Fallout 76 OT - Would Anyone Really Notice If West Virginia Was Nuked? Update: "Steel Reign" Launch Trailer

Pikachu

43 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

There is a Raid now?

I played it quite a bit at launch, I think i got to Lvl 70 something, but haven't played in awhile.  I do want to revisit it, just so many games out.

I'll level up so we can tackle the Raid... I also bought World War Z cheap but haven't booted it up yet. That's another game we can co-op :p

• 1 month later...

They really need to re-purpose that to say "hey pay this much a year for a private server, and also get all this other stuff."

I honestly don't know who's making the decisions over there. Even Elder Scrolls Online went from a sub to Pay-to-Play and had a metric ton of content already before going to microtransactions. All they had to do was follow a template they've already had success with.

The mind woggles.

imagine after a terrible launch, drastic player dropoff...you moderately turn the game around...and then decide that $100/yr is a fair price for features that players have been asking for from day one and are readily available as standard features in other games. 

im not sure if im impressed with the size of their balls or just completely and outright offended at their audacity. 

3 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

This is essentially equal to renting a private server right?  So you rent a private server and get some other perks.

What's the typical costs of renting servers on other games?  I genuinely have no idea. 

No, this isn't the equivalent of renting servers, and I find it to be hilarious that anyone actually fell for that narrative. (Not specifically talking about you, I've seen this line mentioned even in scathing Youtube videos.)

For one... you can't leave your "server" up when you're not playing unless you keep someone on that server (who also has the sub) 24/7. The second it's free players only, the server goes offline.

Second, typically when you rent a server, you get a LOT of control over the server settings. Player counts, item spawns, game modes, mods, etc. This offers literally nothing like that.

Third, you can have 8 people total. So it's not even something that would require a server. You could do this shit with peer-to-peer for free, like in Minecraft, Terraria, or literally any game of a similar nature, except those also offer mods and all the aforementioned stuff. Again, FOR FUCKING FREE. If you do choose rent a server for Minecraft, it stays on 24/7 whether you're on it or not, and you can have hundreds of people on it.

There is literally nothing here, and I must stress that word, LITERALLY nothing, that warrants anything even approaching a sub fee. If you tried to rent out a server as shitty and as limited as what Bethesda is doing here in any other game, you'd be laughed out of town. Anyone paying for this is a fucking moron.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Fallout 76's new NPCs are stealing weapons from dead players...and won't give them back (PC Gamer)

Fallout 76 is much better now that the Wastelanders expansion has arrived—it populates the world with new human residents, making the game feel much more alive. These new NPCs are a welcome change and it's genuinely nice to see some friendly faces in Appalachia.

Friendly as they are, however, some of these new NPCs have been displaying a disturbing habit for thievery. Several players have reported that during events like Riding Shotgun and Radiation Rumble, NPCs have been stealing from them. Specifically, on more than one occasion when a player was killed during the event, they respawned only to find their best weapon—and all of its ammo, sometimes thousands of rounds worth—was now in the hands of an NPC.

That's right. When you die, an NPC can take your gun and ammo right off your corpse and use it themselves—which is something even other players can't do in Fallout 76. 

This is a bug that Bethesda should actually turn into a feature!

• 2 months later...