What is the alternative to political correctness?

4 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

This here is the problem with the left.  This is exactly why there is such a huge pendulum swing.  

fuck off

These rich white guys will complain about being censored by PC culture but at the time they never say a peep about people who actually have had their free speech violated. 

1 minute ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

fuck off

These rich white guys will complain about being censored by PC culture but at the time they never say a peep about people who actually have had their free speech violated. 

Lmao!!  

You continue to prove my point. You and people like you ARE the problem. 

1 minute ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

hmm I wonder what's going on here

I don't know why but the 'intellectual dark web' people like playing footsie with the alt-right

I one hundred percent agree with that statement.  If you don’t, you are lying to yourself.  

Again you you continue to prove my point.  Now he’s alt-right for holding an opinion that pretty much everyone should hold.  

17 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Now he’s alt-right for holding an opinion that pretty much everyone should hold.  

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

They're both calls to prayer and can be beautiful/annoying depending on your propensity.  Personally, I vastly prefer the muzzein's call to prayer that happens only 5 times a day (praise Allah for that!) as opposed to bells that go off EVERY. SINGLE. GODDAMNED. HOUR.

4 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

it's a little odd that the logic reason and facts crowd pretends white people don't have an advantage in the US.  but of course they're very smart and not racist and don't hate muslims 

Does this answer the question of the OP?

EXACTLY THIS

8 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

They're both calls to prayer and can be beautiful/annoying depending on your propensity.  Personally, I vastly prefer the muzzein's call to prayer that happens only 5 times a day as opposed to bells that go off EVERY. SINGLE. GODDAMNED. HOUR.

Racist 

13 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

I one hundred percent agree with that statement.  If you don’t, you are lying to yourself.  

Ya! And those Chinese people with their “ching chong” and black people with their “dindu nuffin”! 

I dunno why you even continued on the conversation after this @RedSoxFan9? Blatant xenophobia is an opinion “pretty much everyone should hold.” 

K.

2 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

Ya! And those Chinese people with their “ching chong” and black people with their “dindu nuffin”! 

I dunno why you even continued on the conversation after this @RedSoxFan9? Blatant xenophobia is an opinion “pretty much everyone should hold.” 

K.

And I give you another example. 

You literally defined used me as nothing I said or believe.  And the saddest part is I consider myself on the left.  

4 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

We can all see that politicians like Trump have been elected partially as a reaction against political correctness. 

If that truly is the case, then my only response is: so what?

I can 100% guarantee that each and every one of those people would've voted for the GOP candidate, no matter who it would've been.  The absolute number of individuals who are so very incensed by the "PC movement" that it motivated them to vote for The Imbecile is so insignificantly minuscule in the greater scheme of things that this is a "problem" not even worth an iota of contemplation.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

If that truly is the case, then my only response is: so what?

I can 100% guarantee that each and every one of those people would've voted for the GOP candidate, no matter who it would've been.  The absolute number of individuals who are so very incensed by the "PC movement" that it motivated them to vote for The Imbecile is so insignificantly minuscule in the greater scheme of things that this is a "problem" not even worth contemplation.

Absolutely, but there are many who didn’t vote for HC because of it.  

(I voted HC btw)

I am a straight, white, cis gender, male. So I know I inherently have more privilege than some, and have to be more careful not to offend.

I do feel that in general people need to be thicker skinned and not let so much stuff bother them. That being said I try to be conscious of what I say so as not to offend knowing people have different sensibilities.  This is not always easy.

I think the "PC debate" is more important than some on this board might realize, simply because it's a kernel around which it is easy to rally political enthusiasm.

Much like abortion, it's easy for people to have an opinion on it. You don't have to understand deep policy to know how you feel about abortion, or pot, or the PC campus culture.

It's a rallying point for people who don't have time to learn about politics.

People who may have been otherwise open to voting for a non-Trump candidate likely had their pro-Trump preconceptions and gut feelings cemented in place by constant media barrages of Black Lives Matter protests, Ben Shapiro youtube clips, etc.

Wherever you already were on the political spectrum, PC culture likely locks you into that place and only deepens our cultural divide.

It's real easy to not offend people... don't be an asshole. The reason why there is even an "anti-pc movement" is that assholes don't like to be called out on their bullshit. And since it's become socially unacceptable to pop someone in the mouth when they say offensive shit, a lot of the traditional barriers to assholery no longer exist. So you have folks who go their whole lives not facing the consequences for being dicks until they step outside of their little bubbles. We are facing a backlash now because these folks have never learned that words have consequences and that at the end of the day, you have to be responsible for what you say.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's real easy to not offend people... don't be an asshole. The reason why there is even an "anti-pc movement" is that assholes don't like to be called out on their bullshit. And since it's become socially unacceptable to pop someone in the mouth when they say offensive shit, a lot of the traditional barriers to assholery no longer exist. So you have folks who go their whole lives not facing the consequences for being dicks until they step outside of their little bubbles. We are facing a backlash now because these folks have never learned that words have consequences and that at the end of the day, you have to be responsible for what you say.

I should be the arbiter of what is considered offensive speech and what the consequences should be.  

14 minutes ago, Scott said:

People who may have been otherwise open to voting for a non-Trump candidate likely had their pro-Trump preconceptions and gut feelings cemented in place by constant media barrages of Black Lives Matter protests, Ben Shapiro youtube clips, etc.

I simply do not believe those people exist in any discernible number to be of any relevance.  They were going to vote for the candidate with the (R) whether it was The Imbecile, Little Marco, or Lyin' Ted.  They were never going to vote for WhatsHerName to begin with.

2 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

I should be the arbiter of what is considered offensive speech and what the consequences should be.  

Everyone is the arbiter of what is offensive to them personally.  If you offend someone personally, don't be surprised or shocked if they call you on it. HOW they call you on it is up to them but folks in the "anti-pc" crowd don't even like being TOLD they've done or said something offensive.

I do find the extreme, intense, unbelievable triggering some people feel towards things being "too PC" delightfully ironic. If someone is offended, these people are 100x more offended that anyone took offense.

It's pretty sad and shows just how stupid and pointlessly aggressive a good portion of our population is.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

I do find the extreme, intense, unbelievable triggering some people feel towards things being "too PC" as delightfully ironic. If someone is offended, these people are 100x more offended that anyone took offense.

It's pretty sad and shows just how stupid and pointlessly aggressive a good portion of our population is.

HOW DARE YOU