The Official "I Voted" Thread - GO VOTE

4 minutes ago, mrbiggsly said:

Make election day a national holiday. I'm sure the presidents won't mind if you take away their day.

Be like Australia; throw a huge party on election day 

Take away Columbus Day because nobody should care about that guy. Just make sure the day remains on a Tuesday. Otherwise, you'll end up with all sorts of long weekend shenanigans.

finally voted. Straight Democratic Party ticket. Pennsylvania didn't have any measures or propositions this year (they rarely do), though there was a "question" about Philadelphia asking if we wanted them to borrow $181,000,000 towards streets and schools, the trains and the metro, etc. I said absolutely yes, though I think they're just gauging peoples' reaction to the idea.

Felt good. Time to get shitfaced. A shot every time a close election goes our way, a shot every time a close election or one we should have won we lose.

Proud of all of those who voted or are voting. Appreciate this community, thanks guys. :)

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Imagine if a gun store gave you a free box of ammo for coming in with an "I Voted" sticker. It's technically nonpartisan but we all know who the vast majority of people being induced to vote by that promotion are.

In California they have prop 6, which is repeal the gas tax. Yesterday gas stations in San Diego were giving away a $50 gas card if you pledged to vote yes (to repeal)

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

In California they have prop 6, which is repeal the gas tax. Yesterday gas stations in San Diego were giving away a $50 gas card if you pledged to vote yes (to repeal)

58 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Isn't that ... what's the word ... oh, right "illegal"?:|

In case you hadn't already figured out that gas stations are going to pocket the gas tax instead of lowering their prices... 

Just now, Jason said:

In case you hadn't already figured out that gas stations are going to pocket the gas tax instead of lowering their prices... 

That does not surprise me. What I am talking about is quid pro quo, in this case offering to buy somebody's vote, is illegal. 

I could be arrested and prosecuted if I offered to buy a person lunch if they vote for Beto. 

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Exactly, just one more reason I voted against Prop 6, we would have not seen lower gas prices, and I'm seeing actual work being done on roads that had been neglected for years.

15 hours ago, LionFranco said:

Exactly, just one more reason I voted against Prop 6, we would have not seen lower gas prices, and I'm seeing actual work being done on roads that had been neglected for years.

Yep, when I saw them trimming the bushes in the median of the freeway several months ago I thought “This must be our gas tax money being put to action”