Resident Evil 2 Remake | Official Thread of 20 Years of Jump Scares (mark spoilers, please!)

Commissar SFLUFAN

There won't be one thing left in this game to discover for ourselves by the time January rolls around.

I only watched a few seconds, but Claire's movement seemed really light and janky. The original footage with Leon made it look like the movement was much slower and heavier. Not quite tank controls but just much more.. deliberate. Like how the guy moved relatively slow in RE7.

12 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

There won't be one thing left in this game to discover for ourselves by the time January rolls around.

I only watched a few seconds, but Claire's movement seemed really light and janky. The original footage with Leon made it look like the movement was much slower and heavier. Not quite tank controls but just much more.. deliberate. Like how the guy moved relatively slow in RE7.

The bolded. I'm staying strong but for those who don't I'm wondering how many more things they're going to be able to spoil prior to release. 

• 1 month later...

New hands-on impressions

Resident Evil 2's remake reveals its biggest star (Eurogamer)

Resident Evil's best character? Maybe you believe it's Leon Kennedy, the floppy-haired fop, or perhaps you think it could be enigmatic badass Ada Wong. Well, I'm afraid you're entirely wrong. The best character from throughout Resident Evil's history is, without a single doubt, the Raccoon City Police Station.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Preview: A Night With the Stronger, More Annoying Mr. X (USGamer)

Having played Resident Evil 2 Remake twice now, I firmly believe this is a game to savor. It feels deliberately slower than other recent Resident Evil games and it's still one of the most beautiful-looking games I've played in recent memory. It feels disingenuous to keep calling this the Resident Evil 2 Remake as I'm certain that after its launch, this will be the definitive version, much like the GameCube remake was to the original Resident Evil.

The Resident Evil 2 Remake offers the high-end '90s nostalgia you deserve (PC Gamer)

I finished the Resident Evil 2 Remake demo certain I want to play the full game. '90s nostalgia is on an upswing right now: the old C&C games are getting a refresh, Black Mesa's Xen levels are so elaborate they're taking years to make, and System Shock's been through a rough patch figuring out what should and shouldn't be part of a remake. 

Capcom, though, seems to have figured it out: keep the strange bits and iconic enemies that people love, bring characters and places back to life in serious detail, but change enough that they can still be surprised. I just hope I don't have to spend too much of the game running away from the Tyrant.

Resident Evil 2’s horrible humans are more disgusting than its monsters (PCGamesN)

The Resident Evil 2 remake brings its most horrific characters to life by learning lessons from the success of Resident Evil 7

Revitalizing A Classic (Game Informer)

The game controls immaculately, but this doesn’t mean you will be shooting zombies down like this is Resident Evil 4. Ammo is still extremely limited and trying to kill every zombie will result in a smoking but empty clip sooner rather than later. One sequence with Ada puts her in a room with four or so zombies while she solves a puzzle. Trying to kill them all is theoretically doable but unlikely. Gathering them all in one spot and using a flash grenade to run past them to the goal is probably a much better use of your resources.

Resident Evil 2 Remake's Smart Changes Make It Terrifying All Over Again (Gamespot)

However, undoubtedly the most unnerving part of Resident Evil 2 Remake was the presence of the Tyrant, a seemingly unstoppable force of nature. This towering menace was always bearing down on us, following us throughout the police department in an attempt to corner and crush Claire Redfield. Even when we tried to put some space between us and the Tyrant, the distant stomp of his footsteps served as an ever present reminder that we were never really safe. In all honesty, it was quite overwhelming, and that's exactly what fans of Resident Evil and survival horror as a genre want from this remake.

Resident Evil 2 Remake preview – imposing, unforgiving, and an incredible start to 2019 (VG 24/7)

With four playable characters in Leon, Claire, Ada, and Sherry – the latter in an entirely new area called The Orphanage – there’s plenty of anxiety to go around as well, each character coming complete with their own challenges and quirks. Resident Evil 2 Remake has the potential to be the best remake we’ve ever seen in video games, and it looks to kick off 2019 in an explosion of severed limbs and mushed heads. I can’t wait to feel trapped again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2019/01/08/the-resident-evil-2-1-shot-demo-is-out-january-11

Who are ‘ya? What are you doing here? If you’re looking for info on the Resident Evil 2 “1-Shot” Demo, look no further! With the demo out in just a few days on January 11th, we’ve got fresh new details on what to expect from this unique slice from the full game.

Sorry ‘bout all that, thought you were one of them. You can never be too sure with what’s left of the once bustling Raccoon City. With the living dead shuffling about and even the supposedly safe Raccoon City Police Department, or R.P.D., being overrun by terrifying monsters, nowhere feels safe anymore. As rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy, you’ll be setting foot into a reimagined R.P.D. station not only to seek shelter and figure out why none of your co-workers are calling you back, but also to find a way out of the nightmare that’s unfolding in front of you.

Leon’s welcoming party may have been cancelled, but your escape from the police station has just begun. Similar to the demo that we’ve had at various events since the game was first unveiled at E3 in 2018, you’ll be able to explore the R.P.D. as you like… but you’ll be on a time limit. Once those thirty minutes are up, so is your demo! Fortunately, you can continue if you die, or if you complete the mission objective. However, just like in real life, you can’t turn back the clock and you won’t be getting back the time you lost, so use what time you have wisely.

Play quickly and carefully if you want to see the end of the demo, and be sure to pick up any useful items you see laying around while conserving your ammo. It may be tempting to try and defeat every zombie that stands, or crawls, in your way, but sometimes it’s better to use a few bullets to make an escape route than empty a clip on a monster that refuses to stay dead.

No matter how your demo ends, you’ll get to see a brand-new trailer exclusive to the demo when it’s done, giving you another taste of what to expect from Resident Evil 2 in just a few weeks. Pre-order now, and you’ll be all ready to play as soon as the game is available! You’ll also score some bonus “Samurai Edge” handgun models to use in the full game when you pre-order (please check with your retailer about this offer).

If you’re ready to survive in style, you can also grab the Deluxe Edition, which includes a DLC Pack with bonus costumes for Leon and Claire, an additional “Samurai Edge – Albert Model” handgun, and a retro soundtrack swap that switches the music out for tracks from the original game.

No matter how you choose to play, get ready for the demo coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Steam on January 11th, then prepare to once again enter the survival horror when Resident Evil 2 comes to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam starting January 25th!

I obviously didnt read or watch any of that footage or gameplay blogs but I can not believe how much stuff there is out there to avoid! Re2 is my second favorite video game of all time. I loved it so much. I'm eagerly awaiting the Jan 24th release of remake and I will not have a single thing spoiled for me footage wise. It has not been easy. Other that the very original we footage back like 3 years ago? I've not read or watched a single click bait.

After all that has happened to us in the last 2 months. I so very much look forward to currling up in front of my TV and just losing myself for a awhile. In all honesty. An hour of gaming is an eternity these days but its what I'm hoping for anyways....

Following a storyline inspired by the iconic game, the Resident Evil™ 2: Safe House, opens for two days from the 25th to the 26th January 2019. Guests will be encouraged to take shelter in the last safe area of Raccoon City and get their hands on the real-blood antidote to save them from the devastating T-virus sweeping the city, alongside settling their nerves with other classic Midwest American cocktails, beers, wines and rations.