Gotham season 5 NYCC trailer 2019 Final season!

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I can't say I've ever really taken your opinions seriously. 

I like the Batman mythos, the show looks interesting, and I've heard good things about it. I'm gonna start watching it at some point and form my own opinion.

K. Well fill us in on your thoughts when you do.

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

K. Well fill us in on your thoughts when you do.

If I can remember to. :p Honestly, it's not a high priority, because I have so much on my watchlists. Finally started Castle Rock today, starting the new season of Man in the High Castle tonight,  gotta catch up on the Netflix Marvel shows, including S3 of Daredevil coming next week, wanna watch Handmaid's Tale, etc. 

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Ya, you made it pretty clear you didn't like it. But the reviews are pretty good and I love Batman.

Plus, you lost your mind over the James Gunn firing, and hat kinda makes me take your opinions with a grain of salt. :P 

Oh trust me I LOVE Batman. Anyone that knows me personally can tell you that lol. Maybe that's why I detest it so much because it changes the mythos so much, like Skillz said, but it just rubs me the wrong way. I mean how can you have all these villains, especially The Joker, popping up without Batman. I would have done the show as a show that focuses on the GCPD and Gordon as they try to deal with all the craziness, and the changing tactics the police have to use to keep up with the supervillains and Batman. Have Batman occasionally make a cameo appearance by speaking only to Gordon in the shadows, and mentioned when the police find a villain that he's left behind for them.

I'm not sure how to take that last comment :(

The key thing that I have grown to like about Gotham is that with THIS version of Gotham? You can see why Batman would be seen as a viable response and why this Jim Gordon would accept the help. In this Gotham, Batman rises in response to the villains, not the other way around and it kinda works for me. The Whole Joker thing is misstep in my opinion because characters like him, Two Face and Bane should be the response to Batman. Anywho, look for more mucking about with the Batman Mythos when Pennyworth comes out. It's done by the same team and focuses on Alfred's early years...

I really wish they'd give us a young Bruce Wayne show that shows him traveling the world on his quest to become Batman and stop fucking about with the supporting characters though.

On 10/11/2018 at 8:10 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Gotham is a fun show if you just take it for what it is and forget it's a Batman show... or just understand that whatever Batman THIS Bruce Wayne becomes is not the one you're used to :p It doesn't take itself too seriously and it does some interesting things with the mythos.

On 10/11/2018 at 8:36 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I can't say I've ever really taken your opinions seriously. 

I like the Batman mythos, the show looks interesting, and I've heard good things about it. I'm gonna start watching it at some point and form my own opinion.

Pretty much what Skillz said.  I enjoy it a lot.  Go into it with the expectation that this is an "alternate universe" kinda telling of Gotham/Batman's history and you'll have a good time.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This was ultimately a fun, crazy show and while I don't believe for one second folks wouldn't figure out who Batman is after thinking about it for two seconds, I really wouldn't mind seeing a special or two set in THIS universe. Maybe it will pop up on Arrow as part of the mulitiverse :thinking:

probably not though:p

I really thought they were going to Bane Alfred there and break his back.  I mean, he pretty much wrapped him around a pole.  But oh well.  Farewell Gotham, you were fun, even when you were silly.

Props for the actress choice for Selena in the last episode, she looked pretty close.  And a lot less...chubbier.