Extra Life 2018: I'm participating this year!

Anzo

I'm knocking off a bucket list item this year and participating in Extra Life 2018. I'm been wanting to do this for a number of years now and speaking with the good folks at EL at PAX West this year sealed the deal.

For anyone who might be unfamiliar with the cause, Extra Life unites thousands of gamers around the world to play games in support of their local Children's Miracle Network Hospital. Since its inception in 2008, Extra Life has raised more than $40 million for sick and injured kids. I hope you can help me as I try to meet my goal of $1000 for Children's Miracle Network. My hospital of choice is Peace Health Sacred Heart Medical Center in Eugene Oregon. We had our youngest child at this hospital earlier this year and I can attest to the quality care they provide, especially to young kids. 

My personal drive page can be found here

This year's Extra Life will be held on November 3rd. I will be streaming on my Twitch channel via PS4 for the entire 24 hours starting at 12:01 AM. I will also be recruiting the help of my kids to take over the stream at times for some couch co-op games like Treadnaughts and Towerfall. My oldest son will jump into some Fortnite and I'll be at the helm for the majority of the time for some Destiny 2 co-op activities with some fellow D1Pers in the afternoon and evening.

I hope you will consider donating to this cause. Even if you don't, I hope you will drop into the stream and leave a note of support at some point throughout the day.

Thanks to everyone who has donated thus far. After only two days we are already 1/3 of the way there! 

Im starting to cook up a tentative schedule for the stream as well as some silly/crazy milestone activities we can do on stream. Perhaps at the $500 and $1000 marks I’m thinking. 

Edit: $461! At $500 I will eat a pint of this during the stream. https://saltandstraw.com/flavor/creepy-crawly-critters/?fbclid=IwAR2hxT2Wssgz-7ahnmOgL31NIXOgonCMx7fi6PClzGhodiGZXnrRbGZg1D8

Game Day is only a few days away! Here is the tentative schedule of what we will be playing:

12:01 AM -7:00 AM – Destiny 2

7:00 AM – 8:00 AM – Kids and I play Treadnaughts

8:00 AM – 9:00 AM – Kids and I play Overcooked

9:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Son plays Fortnite

12:00 PM – 2:00 PM – Kids playing Towerfall: Ascension (Me hopefully napping)

2:00 PM – 4:00 PM – Journey playthrough

4:00 PM – 7:00 PM – "Mystery Game"

7:00 PM – 12:00 AM – Destiny 2

See you all Saturday!

https://www.twitch.tv/anzotv

Well the stream is done and all in all it was a really fun event. Thanks again to all from here who donated! 

@NeoJoe

@mo1518

@bladimir2k

@SFLUFAN

@Hurdyb1

@eggydoo

@ManUtdRedDevils

Thanks to your efforts we raised $871 dollars! My goal was $1000 but for a first year this is better than I could have hoped. If you were on the fence before you can still donate if you feel so inclined.

There are archives of the stream over on my Twitch channel. I'm not sure how long they stay there. PS4 breaks up the streams by game so they are broken down in that fashion. I will post a couple of clips here. 

• Like 2

This was helping @Emblazon and @Triage get a coveted item in Destiny 2. We had already failed once and none of us wanted to run it again. D2 players will get this.

Another Destiny one, we were raiding, I was very sleep deprived and was screwing up the call outs. "Whose to the right?" Should've been me!  Poor @mo1518 was the victim here. 

This was perhaps my most clutch PvP moment in D2 history. 

My mystery game was SOTN that just released for PS4. Here is a candid moment between my wife and I.

I was gone at a color run with my 8 year old while the older two kids played Overcooked. Caught this little interaction. I don't think my son knows what "beat meat" also means.

• Like 1