Anyone else get Starlink?

stepee

Picked up the digital switch version (much better deal unless you really need the toys, get a lot more ships, characters, weapons, and $15 cheaper)

Its pretty impressive for a switch game, big open worlds, flying in and out of planets with no loading. Still super early in but space combat and “ground” combat both are fun.

It’s a very ubi game with lots of stuff popping up on your map. The starfox element is great, it’s not just like a cameo or one mission, it’s fully integrated for the whole thing so you can just pretend it’s a new Starfox that is open world.

No comment on the toys since I went digital but @Alpha1Cowboy could probably talk about that.

2 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I kind of want to know the quality of the toys. I really want that arwing, but if its just a cheap toy, meh.

Really want to buy switch version just for Fox.

Cant comment on the toys hopefully @Alpha1Cowboy will chime in. But playing it’s with Fox (and the whole team is there on dialogue!) I feel like it’s less of an addition and more that the other versions are stripped of a big part. Highly recommend switch for this one. 

It looks and runs great undocked, but for those who care it’s 640p undocked/900p docked dynamic. As a portable game it’s impressive.

Only reason I got physical is because I have a couple kids who are interested and want to play on their NSw's and at Best buy with the Gamer Deal it came o 59.99.  

For some reason struggling to upload a photo directly...used to Discord lol...I pasted some oictures there

The models arent StarvWars Armada or XWing level. The different spacecraft are all very unique compared to each other.  

You can slide the joycons into the spaceship dock, but use a regular controller at the same time.   I was scared at first that I'd have to have the controller ship thing in my hands at all times.

The NSw version gives you two physical pilots....and just two main weapon augmentations.  

One thing I think I like is how you insert the pilot into the stand and then the ship kind of slides in over them so you can see them in the cockpit....I didn't get to play much, but it felt like the controls were solid.....I'm not expecting a huge complicated game which is fine because kids are their first demographic, but you can ramp up the difficulty.  I was kinda hoping for some multiplayer or split screen, but I don't think it has any of that.

This should give you an idea of detail.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/342033967488172037/501890097910644737/image0.jpg

12 hours ago, stepee said:

Picked up the digital switch version (much better deal unless you really need the toys, get a lot more ships, characters, weapons, and $15 cheaper)

Its pretty impressive for a switch game, big open worlds, flying in and out of planets with no loading. Still super early in but space combat and “ground” combat both are fun.

It’s a very ubi game with lots of stuff popping up on your map. The starfox element is great, it’s not just like a cameo or one mission, it’s fully integrated for the whole thing so you can just pretend it’s a new Starfox that is open world.

No comment on the toys since I went digital but @Alpha1Cowboy could probably talk about that.

Whelp, sounds like I need this! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Only reason I got physical is because I have a couple kids who are interested and want to play on their NSw's and at Best buy with the Gamer Deal it came o 59.99.  

For some reason struggling to upload a photo directly...used to Discord lol...I pasted some oictures there

The models arent StarvWars Armada or XWing level. The different spacecraft are all very unique compared to each other.  

You can slide the joycons into the spaceship dock, but use a regular controller at the same time.   I was scared at first that I'd have to have the controller ship thing in my hands at all times.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/342033967488172037/501890097910644737/image0.jpg

Are the toys pretty good quality?

Two things

1. The game does is indeed have split screen co-op

2. As stated the ships aren't as detailed as X-Wing or Armada, but the Arwing is actually sort of the most meh....one..  I'ts not bad, but it never was a particularly colorful or specifically styled ship....it was a vector grafix model that evolved, but you could only evolve that consept so much.    If you look at the models for the other ships..they stand out a little more visually..I also think they did a pretty good job with the pilot models

61A3lnI5ywL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

616Asgoz1iL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

61vTzM9ezfL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

61EMlqX2mVL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

1 hour ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The game looks like it has some neat ideas but everything I'm seeing is that it's mostly repetitive and shallow. A game made to sell toys and pricer editions more than give players a meaty game experience. 

You don't have to buy the toys at all...in fact the digital version is the one to get if you want everything unlocked from the beginning and it's just $60.    

As far as Gameplay...it really depends on how you play.   I love the dogfights so reptiton is just fine there and there is a lot more content here than any Skylanders or Disney Infiniti game.  

23 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Right on man! I have 7 hours of flight ahead of me before I can though. Sitting at the Las Vegas airport,  sucking down half ass coffee, waiting on my plane...yippeee....

A bad day drinking coffee at a Las Vegas airport is better than a good day drinking coffee at work. 

I’m enjoying this game much more than I thought I would. Very polished and put together. Me and @stepeefigured out that canister part last night and that really is my only complaint so far. There really wasn’t any explanation or hint on what to do and it became a little frustrating. But overall the game is p’fucking fun. The additional ships and all the weapons are cool as hell. The digital deluxe version is the way to go. Love playing as Fox McCloud. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

You don't have to buy the toys at all...in fact the digital version is the one to get if you want everything unlocked from the beginning and it's just $60.    

As far as Gameplay...it really depends on how you play.   I love the dogfights so reptiton is just fine there and there is a lot more content here than any Skylanders or Disney Infiniti game.  

That's good to hear but I'll have too wait for a sale. I do love space games.

Just now, ALIEN-gunner said:

For the Star Fox stuff right? Otherwise the PS4/XB1 graphics make the game look so much better. 

Yeah StarFox content and Fox McCloud make the game. Well for me atleast. It’s still a great game either way but if you are a Nintendo fan you have to go with the Switch version. 

Slapping toys on a controller seem to be something very young children might be into. It also makes the game ridiculously expensive upwards of $300 or so for everything. Better to get the game digitally. It's like $80 for basically everything. Still pricey but nowhere near as stupid. I thought I read somewhere that later the toys will be re-released as just toys at a cheaper price for those that might want one just to display.