U.S. to Tell Russia It Is Leaving Landmark I.N.F. Treaty

16 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

We are talking Donald Trump though. He does things differently than anyone else. Our leverage in his mind may be that he thinks Russia won't want us developing nukes again either. The evidence for this is in virtually every negotiation he has done so far. He throws tariffs up before making a trade deal. He always tends to make a big move like threatening to tear the agreement up or being hostile before the negotiations  start. 

Most of these moves haven't involved his puppetmaster though.

2 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

He may have miscalculated and I don't support his move here, I'm just more willing now days to wait to see how it all plays out. I thought Trump was permanently killing NAFTA and the results weren't that bad at all. 

The counterparties in the NAFTA negotiations were interested in coming to an agreement.  Moscow really has no such incentive or desire because they really do want to produce this class of missiles. 

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The counterparties in the NAFTA negotiations were interested in coming to an agreement.  Moscow really has no such incentive or desire because they really do want to produce this class of missiles. 

My point is I question the idea that Trump is Russia's puppet. Trump is probably just miscalculating and thinking this will go down like the NAFTA deal. 

37 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

My point is I question the idea that Trump is Russia's puppet. Trump is probably just miscalculating and thinking this will go down like the NAFTA deal. 

Exactly. 

Trump is not Russia's puppet. He received their support gladly in order to win. Since then, he's just not tried to piss them off because he's thinking about the business future. Same thing with Saudi Arabia. He is 100% self serving and at no point is Trump subservient to anyone or anything aside from his personal and financial interests. 

On 10/21/2018 at 11:08 AM, Zaku3 said:

Audiobook purchased

18 minutes ago, atom631 said:

me too. not to de-rail the discussion... but this 2020 Commission sounds interesting AF. Sometimes Im glad I have over an hr commute to work. 

Once you guys have finished the book, PM me or make a topic and at me. I'd love to talk it over with people.

On 10/21/2018 at 11:57 PM, CayceG said:

Nuclear winter is absolutely a thing. In the 2020 Commission I believe it mentions that after the exchanges the world suffers minor symptoms of it in terms of cooling. That then causes food shortages and famine that kills our displaces millions.

Just finished. It did cause cooling that increased famine. Will start a topic on I guess our entertainment board.

• Like 1