The Mandalorian OT - This is the Way

Just now, Biggie said:

I like every Star Wars movie ever made. Sure I may have a few favorites that I enjoy watching more over some of the others. But I would still watch all of them.

There is a subreddit that’s nothing but positivity in Star Wars, although there are critiques allowed. You may enjoy that if you ever want to talk Star Wars.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

There is a subreddit that’s nothing but positivity in Star Wars, although there are critiques allowed. You may enjoy that if you ever want to talk Star Wars.

Thanks but I don't need any positive reinforcement when it comes to the GOAT

16 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

My Youtube recommended videos keeps popping up a lot of support for Carano, Disney made a huge mistake, what she said was no worse than stuff Pedro Pascal tweeted, etc.  So I have no idea which side of this story has more support/traction.

Your YT recommends are an algorithm designed to make you see that side of things. You're seeing more of a small part of the populace because YT boosts right wing dogshit like that. 

18 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

My Youtube recommended videos keeps popping up a lot of support for Carano, Disney made a huge mistake, what she said was no worse than stuff Pedro Pascal tweeted, etc.  So I have no idea which side of this story has more support/traction.

That’s just because a lot of Star Wars YT personalities hate anything that could even resemble PC/woke culture. If you use YT as a metric you’d assume TLJ had a single digit rotten tomatoes and audience score. 

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

Your YT recommends are an algorithm designed to make you see that side of things. You're seeing more of a small part of the populace because YT boosts right wing dogshit like that. 

...and this. The other thing that happens is, like using Google, if you tend to search/view videos who have a certain slant, you’re going to get recommended more from people/channels with that slant. 

the YT algorithm is very aggressive about it too. I watched one video from a flat earther just to see/hear some of the crazy first hand, and for over a week I kept getting recommended videos from the other flat earthers. 

5 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

That’s just because a lot of Star Wars YT personalities hate anything that could even resemble PC/woke culture. If you use YT as a metric you’d assume TLJ had a single digit rotten tomatoes and audience score. 

...and this. The other thing that happens is, like using Google, if you tend to search/view videos who have a certain slant, you’re going to get recommended more from people/channels with that slant. 

the YT algorithm is very aggressive about it too. I watched one video from a flat earther just to see/hear some of the crazy first hand, and for over a week I kept getting recommended videos from the other flat earthers. 

There is definitely a strong correlation of channels supporting Gina and thinking TLJ is the worst SW movie ever made, because for shits and giggles I did check a few of them out and they still won't shut up about TLJ ruining the franchise.

If Youtube's algorithm was actually fair, I would be getting a lot more recommended channels for Barbie shows and Minecraft, because my nieces and nephews love to watch that while logged into my account on the TV, than I do for right-wing bullshit which I watch far less often. It's crazy to see the echo chamber in action, because these channels believe more people support Gina's side than Disney's decision.

Also, Youtube recommended Shapiro's channel  like a month ago and I immediately hit the "Don't recommend channel EVER AGAIN" button and wouldn't you know it today I get the Welcome to the Rebellion interview on my feed.

I can 100% buy that Carano isn't very plugged in to politics and that's how all this came to be. But being a participant in harmful and anti-Semitic political rhetoric while consuming political thought from Shapiro still does harm. She isn't a true believer in fascism, but she's useful to those who are. 

And that's not to say she's the only one at fault here. She's also a victim of these political novices being fed propaganda and encouragement by people like Shapiro and whoever else she's listened to/read. They're the ones putting this garbage in front of millions of people from Gina Carano to your own meemaw. 

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I’m sorry @Kal-El814for linking this, but it’s the only place I’ve seen Carano talk about this thing and...she seems like a nice person that only recently became interested in politics. She seems pretty naive.

i’ve never heard people talk shit about her when she was in mma (besides the people who hate women). but running in those circles and all the misinformation on social media, it caught up to her. maybe she is so naive she is going to end up rolling with the right and get used by them. 

