The Official "I Voted" Thread - GO VOTE

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

10 minutes from start to finish in Alexandria, VA - decent crowd depite the rain that's started.

Not a Republican supporter in sight to get in a fight with though :(

Voted pretty much according to the Democratic voter guide except for the two VA constitutional amendments where I voted "no" on both.

When the second constitutional amendment only has two no votes at least we'll know who it was.

I went at a slightly later time today than I have in the past, but still pretty good turnout. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ort said:

I voted in Missouri and there was barely a line. I went slightly after the morning rush period though.

NJ here, there was one person ahead of me for the booth, they were in there for nearly 10 full minutes (as such, a line formed), I went in after them and was maybe 20-30 seconds, I’m not even being hyperbolic. My fiancé was two people behind me and she walked out about a minute after me (I walked out to the car, sat in it, looked up and she was walking out of the municipal building). I have no clue what that first person was doing. :p 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

NJ here, there was one person ahead of me for the booth, they were in there for nearly 10 full minutes (as such, a line formed), I went in after them and was maybe 20-30 seconds, I’m not even being hyperbolic. My fiancé was two people behind me and she walked out about a minute after me (I walked out to the car, sat in it, looked up and she was walking out of the municipal building). I have no clue what that first person was doing. :p 

Did you not go in together?

And jfc only one booth?

I'm sure no one noticed or cared but I haven't even had time to lurk here the past couple months. But I'm back baby at least for election day.

Proposal one in Michigan: Legalize Weed

Proposal two in Michigan: Get rid of gerrymandering

Proposal three in Michigan: Make it easier to vote

Yes on everything and straight ticket democrat. I feel dirty but Trump forced my hand

(sorry for posting this twice but I don't know which thread will be the fallout shelter)

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Probably went in not knowing anything on the ballot and doing the research in the booth.

There’s only one thing on the ballot that’s not a candidate. It’s (paraphrased) if NJ can borrow $500m to improve school sizes and increase campus security at state colleges.

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did you not go in together?

And jfc only one booth?

We did go to together, and it’s one booth per district (I think there are 3-4 wards each with 3 districts for the township I’m in). Each room in the municipal building is set up with 2-3 districts, mine held two districts, one on each side of the room. The sign-in is set-up with 2-3 booklets per district (pending how many people), mine was A-K and L-Z (by last name), the person had trouble finding my fiancé’s last name (was looking for Folmer instead of Fulmer) so people from the L-Z line got behind me while she was checking in. People get weird if you’re just standing in there waiting around and not in line to check-in or vote, so I went back out to the car after voting.

Just now, CayceG said:

I'm looking for more info from him. 

According to the NC Board of Elections:

Voter registration records are not “purged” simply due to non-voting. Voters are removed from the voter rolls due to a biennial list maintenance process that is mandated by federal and state law. If a county board of elections has not had any contact with a voter for a period of two federal election cycles, then the voter will be sent a forwardable address confirmation mailing. The voter will be required to return the confirmation mailing within 30 days of the mailing. If the confirmation mailing is not returned by the voter within that time, or the mailing is returned by the postal system as undeliverable, then the voter’s record will be marked inactive in the voter registration database. Inactive voters are still registered voters. If an inactive voter presents to vote, the person will be asked to update his or her address with the board of elections. In the event that an inactive voter remains in this status for another two federal election cycles (meaning the county board still has no contact with the voter), then the voter will be removed as a voter in the county.

https://www.ncsbe.gov/voter-information/vr-faq

12 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

According to the NC Board of Elections:

https://www.ncsbe.gov/voter-information/vr-faq

They sent the postcard to his mailing address and it was not returned. But he cast ballots in the last municipal election, and in the 2016 federal election.

He was able to cast a provisional ballot today though, he says. 

4 minutes ago, CayceG said:

They sent the postcard to his mailing address and it was not returned. But he cast ballots in the last municipal election, and in the 2016 federal election.

He was able to cast a provisional ballot today though, he says. 

Better than nothing, I suppose. 

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I was about say that giving shit to people who voted is most likely illegal. 

I kind of don't understand why it's illegal. I could see if you only got something if you voted for a certain party/candidate, but if it doesn't matter who you voted for, then who cares? It encourages people to vote and does not manipulate the way they cast it.

:shrug: 

9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I kind of don't understand why it's illegal. I could see if you only got something if you voted for a certain party/candidate, but if it doesn't matter who you voted for, then who cares? It encourages people to vote and does not manipulate the way they cast it.

:shrug: 

Imagine if a gun store gave you a free box of ammo for coming in with an "I Voted" sticker. It's technically nonpartisan but we all know who the vast majority of people being induced to vote by that promotion are.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Imagine if a gun store gave you a free box of ammo for coming in with an "I Voted" sticker. It's technically nonpartisan but we all know who the vast majority of people being induced to vote by that promotion are.

Then limit it to food. Everyone likes food. Liberals may claim to hate it, but they'll still eat that sweet sweet Chic-Fil-A :p