The Mandalorian OT - This is the Way

i think it would actually be good for them to spend some time away from Grogu (for the plot). not even saying it has to be a whole season either. let him be off with Luke for a little bit and then Din has to go get him for whatever reason towards the end of the season. 

• 2 months later...
16201451891615383849_cara.jpg
EPICSTREAM.COM

Gina Carano's ousting from Disney and Lucasfilm is still a hot subject within the Star Wars fandom months after the incident took place and while people are hopeful that Carano and her former employer will somehow be able to patch things up, it's looking quite doubtful that they will be able to make amends anytime soon especially with the way the firing was...

Wait a minute. 

However, a new rumor from YouTube user Overlord DVD claims that Gina is currently in talks with Disney to make her return to the Star Wars franchise ahead of the production start for The Mandalorian Season 3 which was originally slated to begin filming in April.

This is bullshit. 

I still think it’s a bad idea to fire people for tweeting dumb ideas. We elevate the importance of social media when we do. And it’s important to distinguish between abusive and inflammatory content and plain old dumb takes like the genesis of Holocaust being equal to treating your neighbor poorly because of political differences.

Can’t imagine Carano getting back in the good graces of Disney though because she clearly values spreading her opinions more than the job. Disney wants uncontroversial stars associated with their brand. It’s always about the brand

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Mandalorian OT - This is the Way; update: Season 3 Official Tariler (01 March 2023)
23 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Finally going to Mandalore is going to be surreal. Props to Pedro for killing it, we as an audience are spoiled with his skills between this & TLoU over the course of the next 4 or so months!!

Well, this season in particular it's not Pedro under the helmet a lot of the time because he was filming TLOU. There was controversy over this about season 2 as well, how much was Pedro Pascal under the helmet and how much was it the stunt person(s)? The Last of Us was a pretty intense production, principal photography was from June 2021 to June 2022, and The Mandalorian season 3's principal photography was from October 2021 to April 2022 and it was noted by Favreau even then they can begin without having to wait for Pascal since the character wears his helmet a lot. I think physical acting is important but I'm sure it'll all work. Either way TLOU shoot and Mando season 3 shoot clearly completely overlapped and Mando shoots on sound stages in LA and TLOU shot on expensive sets made out in Calgary in Canada so pretty far so not easy to be there for both shoots.

Pedro-pascal-the-mandalorian.jpg
THEPLAYLIST.NET

Pedro Pascal implies that he won't be appearing under the mask very often in the new season of "The Mandalorian."

8 hours ago, johnny said:

i kinda thought there’s no way pascal is literally there with the helmet on all the time anyway. 

Same, but it's probably less than we even think it is based on reporting. It's interesting, V fort Vendetta actually had James Purefoy as V and they shot him as V for six weeks of filming and then he left the film over creative differences and Hugo Weaving was brought on to portray V. They used Purefoy's footage and simply dubbed Weaving over Purefoy for the audio and lines. I like that film a lot and have seen it a number of times over the years and can I tell the difference which footage who is who? No. But, I do still think there is an argument for physical acting, maybe? Don't we want the physical acting, mask on or not, to be Daniel Day-Lewis under there and not a stunt person's acting? The potential quality in acting may not be noticeable in overt ways but I imagine it is in subtle ways. No disrespect to stunt people, who I think are amazing and I love stunts but there is a difference I think. I also feel bad for the stunt people who don't get all the attention when they are acting and everyone thinks it's Pedro Pascal all the time when maybe it's his stunt person over 50% of the time, perhaps it's really the stunt person's role at that point? :p 

Is it always Karl Urban under the helmet in Dredd? Probably not. Darth Vader was played physically by at least two people in the OT films and then James Earl Jones as the voice and that worked great. So I dunno, just throwing that out there.

39 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

They have the Lego Razor Crest for $139.99 on Amazon.

I'm talking about this bad boy.

75331.png?fit=bounds&format=png&width=15
WWW.LEGO.COM

Spark memories of epic Star Wars: The Mandalorian episodes with this fantastic LEGO® Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series version of The Razor Crest

It's a beast.

The UCS versions are usually larger, more expensive, collector's versions.

I'm LTTP when it comes to SW UCS builds. My brother-in-law bought me the TIE Interceptor over a decade ago. I didn't get my 2nd one until the A-Wing released during lockdown. After I finished that, I built the Last Jedi A-Wing (gray and blue) brick-by-brick using most of the instructions of the original. Still needs work because it wound up longer than the original when it's supposed to be shorter. I only have space for starfighters for now but I'd be down for the larger builds if I had space.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...