Google's Game Streaming Service is Official

TwinIon

34 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I only put 57 minutes into the game on Project Stream.  Thought I wouldn't get a copy, but I found it in my uPlay account.  Email notifications are sent to the account you signed up to Uplay with:

r25UDKT.jpg

Sounds like it's better that I didn't invest much time before, haha.

I bought the game already...  Having it unavailable for months doesn't really do anyone much good.  Particularly, if they were actively playing the game.

I can say that playing locally was noticeably better than streaming -- controller lag, framerate, image quality and stereo sound.

4 hours ago, mikechorney said:

I bought the game already...  Having it unavailable for months doesn't really do anyone much good.  Particularly, if they were actively playing the game.

Well, that's a hot take.

It's a big budget release you get free 4 months after launch, with a trial streaming period during most of the wait.  I'm far from the only one to take advantage.
... Bit of a bummer for people who got in deep with their save, but a solution should be coming next week.

7 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Well, that's a hot take.

It's a big budget release you get free 4 months after launch, with a trial streaming period during most of the wait.  I'm far from the only one to take advantage.
... Bit of a bummer for people who got in deep with their save, but a solution should be coming next week.

I took advantage as well, and decided to buy the game because I didn't want my save locked behind an impassable wall.  They later came out and promised people would be able to keep playing their saves -- which they haven't been able to deliver.  And they promised an "update next week" -- not a solution in the next week.  If you're playing a single player game, locking you out of your save for more than a few days really sucks.   If they weren't going to take a long time to free up your save -- they shouldn't have promised to let you have it.

After reading this thread, I visited Reddit to see what people were doing. The scuttlebutt was that the saves were available so I downloaded the game and yup there is my 24h 02M 44s save file. :twothumbsup:

Also see that the free helix money is there so I assume the extra xp dlc must be there too. 

And I downloaded the Trial beta!

2 hours ago, mikechorney said:

I took advantage as well, and decided to buy the game because I didn't want my save locked behind an impassable wall.  They later came out and promised people would be able to keep playing their saves -- which they haven't been able to deliver.  And they promised an "update next week" -- not a solution in the next week.  If you're playing a single player game, locking you out of your save for more than a few days really sucks.   If they weren't going to take a long time to free up your save -- they shouldn't have promised to let you have it.

My save from December is also there.  So chalk that up to save transfers working.

Also, once they said they were giving the game out free, they promised that save data would transfer automatically.  The only caveat was that the Helix Credits they gave out as part of the playtest would need to be spent before it ended.  They should be gone now.

Sorry if you didn't get the right information.  Could've been the internet playing a game of telephone.

Can’t say I’ll ever willingly choose to play a game via streaming again.  As a laptop option it might be okay, if you had the WiFi signal to support it.  But I’d want to play this game in higher fidelity.

HDR is the biggie for me.  I don’t think the lighting in this game is especially flattering on the whole.  Everything in the shadows seems a little too muted to me, and that gets accentuated on Project Stream.  So I’ll take what improvements I can get.