The Mandalorian OT - This is the Way

55 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!! Taika knocked it outta the galaxy with this episode!

Reveal hidden contents

The wait for fall of next year is going to be agonizing in terms of waiting for season 2. Here's hoping not only the episodes are longer but perhaps a slightly longer episode number as well!?

I can't wait to see what else D+ has in store for not only this property (SW) but what they hopefully do via giving Taika & Dave both full reign over live action series of their own!!!

*side note: When DOES the final final Clone Wars episodes come out anyways!? (EDIT: Feb. 2020!)

14 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

God damn, what a finale.

Can’t wait to watch it tonight when I get off work! And now your posts has intensified this. :daydream:

Great episode and i liked the series overall. The opening with the two scout troopers was awesome :lol: In retrospect, there was a lot crammed into this episode and I can't help but feel that maybe they could have spread some of this stuff out over more earlier episodes... like they could have allied the crew with the IG Droid to be build up more of an organic connection between he and Mando. I really liked The Armorer and hope we haven't seen the last of her. Lastly did we ever find out who that was that approached Ming Na Wen's character at the end of that episode? I suspect we'll find out next season and they are setting up another plot thread with that but we'll see. Great first season though.

I’ve seen other people mention this, but Mandalorian has character deaths that resonate more than JJ does with Han and Leia, and these characters are side characters in comparison to two of the most iconic lead characters in pop culture history.

22 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’ve seen other people mention this, but Mandalorian has character deaths that resonate more than JJ does with Han and Leia, and these characters are side characters in comparison to two of the most iconic lead characters in pop culture history.

Agree or disagree I would honestly say Mandalorian has a more authentic Star Wars feel to it than this last trilogy. 

1 minute ago, EternallDarkness said:

Agree or disagree I would honestly say Mandalorian has a more authentic Star Wars feel to it than this last trilogy. 

I don’t know what Star Wars “feels” like, but Mandalorian season 1 is flat out a better story than the ST.

50 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Great episode and i liked the series overall. The opening with the two scout troopers was awesome :lol: In retrospect, there was a lot crammed into this episode and I can't help but feel that maybe they could have spread some of this stuff out over more earlier episodes... like they could have allied the crew with the IG Droid to be build up more of an organic connection between he and Mando. I really liked The Armorer and hope we haven't seen the last of her. Lastly did we ever find out who that was that approached Ming Na Wen's character at the end of that episode? I suspect we'll find out next season and they are setting up another plot thread with that but we'll see. Great first season though.

I thought it was Moff Gideon.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did they ever establish that it was? 

It seemed to be implied, with the cape and boots seemingly being the same between the end of episode 5 and the confrontation in episode 7.

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Can one of you guys fill me in on what that is? I thought it was a 

Spoiler

Vibro-blade when I saw it

:p I've been playing KOTOR 2

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Can one of you guys fill me in on what that is? I thought it was a 

Reveal hidden contents

:p I've been playing KOTOR 2

Spoiler

Well, I thought it was the first official lightsaber, but I think I got that mixed up with another lightsaber. The Darksaber is an ancient lightsaber wielded by the first Mandalorian Jedi. I have always known that it was the "Mandaloiran Lightsaber". I think the New Canon has changed the origins of the Darksaber so I am not sure about the other aspects of it. 

• Thanks 1

HO

LE

FUCK

THAT WAS INCREDIBLE. 

Real talk, Mandalorian is incredible. 

The Mandalorians as a creed is just perfect. This REALLY builds on the stuff Rebels brought to the table. It makes Rebels so much more rich now. And it makes the Mandalorians themselves cooler than the Jedi. They are the fucking BEST. Boba Fett was a pretender. Favreau and Filoni are taking what we all THOUGHT were cool Mandalorians in just how Boba Fett was presented and fleshing them out to be legitimately the best true force for good in the Galaxy. 

AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT I-G-MOTHERFUCKING-11?

Holy crap what an amazing episode. This washes away the sins of Rise of Skywalker. THIS is what we need more of. 

And that reveal at the end. I'm bursting with hype and fanboying all over the place. 

If anyone has NOT watched Rebels, do yourself a favor and get started on that now. 

This is the got. damn. way. 

And another thing -- that gondola R2 unit with arms and legs made me bust out laughing. And props to Taika Waititi for NOT having it beep "O sole mio" as we ALL KNOW JJ Abrams or George Lucas would have had it do. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, johnny said:

The dark saber is in clone wars and rebels 

Which because of who had it at the end of Rebels how the fuck did he get it?!  Holy fuck! 

...also, but Baby Yoda never had Force training. It’s a little nibbler sue. Ruins the Force.:cry: /“fanboy” troll.  

really good episode. 
still not sure how this show had a budget of $10million per episode. The production quality wasn’t that high. Still enjoyable. 

8 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Which because of who had it at the end of Rebels how the fuck did he get it?!  Holy fuck! 

Sabine... :cry:

I hope to god she shows up. Holy shit if she makes a comeback in Season 2 Imma lose my ever-loving shit. 

EDIT: I'm dumb. I forgot Bo-Katan wound up with it. STILL, I hope we see Sabine.