43 minutes ago, johnny said:

i’ve never heard people talk shit about her when she was in mma (besides the people who hate women). but running in those circles and all the misinformation on social media, it caught up to her. maybe she is so naive she is going to end up rolling with the right and get used by them. 

She claims Shapiro’s book from a couple years ago was the first book on politics she had ever read. 2020 was the first election she ever voted in even though she is 38. She had no remotely political views (at least in public) during her time as an MMA fighter or early in her acting career.

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This never happened, despite being reported as such.

Et3hiu1XIAs6GhK?format=jpg&name=large

Comparing political disagreement to persecution of Jews during the Holocaust is anti-Semitic. 

That's to say nothing of the harmful things she's reposted about Covid. 

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

She claims Shapiro’s book from a couple years ago was the first book on politics she had ever read. 2020 was the first election she ever voted in even though she is 38. She had no remotely political views (at least in public) during her time as an MMA fighter or early in her acting career.

I'm new to politics but I've aligned myself with Ben Shapiro. Sounds like a good reason to hate her even more!

15 hours ago, sblfilms said:

That isn't anti-semitic, it's just a terrible take.

Yeah this is my position on it too. It's a gross terrible take, but it's not anti semitic. The underlying assumption of her comparison is that what happened to jews was utterly abhorrent. It's just a grossly egotistical and brain dead jump to then think that people disliking your political beliefs is comparable.

Yeah, I don’t see it quite as anti-Semitic, but it is disgraceful.  It is such a dishonor to the events that happened. It screams of being tone deaf to seeing the difference in being judged for things you choose to believe and say, versus systematic incarcerated and extermination because you were born. 

so of course such a comparison was going to offend people. And as I’ve said before, people have been fired for less from a social media post of their’s. Whether or not it’s “right” doesn’t change that it “is”. You think Fox News wouldn’t fire an on-air-personality who compared being a Democrat to being a Jew in late 1930s Europe on their own social media page? 

Freedom of speech doesn’t mean speech is consequence free. 

It’s fine to be naive to politics or political takes, everyone has to start somewhere. But if your foot in the door involves comparing yourself to Jews in Nazi Germany, maybe cool off for a fucking minute before mashing send? Come on, now. I didn’t know any Armenians or about Armenian genocide until I moved to Watertown, MA, and my first reaction wasn’t to talk about how my specific struggles were  pretty similar. This isn’t difficult.

And unless my recall of events is wrong, Pascal talked to her about her putting something like “beep/boop/bop” in her twitter bio to poke fun at people listing their pronouns wasn’t cool, so it’s not like this was the first time, either.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

It’s fine to be naive to politics or political takes, everyone has to start somewhere. But if your foot in the door involves comparing yourself to Jews in Nazi Germany, maybe cool off for a fucking minute before mashing send? Come on, now. I didn’t know any Armenians or about Armenian genocide until I moved to Watertown, MA, and my first reaction wasn’t to talk about how my specific struggles were  pretty similar. This isn’t difficult.

And unless my recall of events is wrong, Pascal talked to her about her putting something like “beep/boop/bop” in her twitter bio to poke fun at people listing their pronouns wasn’t cool, so it’s not like this was the first time, either.

Oh, she has a ton of bad takes on her social media. As I recall there was also anti-mask stuff for Covid, the pronouns thing as you mentioned, this "not anti-Semitic but pretty fucking bad" take on comparing onesself to Jews during the Holocaust. It's not just one thing for sure.

Remember that she has probably been punched in the head like 10,000 times.

I'm not listening to that. I really don't care.

I can't get too wrapped up in this... I really just do not care.

I was more offended that she had the audacity to be a Trump supporter and then complain about politicians trying to divide people and sow hate. Like, how fucking obtuse do you have to be? I don't a fuck about the anti-semitism... it's just so fucking stupid. Utterly daft. Just, how... how fucking deranged would you have to be to see the last 5 years or whatever and have that ridiculous, utter shit, garbage opinion be your take-away?

You would have to be the stupidest most ignorant mother fucker on the planet.