The Mandalorian OT - This is the Way

Also fucking LOL at Cara Dune’s motivation to hate the Empire being her home planet of Alderaan being destroyed by a fascist regime that overthrew a democratically elected Senate and Carano’s take being, “yeah just like the liberals are trying to do,” *send tweet*

How fucking dumb do you have to be, seriously.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Or wait, Googling maybe it was Civil War? I dunno, which exact movie it was in isn't the point. :p Just the comparison that it seems like something Evans probably requested/demanded.

See I knew that's the scene you probably meant, but saying it was from the first Avengers movie threw me off. 

24 minutes ago, Jason said:

"Cheating"?

Steroids or other performance enhancing drugs. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

If people spent half as much energy defending, as George Carlin called them, the underdogs -- LGBT, minorities, women, immigrants, Jews -- as they did defending people who vote for people to fuck with their rights to vote or to be, things would be way better.

George would NEVER sign up for this day & age's ideals, beliefs, or methods of exacting their pound of flesh at any length, no matter what. That, in & of itself, is tyranny.

4 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

This is a bad take, she posted shit comparing criticism of Republicans to people rounding up Jews in Nazi Germany. This isn’t “cancel culture” ruining anything and phrasing it as such is wildly disingenuous.

No, the "bad take" is putting forth ones own personal interpretation & twisting that specific tweet. She wasn't wrong in the analogy. I, again, do not care about her mask/COVID beliefs, or who she supports politically, etc. She was rather astute in articulating the how & why things began to spiral out of control in Germany & with so many just over how the status quo was in Germany, in that time, the way things got turned about via a few who gained power & pushed their agenda forward & outward only in turn for the masses to just cow tail to it & allow it to happen. Sounds fairly familiar in the last decade on this side of the Ocean & then the masses on social media just further proved her point.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Aren't Juggalos supposed to hate Nazis? 

Wholly original...in like 2003. Just boil shit down to a failed attempt of a non-sequitur.

1 minute ago, SoberChef said:

George would NEVER sign up for this day & age's ideals, beliefs, or methods of exacting their pound of flesh at any length, no matter what. That, in & of itself, is tyranny.

Nothing in the free market (of opinion or capital) is tyranny. People like Disney are free to hire and fire who they please. If those people hold repugnant views, then that's their choice, and they don't make a good fit for that specific company. I don't see how you could call that tyranny. 

17 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

No, the "bad take" is putting forth ones own personal interpretation & twisting that specific tweet. She wasn't wrong in the analogy. I, again, do not care about her mask/COVID beliefs, or who she supports politically, etc. She was rather astute in articulating the how & why things began to spiral out of control in Germany & with so many just over how the status quo was in Germany, in that time, the way things got turned about via a few who gained power & pushed their agenda forward & outward only in turn for the masses to just cow tail to it & allow it to happen. Sounds fairly familiar in the last decade on this side of the Ocean & then the masses on social media just further proved her point.

Wholly original...in like 2003. Just boil shit down to a failed attempt of a non-sequitur.

There’s nothing tyrannical about getting fired for making a bad Holocaust comparison.

George 100% would sign up for thinking she’s a dumbass. The people who are fired for being racist, anti Semitic, anti immigrant, are the same people he explicitly said he doesn’t go after because they’re the underdogs. He believed in punching up, not down. Anyone who doesn’t understand this does not know about him.

Also saying or implying shit like, “actually silencing fascist views is the REAL fascism,” is classic DARVO, classic fascist bullshit. She’s wrong to say it. Saying otherwise is just wild.

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

There’s nothing tyrannical about getting fired for making a bad Holocaust comparison.

George 100% would sign up for thinking she’s a dumbass. The people who are fired for being racist, anti Semitic, anti immigrant, are the same people he explicitly said he doesn’t go after because they’re the underdogs. He believed in punching up, not down. Anyone who doesn’t understand this does not know about him.

This, and also this is Star Wars, the franchise is predicated on overthrowing a fascist, regime modeled after the Nazis. We don’t need to look for nuance in what the creator’s nor the franchise’s take on this position is. They blew up the space Nazi’s base and people got medals, the fucking end.

32 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Keyser is right though. I've seen all the Marvel movies and the only ones I remember with any clarity are the first Captain America, the first Thor, the first Iron Man, and the last Avengers movie. The rest all kind of blend together with their samey-ness and cameos.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over Cap taking down pirates

And fucking up everyone in an unfair fight and then single handedly taking down a jet.

