Dragon Ball Super: Broly movie trailer

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

2800 showings, 4 for each of the 700+ locations it played at. Do the math...they aren’t very well attended.

Eh not filling seats as much as a regular movie doesn’t mean it isn’t meeting expectations or making money. Them being a middle man doesn’t mean they aren’t tacking on money either. We have no idea what they are even paying to get access to screen these in theaters or what theaters are charging for them to use a couple small screen theaters. I mean the information might be out there but I have no desire to research it. 

I’m going to chalk it up to I’m taking the comment at face value and you aren’t. I will also admit my knowledge of how the film industry works is limited so I could be very wrong too 😛

5 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Eh not filling seats as much as a regular movie doesn’t mean it isn’t meeting expectations or making money. Them being a middle man doesn’t mean they aren’t tacking on money either. We have no idea what they are even paying to get access to screen these in theaters or what theaters are charging for them to use a couple small screen theaters. I mean the information might be out there but I have no desire to research it. 

I’m going to chalk it up to I’m taking the comment at face value and you aren’t. I will also admit my knowledge of how the film industry works is limited so I could be very wrong too 😛

I know what they charge :p I own a couple of movie theaters, and have quarterly pricing sheets from Fathom sitting in my email. 

Saw it with my two boys last night and enjoyed it immensely. Can't wait to see it in Japanese though. I like how it ended and opened up the possibility for more Super. At the very least more Super movies.

There were a few laugh out loud moments that I loved. 

Spoiler

Frieza and Bulma having the same rationals behind their wishes. Goku and Vegeta leaving Frieza alone with Broly to get the crap kicked out of him. Goku not knowing what a word meant.