What do you think of gaming chairs?

Rev

1 hour ago, Jason said:

My only problem with def's chair is having to buy it blind. For something like a chair I want to be able to sit in it before buying it.

I bought mine at Fry's. I agree, I went to different stores to sit in different office and gaming chairs. Fry's had a wide assortment of both to try. For me it was between the Vernazza and the AKRacing Artica. 

HS8A62081.png

Both chairs felt great. I actually liked the Arctica better but it only came in white and thus is more prone to it getting dirty or stained. I definitely recommend you try before you buy. 

16 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Recently bought this from an Office Max for $100 on sale.  Perfect mix of comfort and price.  Go to the store and sit in one.  And unlike most gaming chairs, it's not totally hideous.

8638586_p_r_040918?$OD-Large$&wid=450&he

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/8638586/Realspace-Tresswell-Bonded-Leather-High-Back/

I've never had success with the durability of bonded-leather office chairs.  They always fall apart rather quickly on me.

Aesthetic appeal is in the eye of the beholder.  

15 hours ago, mikechorney said:

I've never had success with the durability of bonded-leather office chairs.  They always fall apart rather quickly on me.

Aesthetic appeal is in the eye of the beholder.  

I care most about comfort.  I'm not getting rid of this chair until its looks like a cat clawed it up. :p

Wait the idea is to get a couch that isn’t comfortable but instead decorative? That’s just terrible. And your current couch would still look a lot nicer I’d imagine than a decorative couch and a random ass gaming chair. That would look terrible. If anything just get a recliner with the for whatever reason shit couch.

On 10/20/2018 at 6:35 PM, crispy4000 said:

Recently bought this from an Office Max for $100 on sale.  Perfect mix of comfort and price.  Go to the store and sit in one.  And unlike most gaming chairs, it's not totally hideous.

8638586_p_r_040918?$OD-Large$&wid=450&he

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/8638586/Realspace-Tresswell-Bonded-Leather-High-Back/

Ive had this chair for 7-8 years, maybe more. it was a score from my office when we were moving into a new place, they decked it out with brand new office furniture. we were able to take whatever we wanted of the old shit. 

its held up for what it is. arms are a bit worn out, but thats to be expected. the chair lift will unexpected lose its air every now and then and sink me all the way down. but for the most part it holds it. 

i have no reason so change it out. its so comfortable, officially has an impression of my ass. 

8 hours ago, stepee said:

Wait the idea is to get a couch that isn’t comfortable but instead decorative? That’s just terrible. And your current couch would still look a lot nicer I’d imagine than a decorative couch and a random ass gaming chair. That would look terrible. If anything just get a recliner with the for whatever reason shit couch.

Our couch has had it and a neighbor has a smaller, more decorative couch they're willing to give us for free because they're moving out of state. It's mostly the smaller part that matters to her because we live in a 400 sq ft studio.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, after hinting that I was considering getting one of these I got one of these. I've had it about a week.

I've only had a handful of office chairs myself. One I got because my friend's boyfriend worked at CompUSA and I could get a discount on the chair, it was fabric rather than leather but lasted me like 20 years. I guess the biggest issue there is it would make your butt hot, the arms would get dark because of all that skin and you couldn't adjust the height. When I moved I couldn't take it with me plus I had another seat waiting for me. I bout this other chair with my dad and it seemed nice at the time but it had a fake leather coating and it started coming apart everywhere and black chunks of it would get tracked all over the house. I thought this would be a good time to take the jump on one of these chairs.

I got the Manomic Ergocepter Pro. It's mostly black with only a bit of blue stitching for the accents (you can customize the color on the site). It's a well built seat, very firm feeling but not uncomfortably so. The armrests have little indentations for fingers in case you really need to hold on but it's also a soft rubber so it actually feels nice to squeeze. The two pillows for lumbar and neck I feel are nice additions. If you do get this I believe I used coupon code DOC to get free shipping ($15 off) and it comes within a week, you do have to have someone to sign for the package, however.

But yeah no complaints so far. Probably the best thing to come out of Ohio since LeBron James.

• Like 1

I've had a Noblechairs EPIC for a couple of weeks now.  I made the decision to get a Noblechair after watching some of the chair videos on HardOCP, and then sitting in one at Microcenter.

AB99_131492776449788490aBBKIw9iwV.jpgThe seating surfaces seems to be made of a high-quality PU vinyl, and they have a relatively firm foam.  The lumbar pillows, combined with fully-adjustable rear recliner and armrests have allowed me to customize it to be extremely comfortable (and relatively ergonomic).  The blue contrast stitching is relatively subtle, so the styling is less garish than most gaming chairs -- and so far has been wife-approved for the office.

So far, I'm really happy with the purchase.