Darksiders III | Official Thread of Hell (and Heaven) Hath No Fury Like A Horseman Scorned

Pikachu

On 11/28/2018 at 9:04 AM, Rev said:

I absolutely loved the first Darksiders. Like a cool, darker, action combat version of Zelda. But the second one felt pretty tedious to finish and it sounds like this one is even more of a departure from the first one so I'll pick it up when it's 85+% off.

The first game was pretty solid. Enough to even make me anticipate the sequel. But I couldn't get into 2, and sounds like I'll be completely skipping this one. 

Just finished the game (about 35 hours in total).

From the perspective of combat, world design/interconectedness, main character, and overall presentation - it's easily the BEST in the series!  However, if I was an actual reviewer, I'd be hardpressed to give it higher than a 75% score because that damned camera just makes things far more difficult than they really need to be.

Note: I played it on the PC where the technical performance has been nothing short of outstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

That patch thing is fucked up for people who bought it Day 1, or simply early. I would be pissed having potentially played through the entire game with "inferior" combat as to what I was expecting only for them to patch it in later...what the hell? 

I felt like that about Bloodborne's loading time/screen patch and this is certainly much more absurd. 

• 5 weeks later...

Just beat it, solid 8/10. Would be higher but it certainly has a lot of jank. After that ending I really want to see what’s next so snow I’m hoping we see a Darksiders 4. Which, I did not expect since I only played it because it was with ea premiere.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nephilim, sharpen your weapon and brace yourself: The Crucible is opening its gates!

The first DLC for Darksiders III - The Crucible - is OUT NOW!

A legendary challenge whispered with reverence across the universe. Not even the Creator could have envisioned such glorious spectacle as that which is found in this fabled arena.
- 101 Waves of grueling combat, fit only for the toughest and most steadfast of warriors. 
- New armor sets to don as proof of your superiority.
- New Enchantments never seen until now. 
- Rare crafting materials to improve your weapons and enhancements.

All provided by the generous, steady hand of the Crucible’s Overseer. That’s right, it is I! Targon! Founder of this stupendous arena, and the only one ever to conquer it. So what say you, challenger? Do you have what it takes to surpass me?

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a GWG this month

AugGwG_16x9_HERO.jpg
NEWS.XBOX.COM

The August Games with Gold lineup is here! On the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, return to an apocalyptic Earth in Darksiders III, and embark on an epic adventure in Yooka-Laylee.And for our classic lineup via Backward Compatibility, discover the hidden truths of Lost Planet 3, and become the ultimate fighter in Garou: Mark […]