4 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Anyone who un-ironically uses the phrase “cancel culture” should be beaten with a sock full of quarters until they see the error of their ways.  This shit isn’t new, it isn’t novel, it’s not even particularly effective, it’s just a dumb label chuds have come up with for consequences when it occurs to them.  Someone said something incredibly stupid out loud and got fired?  How unprecedented.  This never happened once before the brainwashed antifa loving masses took over or whatever.

The same people who cry foul whenever some asshole shows their entire ass and is forced to suffer the absolute bare minimum of punishment gleefully call for the blood of anything they don’t like either.  Oh you fired terf moron strong lady?  I’m cancelling Disney Plus.  You stopped sponsoring Hannity?  Watch me post pictures of my smashed Keurig online.  You hired Kaeppernick?  I’m cutting up every pair of Nike socks I own.  It’s the most openly obvious bullshit double standard possible.    

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  

colin-caepernick-spac.jpg?quality=90&str
NYPOST.COM

Former NFL star Colin Kaepernick has teamed up with a private equity investor to form a blank-check company, making him the latest athlete to jump on Wall Street’s hottest trend. The

Definitely respectable what he is doing now.

4 minutes ago, legend said:

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over Cap taking down pirates

And fucking up everyone in an unfair fight and then single handedly taking down a jet.

Winter Soldier is straight up like the best (or up with the best) of the MCU. How can anyone forget this masterpiece??

9 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
colin-caepernick-spac.jpg?quality=90&str
NYPOST.COM

Former NFL star Colin Kaepernick has teamed up with a private equity investor to form a blank-check company, making him the latest athlete to jump on Wall Street’s hottest trend. The

Definitely respectable what he is doing now.

That has what to do with people cutting up socks two years ago?

Just now, GeneticBlueprint said:

A little bit of color here and there would be nice. I mean it's just a fucking ugly movie even if you like the story (which I can't even remember).

That's funny, I remember a lot of red, white and blue. I don't think those look ugly. :flag:

What do you think, Lincoln?

the daily show no GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

A little bit of color here and there would be nice. I mean it's just a fucking ugly movie even if you like the story (which I can't even remember).

I find describing Marvel movies as "grey" confusing. If anything they seem overly bright to me.

15 minutes ago, legend said:

It's the one where he makes DC executives poop their pants.

Seriously... it's like one of the best straight up action movies of the decade. Comic book bias aside. It's a GOOD movie aside from the superhero stuff.

1 minute ago, legend said:

I find describing Marvel movies as "grey" confusing. If anything they seem overly bright to me.

Agreed again... the DC movies are the ones that tend to be dark and washed out. At least the Snyder ones.

It's really fascinating to watch as one political party takes up stances that are now considered so offensive to the other side that simply espousing them puts you on a shit list. I mean, these are now fairly mainstream opinions... and yet, a huge swath of the populace finds them disgustingly offensive.

I'm right there too, I unloaded an obscenity laced rant about her idiocy and yet her getting canned makes me feel kinda gross.

It's interesting how a lot of people with right-leaning political thoughts now feel free to speak a lot more openly about things like this in the era of Trump.

I'm a jew and honestly, I was less offended by the comparison to Nazis as I was by just how idiotic and stupid it for someone who is in a party that enables a man like trump to be complaining about hateful rhetoric in politics. Like, shut your fucking face with that shit. You may not have that opinion. It's so fucking lacking in self awareness that it makes me want to punch things.

I'm not happy about her getting fired, but I also think she is a big dopey dipshit. I have mixed feelings.

1 minute ago, legend said:

Not sure what you mean. Grey can be bright. The issue is with things blending together. There's just no contrast in the color palette onscreen. It all washes together constantly. I've been saying it since the first Avengers movie but this guy says it way better than me. Vid is four years old though.

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

My God.

I could spend an inordinately long time articulating why this "interpretation" of the events in Germany in the 1920s and the 1930s is so very, VERY wrong on so many, MANY levels, but I have far better things to do with my life.

Like bang my skull against a wall repeatedly.

51 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

This, and also this is Star Wars, the franchise is predicated on overthrowing a fascist, regime modeled after the Nazis. We don’t need to look for nuance in what the creator’s nor the franchise’s take on this position is. They blew up the space Nazi’s base and people got medals, the fucking end.

Just to be clear, they're talking about George CARLIN, not George LUCAS :p

8 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The context for that analogy is INFINITELY more applicable than the nonsense that she came up with.

She compared a political party that UTTERLY DOMINATES most of the political units in the United States to a minority that was hounded and persecuted for centuries in Germany prior to the Nazis.

Give me a fucking break.