What do you think of gaming chairs?

Rev

My wife wants to get rid of the reclining couch for a normal, smaller, more decorative one. A decision I've heartily declined for a few years now because I do all my gaming from our couch but she's recently employing the tactic of trying to get me to game from a gaming chair instead. How are they? Worth about 200+$? Are there diminishing returns on comfort above a certain price? I've seen some options for built in mouse and keyboard trays which would be cool for me because I game on my PC and consoles all through my TV.

3 minutes ago, Rev said:

How do you guys feel gaming chairs compare to playing on a reclining couch for like 8+ hours at a time? Also, have any of you found a good solution for mouse and keyboard without a desk?

I feel like shit after sitting for 8 hours on a couch -- due to my poor posture on a couch.

I sit for 8+ hours in an office chair almost every day, and feel better.

That said, not sure how I would set up a "gaming chair" in a family room though.

I own this DXRacer I've had it for a couple years. I got it 50% off during black friday or something of that nature.

Its comfy, yet firm. You don't really sink into it nor is it entirely uncomfortable to sit in. It doesn't get hot really even during the summer months.

The armrests options are useless(?) for me at least, 9 options, various heights, and I just keep it standard facing forward and as high as it goes while still sliding under my desk.

My biggest issue with it is that while you can take the lumbar support pillow off, it just creates this void where the back meets the seat.

By comparison I had a LaZboy chair that I got from Sam's Club while super comfy I also started having back pains after sitting in it for a few months. Quickly stopped using it.

Prior to that I had this Markus from IKEA that I've heard some people rave about. It wasn't a bad chair by any means, I just didn't find it to be that great.

Would I recommend one? Sure, they aren't horrible chairs, quite the opposite I think they are crafted pretty well. Just not worth the money, get it on clearance/sale or second hand.

45 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

I think it would

I reverse image searched it https://www.utilitydesign.co.uk/vitra-eames-lounge-chair-amp-ottoman-american-cherry

It would definitely decimate your wallet.

While that is a ton. Here is a lot. 

https://moddaydesigns.com/product/lounge-chair-ottoman-palisander/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI28zjm7aT3gIVBaZpCh3exwhCEAkYASABEgILwvD_BwE

4 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I would suggest looking at used high-quality office chairs such as Aerons.

The problem with something like an Aeron IMO is that it's high-backed. We have Aerons at work, and I like mine for the office, but wouldn't want one for home use. I've been served well by going to Staples and trying high-backed chairs until I find one I like.

I have a gaming chair that replaced a $100 office chair that after years of use fell apart. I got an Arozzi Vernazza. Honestly it was money well spent. It provides better support than a plain old office chair and so far I have had it for a year and it has held up. No wear and tear so far. It has rotatable arm rest and they slide up and down, back and forward. You don't sink in like a couch but I think in long gaming sessions that isn't good. I haven't had back issues compared to my old chair. I also looked into high end office chairs and while they were much more comfortable they were also way more expensive.

arozzi_vernazza_rd_vernazza_gaming_chair

1 hour ago, The def star said:

I have a gaming chair that replaced a $100 office chair that after years of use fell apart. I got an Arozzi Vernazza. Honestly it was money well spent. It provides better support than a plain old office chair and so far I have had it for a year and it has held up. No wear and tear so far. It has rotatable arm rest and they slide up and down, back and forward. You don't sink in like a couch but I think in long gaming sessions that isn't good. I haven't had back issues compared to my old chair. I also looked into high end office chairs and while they were much more comfortable they were also way more expensive.

arozzi_vernazza_rd_vernazza_gaming_chair

No offense but that chair looks like it was pulled from some high school kids 88 honda civic with a coffee can exhaust.

:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

No offense but that chair looks like it was pulled from some high school kids 88 honda civic with a coffee can exhaust.

:D

None taken but you can get solid colors so it can be all black. I like the color red and it makes the chair look fun. I use it to play video games. I don't think I need a sophisticated looking chair to play video games :p Actually it feels appropriate when playing Forza Horizon 4 :cool:

• Haha 1