The Official "I Voted" Thread - GO VOTE

Now that I'm seeing people like @Nokra and @CayceG do their civic duty I think a thread to state so and so voted would be nice and encourage people to vote (and remind people to vote!). Thanks guys for voting - I'll be voting on Tuesday myself.

I expect as many board members as possible to vote and then come here to say they voted to be counted. If you don't post here, I will presume you didn't vote and then shame on you. :p 

From the other thread:

I cast my ballot today - the first day of early voting. 

Karl Dean for Governor

Phil Bredesen for Senator

Jim Cooper for Rep

And there were a few ballot measures too:

I voted in favor of a Community Oversight Board for Metro Nashville's police department. I voted against a change in term limits of City Councilmen from 2-6yr terms to 3. And I voted against requiring councilmen and mayors to take an oath against the Metro Charter. Because fuck oaths. 

• Thanks 1

I'll probably early vote tomorrow. My ballot is gross, no Senators are up and my House Rep Walter Jones is unopposed, State Senate and House are up though. I'm voting for State and Local stuff. Our dick head Sherrif is unopposed, at least I can vote against the County Commissioners, all Republican, for screwing up the Hurricane and ignoring the resulting housing crisis. Big thing is 5 bullshit worded Constitutional Amendments to further strip the Governor of power (mostly to own the libs for putting in a Democrat) and kill environmental laws. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone for posting that they have or will soon be voting! Glad so many are taking advantage of early voting, mail-in ballot, and absentee ballot. It's really important we actually make sure we vote, actually check those boxes, etc. I don't care who you vote for. Keep 'em coming - even lurkers need to come out and post. Or you will be judged. 

14 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

PA doesn't allow for early voting (except through absentee ballot, which I don't really qualify for), which sucks.

I'm in PA as well, you are correct, and it sucks. I will be there on voting day though!

10 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I should get my ballot in the next couple of days.  I plan on wasting my vote for a number of positions. 

I love wasting my vote as well! I do honestly get what you mean, depending on your state/district and how one is voting. 

However, perhaps if enough of us get together and vote the same . . . :p 

I'm voting for the GOP candidate for Oregon governor.  He's not a Trumpkin, so he's got that going for him.  Plus his first name is Knute.

There a school bond on the ballot this year: $235 million to build 3 new grade schools and a new high school.  The bond length is 50 years, so with interest it will end up costing around $500 million for a town of 14,000.  Our county already has one of the highest property tax rates in Oregon, and this will make it even higher for those in within the district boundaries.  As much as I want to see our schools replaced, I'm not sure this bond the way to go about it.  I'm leaning towards voting no on this one. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Got my ballot on Friday.

One thing I thought was interesting: 11/17 races on my ballot were people running unopposed.

Most of the judgeship and even city councilor positions were running unopposed in my town. There was a soil and conservation position for the county that had no one running, so there was only a write-in option.  

On 10/21/2018 at 1:01 PM, osxmatt said:

Got my ballot on Friday.

One thing I thought was interesting: 11/17 races on my ballot were people running unopposed.

On 10/21/2018 at 1:10 PM, mclumber1 said:

Most of the judgeship and even city councilor positions were running unopposed in my town. There was a soil and conservation position for the county that had no one running, so there was only a write-in option.  

It's crazy how uninvolved (myself included) people are locally. A lot of those people determine super local policy and that has an effect. It's in part because none of us has any time, we're all working because we're winning or something I think.

But yeah. Sometimes I think I should run for something but, again, lack of time/energy. 

On 10/22/2018 at 11:46 AM, Greatoneshere said:

It's crazy how uninvolved (myself included) people are locally. A lot of those people determine super local policy and that has an effect. It's in part because none of us has any time, we're all working because we're winning or something I think.

A big part of the problem is that it can feel like it's impossible to get good information about some of those races.

Been on vacation, voting when I get back home. Straight ticket Dem (my first ever straight ticket vote) because no GOP politician running at any level is actually pushing back against the ridiculousness happening in the executive because they are getting the policies passed that they like. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

A big part of the problem is that it can feel like it's impossible to get good information about some of those races.

Seriously; my incumbent state representative didn't even have a campaign website when he was primaried (he ended up losing to a young, DSA-backed female candidate).