't use a dark theme because it hurts my eyes too much.