The Mandalorian OT - This is the Way

If it's a clone then why do the cloners want it? Would make more sense for them to want it in order to clone it instead of the inverse. Which would also make sense since they said bringing it back dead would be acceptable but not preferred.

The cloners were also able to have clones grow and mature at an accelerated pace. So a 50 year old child doesn't make sense in that context either.

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

If it's a clone then why do the cloners want it? Would make more sense for them to want it in order to clone it instead of the inverse. Which would also make sense since they said bringing it back dead would be acceptable but not preferred.

The cloners were also able to have clones grow and mature at an accelerated pace. So a 50 year old child doesn't make sense in that context either.

you make a good point

5 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Clones were ordered in 32 BBY. The Mandalorian takes place 9 ABY. Not impossible for that math to be “close enough” or for Sidious to have known about the Kaminoans and wanted a Yoda clone for himself. Who knows!

7 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I’m not fully up on my lore, but have we ever seen a clone be as Force sensitive as baby Yoda? That could be why this clone (if that’s what it is) is significant. Or they just want to snuggle with the cutest thing in the galaxy.

Not in cannon. 

In Legends there was at least the Starkiller clone featured in Force Unleased II. Very powerful with the force. 

4 minutes ago, elbobo said:

I cannot believe there is not a baby yoda plush that I can buy my girlfriend for Christmas, this is the most un-Disney thing imaginable. I would have figured there would be container loads of these things ready to go. 

I will be watching every episode without my girlfriend first solely so I don't have to hear, 'Awwwww' every ten goddamn seconds.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

I cannot believe there is not a baby yoda plush that I can buy my girlfriend for Christmas, this is the most un-Disney thing imaginable. I would have figured there would be container loads of these things ready to go. 

Disney, for as much merchandising as it does, often screws the pooch. Back when Frozen came out you couldn't find an Olaf doll for like 4+ months. They way underestimated interest/demand. You couldn't find them in their store, at the park..nowhere. You'd think they'd have learned their lesson especially when they saw how crazy people went for baby Groot. Adorable sells. However, while it's not baby Yoda, Hallmark sells their itty bitty collection-tiny little plushes and yes they are actually called itty bitty :p ) and I know they have a Yoda. It's not baby Yoda but it's still cute. 

I signed up for the trial. There might not be lightsabers, but this is Star Wars. This is exactly what I love about the universe. This give me the same vibes SWTOR game when not playing a Jedi/Sith class. This is what I have wanted. At least, so far. It could change for the worse I suppose, but I have high hopes. 

On 11/18/2019 at 2:08 AM, TheLeon said:

I’m not fully up on my lore, but have we ever seen a clone be as Force sensitive as baby Yoda? That could be why this clone (if that’s what it is) is significant. Or they just want to snuggle with the cutest thing in the galaxy.

Yoda stated in the first episode of Clone Wars (maybe the second, the one where he fight's Ventress' droids) that the force is in all living things, including clones. He was specifically speaking to clones about the force being in them. 

I still don't believe the child is a clone. It is absolutely a Tridactyl that they want to clone. They wouldn't guard a clone so close, they would have many. And they would have accelerated his growth, like they do with all clones. IMO. 

On 11/17/2019 at 4:21 PM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

People can wear a company’s merch and not work for them. That means nothing. 

It really does mean something. People in star wars don't wear patches/uniforms they aren't associated with (except while infiltrating, such as in New Hope). They don't put those things there for no reason. 

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I’m pretty sure they didn’t want to spoil the Baby Yoda thing with merchandising leaks. They didn’t even screen the first episode for critics to avoid that leaking.

I think Disney should invest in a secret factory on the moon to minimize spoilers .  And of course convert it into a Death Star in 100 year

13 hours ago, elbobo said:

13 hours ago, Chris- said:

I will be watching every episode without my girlfriend first solely so I don't have to hear, 'Awwwww' every ten goddamn seconds.

I am having the same problem. My wife literally just won't stop. I get it, it's cute. It is! But Jesus Christ. I told her I'm pretty convinced the show has baby Yoda to entice a female audience that probably doesn't care about this show as much as older male Star Wars fans do otherwise. Women all over have already meme'd this damn baby Yoda thing to death. Yet every episode, my wife can't get over it. I think Pixar has had cuter things so I don't get it.

13 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I think it helps that Baby Yoda is a real puppet. CGI is really good now, but we can still subconsciously (if not consciously) tell it is not real most of the time. 

It's gotta be a puppet with CGI because I thought it was all really good CGI for sure.

11 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Yoda stated in the first episode of Clone Wars (maybe the second, the one where he fight's Ventress' droids) that the force is in all living things, including clones. He was specifically speaking to clones about the force being in them. 

I still don't believe the child is a clone. It is absolutely a Tridactyl that they want to clone. They wouldn't guard a clone so close, they would have many. And they would have accelerated his growth, like they do with all clones. IMO. 

:nerd: And even if it was a clone of Yoda, Midichlorians are a "separate" organism so Yoda's Midichlorians wouldn't necessarily be cloned in the process.  Unless, of course, the cloners can do that too, which would mean they can create Midichlorians on demand.  Talk about upsetting the balance of the Force if that were true... :nerd:

2 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

It's gotta be a puppet with CGI because I thought it was all really good CGI for sure.

:nerd: And even if it was a clone of Yoda, Midichlorians are a "separate" organism so Yoda's Midichlorians wouldn't necessarily be cloned in the process.  Unless, of course, the cloners can do that too, which would mean they can create Midichlorians on demand.  Talk about upsetting the balance of the Force if that were true... :nerd:

From what I understand it is entirely physical with the exception of some animation they do for the irises. Two people operate the puppet remotely: one for eyes and mouth, the other for ears and body.