The Predator (Trailer #2)

2 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

To be fair, that is more or less exactly what the first trailer pretty directly implies, and I am loathe to agree with AG on.. anything?

I saw the movie last Monday, the first trailer plays things way out of sequence and certainly does imply that which doesn’t occur in the film. Though, the cut they screened still wasn’t complete despite the movie being sent out to theaters 13 days later so I suppose a few things could still change again :lol:

I spoiled the ending for myself because as a Predator 1&2 fan, everything leading up to this movie has been painful. I read that most of the movie is a good time with lots of blood and gore but the ending completely ruins it. And it's not even the original ending, which probably wouldn't have been much better. Oh well. I catch it on video or something. 

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The Adrian Brody one wasn't as fun as this,  but it was a better movie. This one went through such an edit grinder that it's legit hard to follow especially in the third act.

Damn, this is consistently being said about the 3rd act. I'm still going to see it cause it's Predator but I better start lowering my expectations. 

I enjoyed Predators.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Sounds like Black had similar plans to deconstruct this like he did with Iron Man 3, and then the studio didn't like it and hacked it to shit in the edit. Well then why would you hire him in the first place!? 

I read the original script... not much changed to be honest story-wise. The third act is just a mess in from a directorial and editing standpoint.

There is a bizarre plot point involving the ingesting of an item at the beginning of the film and the defecation of the item toward the end of the film with a time between that has to be at least 3 or 4 days and maybe a week+ based on other events that occur.

Or maybe he pooped it out and swallowed it repeatedly?

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I read the original script... not much changed to be honest story-wise. The third act is just a mess in from a directorial and editing standpoint.

I'd consider a couple of good-guy Predators riding around in an APC with the "Loonies" dressed in human body armor complete with tan camo pants a lot different story wise than what we got. The movie was going to be a mess to begin with. Turns out it just ended up messier. 

7 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

I'd consider a couple of good-guy Predators riding around in an APC with the "Loonies" dressed in human body armor complete with tan camo pants a lot different story wise than what we got. The movie was going to be a mess to begin with. Turns out it just ended up messier. 

Not sure what you're referencing here... that wasn't in the script I read.

17 hours ago, sblfilms said:

There is a bizarre plot point involving the ingesting of an item at the beginning of the film and the defecation of the item toward the end of the film with a time between that has to be at least 3 or 4 days and maybe a week+ based on other events that occur.

Or maybe he pooped it out and swallowed it repeatedly?

Maybe the stress of the situation had him blocked up... I once went two weeks without taking a shit. True story... it was fucking AGONY.

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Not sure what you're referencing here... that wasn't in the script I read.

There were many re-writes to the script but what I'm talking about was actually filmed and got cut. There are a couple production photos of Predators in military uniforms showing them working along side humans. Fans first thought they were just stunt guys joking around with the cast but no, they were part of the story. If humans working with the military wasn't funny enough I just got a kick out of them actually wearing camo pants.  

first-look-at-predators-the-set-shane-bl

26 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

There were many re-writes to the script but what I'm talking about was actually filmed and got cut. There are a couple production photos of Predators in military uniforms showing them working along side humans. Fans first thought they were just stunt guys joking around with the cast but no, they were part of the story. If humans working with the military wasn't funny enough I just got a kick out of them actually wearing camo pants.  

Holy shit! I never saw that :lol: That never made it on the film thank god.

2 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

That has to be the stupidest thing I've seen

I just got back from the show seeing it. 

I liked it but I don't know if that's because I really liked it or because I came in with such fear that I set my expectations low that I came out happily surprised. I wasn't disappointed but I didn't leave the theater blown away but it was fun movie for me. 

Now I do think that I was so hyper prepared for the 3rd act that I expected so much worse that I was okay with most of it. Don't get me wrong, there were a few moments in the 3rd act where I was scratching my head or telling myself to suspend my disbelief but I had fun. I was really scared going in about the humor but it worked for me and luckily I was in the theater by myself so I took advantage of that to laugh my ass off at some scenes. 

Sterling K Brown had me cracking up. There was one scene where I lost it, LMAO!!!!

Spoiler

When he looked at the killed predator and said, "That n***a got fucked up". LOL!!!!!!! He just sounded like some of my buddies growing up. 

I could have done without 

Spoiler

- the predator hound becoming Olivia's pet

- The guy hanging from the ship by one leg hitting trees

- The Predator killer suit at the end. That was too much movie cheese for a Predator movie. 

Now looking at the above pictures posted and knowing how the movie played out especially with what we know about the script changes, I could see how that could have been part of the film but I too am glad that dd not make it in. 

I will say this. I will go see Predator movie if one is in the theater. This movie was fun and I can still see value in the series. It did not leave me wanting the series to be buried like The Terminator series.