The Predator (Trailer #2)

Oh for fuck's sake, a Gordo super predator? I was starting to get all in until that happened (and I remembered the kid protagonist which they are trying really hard to hide). Been a huge Shane Black fan since forever, but this is in "wait for streaming" territory.

11 hours ago, Brick said:

Didn't Predators already have super Predators? What's different with this one? 

Don't think it was a super Predator.  If your thinking of the AVP2 Alien Predator hybrid, I believe that is something else.

• 1 month later...

This movie is so opressively dumb that I’m having to reconsider everything I thought previously about Shane Black. The audience was literally groaning in unison throughout the first 40 minutes, then was laughing in unison at how it just kept getting worse.

It has been an hour and I still can’t believe what I just sat through.

10 hours ago, sblfilms said:

This movie is so opressively dumb that I’m having to reconsider everything I thought previously about Shane Black. The audience was literally groaning in unison throughout the first 40 minutes, then was laughing in unison at how it just kept getting worse.

DAYUM.

I thought the second trailer looked really cool too. That is a shame to hear. Shane Black has never made anything outright bad so this is surprising. That bad?

14 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I think I heard that there was some massive production issues, rewrites, studio interference, etc. and Black probably isn't happy with the end result either. 

Even if it is all Black's fault, I wouldn't rethink my opinion of the man based on one bad movie. Maybe he just wasn't suited for the material after all. 

22 hours ago, HGLatinBoy said:

I don’t know much about Shane Black but Iron Man 3 is the the only MCU movie I don’t own if that’s any indication of how I feel about him and The Predator.

Regardless of The Predator's quality (which Shane Black is still credited as both writer and director), Shane Black solely wrote: Lethal Weapon 1, The Last Boy Scout, and The Long Kiss Goodnight as well as writing and directing Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Nice Guys, and, yes, Iron Man 3. If you haven't seen any of the aforementioned movies except Iron Man 3, please go rectify that immediately. All of those movies are excellent (to different degrees).

That's a hell of a resume. But, if the movie is bad, it's bad. 

13 hours ago, Brick said:

Iron Man 3 is also the best of the Iron Man movies, so there's also that. 

It could be technically but it wasn't an enjoyable movie you can pretty much cut the whole thing out of the MCU and it would still make sense. But lets be real teasing the Mandarin and giving us that "haha gotcha" moment and Tony being on his own for whatever the reason for so long made the whole thing completely forgetable. 

What I don't get is why do these companies keep doing the "lets trick our audience into thinking something only to surprise them" crap only to fall flat on their faces with it. Now I'm not saying it can't be done or that it shouldn't but what these companies need to understand is that if your Plot-twist/defy audience expectations suck dirty donkey dick then NO ONE IS GOING TO FUCKING LIKE YOUR STUPID TWIST!

That goes for Star Wars the Last Jedi, Metal Gear Solid 2 AND Iron Man 3. Honestly the only movie I have seen to have successfully played this off was Terminator 2 and it was  a fucking  BADASS Twist unlike the other shit I just mentioned. 

Maybe you guys really liked Iron Man 3, I'm sorry I can't I love the dynamic between Iron Man and the Mandarin and I think forcing Tony to face something outside of science and understanding with mysticism would been a great thing to explore. 

It would've been just as shitty a thing to do if at end when Batman finally gets to confront the Joker in the Dark Knight we find out that he was just a pawn, a paid actor or forced to do it all by Harvey Two Face. 

I liked the Trevor is being paid to play The Mandarin twist, and thought it was hilarious, but I have always said I would still love it if Marvel brought in the real Mandarin with his ten magic rings. 

They would need to rework him a bit to be less of a racist caricature though. 

That trailer is so much better than the other ones that it's hard to believe it's the same movie, though it does leave me a bit conflicted. What movie are we getting? The fun, crazy, action romp, or the violent, thriller, horror movie? I suppose the answer will be somewhere in between, but that makes it really hard to guess how this movie is going to turn out.

Whatever it is, it's good to be able to see movies on a subscription.

3 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

There is a kid in this. The reason that Predator ship crashed is because the kid was playing around with other Predator tech his daddy sent him and accidentally caused it to crash by remote control. 

Nope.