The Official "I Voted" Thread - GO VOTE

I forgot to post here yesterday.

I voted straight Democratic here in Florida down to the smallest elections. I already knew who I was voting for in non-partisan elections, and I read a bunch of different articles on the amendments and also read what the ACLU's positions were. I feel confident in all the amendment votes.

Felt good, guys and sole gal who posts here. Felt gooooood.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Thanks for mentioning me, @SaysWho?!

I think I'm gonna drag the husband out tomorrow to go early vote. He's taking the day off to spend with me and he'll be working on election day. Plus, I've never early voted, I think I should give it  a shot! 

No secret what my ballot will look like.

I had to reread the thread two times to find out when I mentioned you, and then I remembered what I said. :lol:

• Haha 1

I've helped my mom and a few friends here in Florida with the amendments. One of my friends was not into politics at all in 2010, but he took an evening to go over all the amendments and ask for advice. I'm VERY happy to see this kind of involvement!

Hopefully this election night is more fun for me than the last one. :p 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

My mother and father sent in their mail-in ballots in Florida.

My mother (who voted straight Democrat) did her part by filling out my 97 year-old father's mail-in ballot with a straight Democrat ticket and then holding his hand for him to "sign" it.

"Yes hello, Beauregard, I've got something to report..." 

21 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I've helped my mom and a few friends here in Florida with the amendments. One of my friends was not into politics at all in 2010, but he took an evening to go over all the amendments and ask for advice. I'm VERY happy to see this kind of involvement!

Hopefully this election night is more fun for me than the last one. :p 

NO NEEDLE :s:cry:

I didn't mention it before but when I voted, I also voted straight Democrat. However, in Idaho (where I'm registered to vote) there aren't always Democratic candidates for every position, so I did the research and tried to choose the lesser of two evils. :p 

This year my parents, who are lifelong Republicans (though they did not vote for Trump), also voted straight Democrat. It made me very happy to hear that. :flag:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Scott said:

I voted straight Democratic ticket in Montana on Friday.

Jon Tester for Senate

Kathleen Williams for the House (against Greg Gianforte, the guy who body slammed the reporter on the eve of his election)

Montana is one of the most interesting western states to me. Simply as a guy who's fascinated by changes in how states vote, it's one state the occasionally votes for or at least strongly with an outsider Democrat (Bill Clinton in 92, Obama's thin loss in 08), usually votes strongly Republican for president, but has a Democratic state party that is constantly competitive there. It wasn't that long ago there were two Democratic Senators and a Democratic governor, and they're once again at least competitive in the House seat.

1 minute ago, TwinIon said:

Sent in my ballot. Did at least some research on every position and ballot initiative, even if the extent of that research was googling judges to make sure they weren't disbarred like one Richard D. Huffman.

I voted against reinstating one judge because he was appointed by Rick Scott. The rest were all yes votes.

Well, I voted. I think that's the first straight Democrat ballot I've ever submitted. I usually wind up mixing it up a bit at the local level, but not really this year.

Even mild support for Trump is kind of crazy to me. Hearing Charlie Baker talk about Trump being disappointing doesn't really do much for me, even if he very likely he wins reelection.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Well, I voted. I think that's the first straight Democrat ballot I've ever submitted. I usually wind up mixing it up a bit at the local level, but not really this year.

Even mild support for Trump is kind of crazy to me. Hearing Charlie Baker talk about Trump being disappointing doesn't really do much for me, even if he very likely he wins reelection.

I always kinda wondered, in a state as blue as MA, how does a Republican get elected governor? 

But you guys also elected Scott Brown, even if it was only for a couple years. 

17 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I always kinda wondered, in a state as blue as MA, how does a Republican get elected governor? 

But you guys also elected Scott Brown, even if it was only for a couple years. 

Massachusetts likes their Republicans who brand themselves as moderates.

5 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I didn't even think that was possible these days.

It's really not. :p 

I mean, presumably, Vermont/Massachusetts Republicans are "moderate," but considering how far right the national GOP is, the definition of moderate is up for debate.