Darksiders III | Official Thread of Hell (and Heaven) Hath No Fury Like A Horseman Scorned

Pikachu

Watch the FORCE HOLLOW Trailer and see Fury in action in one of the forms she will acquire during the game!

The Force Hollow allows Fury the collection and precise focusing of energy into concentrated attacks. With Scorn taking on the appearance of a giant hammer, Fury can shatter her enemy’s defenses and inflict severe damage. Scorn can also act as a focal point for magnetic attraction--allowing Fury to draw in energy, rubble, and even enemies, before releasing it all in a single explosive burst. With great effort, Fury can even maintain this magnetic sphere to traverse walls and ceilings.

Darksiders III is set for release on November 27, 2018 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One! A PRE-ORDER campaign for special discounts and early access to exclusive content was designed to reward a fanbase, who are eagerly awaiting to once again smash demons to pieces. The specifics are detailed here: https://darksiders.com/order-here/

Darksiders mega-fans, choose between the Collector’s (https://youtu.be/2S5lRKlLzgE) and Apocalypse Edition (https://youtu.be/-9CyIjgTKjw)!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Agreed considering I own the previous two games but have never played a bit of either.

I've beaten both of them and while they were enjoyable, they never really "elevated" themselves. They were pretty much the same from start to finish. I really don't know any other way to put it. The dungeons started with a certain level of complexity and never really changed much. 

If compared to Ocarina of Time, it's like every dungeon was the Water Temple.

On 11/16/2018 at 2:46 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

The next 12 months will be interesting for THQ Nordic. It will determine whether they rise to Take Two/Ubisoft tier or remain in the Paradox Interactive tier. 

Im ok with them taking the man the of ‘fan service, the studio’ and release endless remasters.

I'm willing to bet that scores and overall consumer interest would be somewhat marginally higher if the game was priced appropriately at $40 to $45 rather than as a full-priced title.  Gunfire Games already stated that the budget for the game was lower than for Darksiders I, so that pretty much places it within the framework of a "budget" title which probably has a different evaluation criteria than an "AAA" game in the minds of reviewers and the public.

THQ Nordic should probably view this as a learning experience for its future sub-AAA releases.

After playing for about an hour, I can definitely say that it's a Darksiders game, albeit one that's as different from its predecessors as they were from each other.

One thing the reviewers are absolutely right about is the camera:  it's simply set far too close to Fury and enemies will go off-screen pretty easily.  This wouldn't be too much of a problem, but Fury at least initially is pretty frail and even basic enemy hits take off a LOT of health.

I can see that I'm going to be doing a lot of grinding for souls to get attribute points that I can put into boosting her health.

I absolutely loved the first Darksiders. Like a cool, darker, action combat version of Zelda. But the second one felt pretty tedious to finish and it sounds like this one is even more of a departure from the first one so I'll pick it up when it's 85+% off.

35 minutes ago, Rev said:

I absolutely loved the first Darksiders. Like a cool, darker, action combat version of Zelda. But the second one felt pretty tedious to finish and it sounds like this one is even more of a departure from the first one so I'll pick it up when it's 85+% off.

This one is closer to the first than the second, but it's definitely scaled-down from the first.

On 11/17/2018 at 1:31 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Agreed considering I own the previous two games but have never played a bit of either.

Wait, if you've never played a bit of either game, how can you judge it to be solid?

I played a chunk of the first game when it first came out on PS3. It wasn't bad, but something about it just didn't hold my attention. I've got both games on PC, but I've never booted them up.