Recreational marijuana gets the green light in Canada

I don’t expect much of a change other then seeing a few more people acting like idiots for a few weeks.

At most i’m Enjoying watching to see how much ontario’s new government is making things worse when they kept hyping that their solution was better. Atm you can only buy online in Ontario, the province run stores were scrapped at the last min, licensed independent stores won’t happen till next year and their going to crack down hard on dispensarys starting today (illegal dispensary can face a huge fine that the province gets to keep). Oh also one more thing, Canada post might be shutdown as early as Monday over a strike.

I made a final trip on the weekend into Hamilton, Ontario because they have like 40+ shops. I know a few were closing down yesterday because they hope they can go legit come April. Some were handing out cards and would do a delivery service to hopefully get around it. Like chakoo said, I don’t expect much change overall. People who wanted to use, already had tons of ways to get it before it became legal, and still do. The Ontario online store doesn’t have a great variety in my opinion, but is expected to expand the variety over the coming months. At least I have what I need until my harvest is done hopefully just before Xmas

Xt7sEul.jpg

10 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Do employers in CA do randoms like they do in the US or is it more laid back?

It happens, but it's not nearly as common as in the US. You're more likely to see it in industries where workplace safety is an issue (heavy equipment, etc), and no very likely to see it in office settings. People here don't really care if you smoke pot at night or on the weekends.

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It happens, but it's not nearly as common as in the US. You're more likely to see it in industries where workplace safety is an issue (heavy equipment, etc), and no very likely to see it in office settings. People here don't really care if you smoke pot at night or on the weekends.

Has there been any official guidance on how to handle marijuana in drug tests?

This is great news overall. We are kind of taking it for granted, but it didn't have to happen. My only concern is I don't like how Canada has an 18 year old age limit instead of a 21 year old age limit. Hopefully the other protections in place will make the policy work so cannabis doesn't find its way into the hands of minors.

1 minute ago, Massdriver said:

My only concern is I don't like how Canada has an 18 year old age limit instead of a 21 year old age limit.

I don't see why you'd have expected a 21 age requirement when they don't have that for alcohol. In the provinces where it's 19 for alcohol, it'll also be 19 for marijuana.

Actually apparently it's not an exact mirror of the alcohol age:

Adults will be allowed to buy, use, possess and grow recreational marijuana, under the law. In Quebec and Alberta, the legal age is 18; it's 19 in the remainder of the country. The measure legalizing the recreational use of the drug passed the Senate in June.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/17/health/canada-legalizes-recreational-marijuana/index.html

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I don't see why you'd have expected a 21 age requirement when they don't have that for alcohol. In the provinces where it's 19 for alcohol, it'll also be 19 for marijuana.

I'm just wanting it to be a success. I know the Canadian rules prescribe stiff penalties for distribution to minors. Hopefully that will be enough. 19 is better than 18. The main idea here is to make it more difficult for high school kids to know someone to buy them cannabis. 18 makes it too easy.