The Mandalorian OT - This is the Way

Great episode. Anyone catch the new Imperial-ish theme when the Empire truly showed up? The music in this is baller.

That shit is awesome. Everyone should give it a listen. Yet felt the stakes were truly raised when the Empire showed up still with this way different variation, as it should be, so the feeling still got across.

You can definitely here tons of bits from the original song in it. It's very cool I thought.

46 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I love TLJ...but I think overall The Mandalorian may be better than the entire ST.

I couldn't agree more!

This is EXACTLY what I've always wanted from a post-RotJ setting.  Show me a completely different side of the Star Wars universe, free from the constraints of Solos and Skywalkers, Jedi and Sith.  I feel so much more "connected" to this show than the ST.

And I'm gonna say it right now..The Galactic Empire's Stormtroopers/military is so much better and intimidating than Clones, Battledroids and New Order troops.

The PT and ST "bad guys" don't ever feel as threatening or feared like the OT

Spoiler

Seeing the Deathtroopers and Stormtroopers line up and lay waste to that building with fire was AWESOME!!!

12 minutes ago, ARZ said:

And I'm gonna say it right now..The Galactic Empire's Stormtroopers/military is so much better and intimidating than Clones, Battledroids and New Order troops.

The PT and ST "bad guys" don't ever feel as threatening or feared like the OT

Hide contents

Seeing the Deathtroopers and Stormtroopers line up and lay waste to that building with fire was AWESOME!!!

Agreed. But I really hate how many colours of troopers there are. I expect the next movie series to have blue troopers and people in the movie will go "oh noooo, the Viper Troopers are here, the Empire's most elite strike team!" 

I admit I did love seeing the Scout Troopers though. IMO they are the best trooper design ever made.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Agreed. But I really hate how many colours of troopers there are. I expect the next movie series to have blue troopers and people in the movie will go "oh noooo, the Viper Troopers are here, the Empire's most elite strike team!" 

I admit I did love seeing the Scout Troopers though. IMO they are the best trooper design ever made.

They already had blue - Chancellor Palpatines royal guards, LOL

6 minutes ago, ARZ said:

They already had blue - Chancellor Palpatines royal guards, LOL

lol oh yeah. Okay then, they will be Snowtrooper outfits but pink, and they will be called the First Order Fuscia Fireteam, the most dangerous and feared (but never-before mentioned!) strike team in the galaxy. And their weird quirk will be that they have big vacuums that suck up their enemies, and dissolve them inside.

• Haha 1

>get shot in the head by a guildsman in checkered armor
>the truth is, the bounty was rigged from the start
>THE MANDALORIAN: NEW EISLEY
>woah, woah there, easy, easy, I thought you'd never wake up
>I promise I won't tell nobody I took off yer helmet, just needed to take a look in your noggin, make sure everything was alright
>healed up your burns, but it must have been a stormtrooper that shot you, barely grazed your whiskers
>now tell me, did I get everything right?
>a baby, you say? naw, I ain't seen no baby, if you want to head up to the cantina, I'm sure someone would'a seen something

Yeah that was a pretty awesome episode. Also. Pretty cool how all of a sudden those “useless waste of time episodes” suddenly came storming back with a flood of meaning.  Love how in one episode this show went from “eh it’s fun but if it didn’t have the Star Wars setting it would just be average/below average” to “OMGWTFBBQ THIS IS THE BEST THING SINCE EMPIRE!!!!”

Anywho, I thought the episode length was perfect. I mean having the shorter episodes kinda worked because it did give this episode a grander feel but I hope next season all the episodes fall in at 40 minutes. Allergies def kicked up with Kweel(no idea how that’s actually spelled). That whole sequence of them getting closer and closer with Mando on the comm was fantastic. It grabbed the kinda of emotion that the PT was shooting for several times but completely wiffed on. 

cant wait for the season finale. 

I don't think I enjoyed Episode 7 as much as everyone else, IMHO it was one of the weaker ones (better than 4 & 5, not as good as 1-3 & 6).  However, I'll withhold my judgement until after episode 8 -- it may be that we get payoff there, that makes this one worthwhile.

8 hours ago, fuckle85 said:

Is it true this show has bombastic setpieces that match the ones in the recent films?

Not at all.  I just watched TFA last night as a comparison (so it is fresh in my mind).  Everything in The Mandalorian is of a much smaller scale -- and there isn't really any significant space combat.  On a tangent, there also hasn't been anything of the scale of GoT either.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!! Taika knocked it outta the galaxy with this episode!

Spoiler
  • Opening scene with the scout troopers was both hysterical & enraging when they hit Baby Yoda
  • The IG unit is seriously bad ass and all the EU stuff I ever read never gave IG-88 that much depth
  • Mandalorian is a creed! I dig that
  • Shoot outs were bad ass
  • How aperpos how the circle is complete from Mando's beginning to where he is now with B.Y.
  • Moff Gideon with the fucking Darksaber paying off SO much story telling from both Clone Wars and Rebels...WOW! THANK YOU DAVE FILONI I LOVE YOU!

The wait for fall of next year is going to be agonizing in terms of waiting for season 2. Here's hoping not only the episodes are longer but perhaps a slightly longer episode number as well!?

I can't wait to see what else D+ has in store for not only this property (SW) but what they hopefully do via giving Taika & Dave both full reign over live action series of their own!!!

*side note: When DOES the final final Clone Wars episodes come out anyways!? (EDIT: Feb. 2020!)