Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill Are Officially Out as Batman & Superman

Oh and The Flash Movie has been delayed...

Here's the part pertaining to Affleck and Cavill

Following the box office disappointment of “Justice League,” Warner Bros. has been reevaluating its approach to making movies based on DC Comics characters. The studio is not currently moving forward with Batman and Superman movies featuring Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, respectively. It is expected to recast the Dark Knight with a different actor for director Matt Reeves’ upcoming Batman solo outing. 

So are we now all on the same page that the DCEU over? Aquaman will be the last film produced in anyway under the regime that was trying to be build the DCEU. Everything else moving forward is effectively disconnected.

14 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

They need to stop making movies for a year and make an actual plan, even if that plan is just to give solo movies to different people.

That is the plan and has been for more than a year now.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What about Wonder Woman 2 and Shazam?

Shazam I believe was green lit under the previous regime, but the entire production has been post DCEU unnoficial death.

WW2 is all post DCEU death.

I remember from 2005 - 2008, I was watching disappointing Marvel sequels like X-Men: The Last Stand and Spider-Man 3, while Batman Begins released and then The Dark Knight tore the house down. I thought, "Geez, DC is so far ahead of Marvel right now."

10 years does a lot.

53 minutes ago, Brick said:

Not old enough. Plus doing that would make the film seem like some weird sequel to his films. 

1, he's pushing 70. 2, I'm totally OK with that. The Bruce in Batman Beyond should be old, but still look like he can throw a punch. He shouldn't look like he can barely stand for more than a few minutes.

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

1, he's pushing 70. 2, I'm totally OK with that. The Bruce in Batman Beyond should be old, but still look like he can throw a punch. He shouldn't look like he can barely stand for more than a few minutes.

This I agree with. Hell, I'd even be fine if he just did a short with a young guy being Terry talking about his experience as Batman.

3 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

This I agree with. Hell, I'd even be fine if he just did a short with a young guy being Terry talking about his experience as Batman.

I say go really weird.  Pull in all the past live action batmen and do something like what they are doing with the spiderman multiverse movie.  Just have Batman fight some multidimensional being that brings all the batmen together.  It would be weird but a lot of fun.  Would have been even better if they would have done it when Adam West was alive.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, number305 said:

I say go really weird.  Pull in all the past live action batmen and do something like what they are doing with the spiderman multiverse movie.  Just have Batman fight some multidimensional being that brings all the batmen together.  It would be weird but a lot of fun.  Would have been even better if they would have done it when Adam West was alive.

I think WB/DC should do this anyway... I have whole pitch for a big screen Crisis movie featuring The DC movie characters and TV show characters in a multi-film massive story that would destroy  Infinity War :p Too bad I'll never get to make it.:lol:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Dre801 said:

Unfortunate.

I wanted at least Man of Steel 2(like MoS way more than WW, btw).

I liked Affleck's Batman.

I liked Man of Steel and Cavill as Superman in general. Affleck is good as Batman but Justice League showed me that he no longer had the desire to get in the kind of shape to fit in that suit... either that or his head got fatter :p

But I'd make an argument for Affleck's Batman being the closest on screen interpretation we've had to the comic Batman to date.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think WB/DC should do this anyway... I have whole pitch for a big screen Crisis movie featuring The DC movie characters and TV show characters in a multi-film massive story that would destroy  Infinity War :p Too bad I'll never get to make it.:lol:

I would totally watch your movie.

You could have classic superman too... I mean Brandon Ruth was basically playing the Reeves version of Superman.  

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2018 at 3:04 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

I would like to see Dean Cain return as Superman!

2 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

How so exactly? Outside of a few great visuals and a fight scene?

Keaton never really nailed the physicality of Batman... he was too short, couldn't turn his neck and his fight scenes were shit. Plus his Batman was a hybrid the Adam West campy Batman of the 60's and the modern age Batman post Dark Knight Returns and Year One. 

Bale's Batman was closer to the modern interpretation of Batman, but lacked the scientific and Detective skills of comic Batman. Did Bale's Batman really seem like a guy who planned ahead? 

Affleck's older, more world weary Batman was the closest to how Batman is portrayed in the comics currently. A paranoid loner who hopes for the best but plans for the worse, is scientifically gifted and a brilliant detective. Plus he moved and fought like... Batman.  That's what I'm talking about. NONE of the Batman on screen have been perfect. But Affleck's comes the closest to how he's portrayed in the current comics in my opinion despite the quality of the movies he's been in.

EDIT:  Amy Addams is done as Lois Lane and let's slip that "They are revamping the DCEU"