Fallout 76 OT - Would Anyone Really Notice If West Virginia Was Nuked? Update: "Steel Reign" Launch Trailer

Pikachu

I played for an hour tonight. What I was able to play seemed fine. What I like about Fallout is the eerie feeling of being alone and scavenging through a wasteland and piecing together what used to be here. None of that is in Fallout 76 so far.

Walking down a road, you see a beat up old truck. You walk over to see if there is anything to scavenge. Maybe there is a holotape that will give you insight on what is happening. You find some useful items but nothing else. You decide to continue down the road only to be attacked by a pack of stray dogs. You wildly swing your crafted blade as the dogs bite your flesh. As the last dog falls, you notice something. A person. Actually three people that look like you. Why are they surrounding me?  What are these gestures?  I don’t understand. I try to leave but they follow. Gesturing wildly at me. Please leave me alone. For the love of the overseer, please leave me alone!  Someone help me!

*Connection was lost to the server*

thank you 

• Haha 2

Initially I was kinda mixed on it, but I've been hooked.  

Can't stop playing it, just love progressing my character and exploring.  Enjoying it way more than I did Fallout 4.  Unlike RDR2 where I need to force myself to play, I just can't put this down.

It's definitely got its issues, but I feel like I'm always progressing and finding new useful things each and every play session, and I feel meaningful progress with my character.  Mostly been solo so far too, but had some fun encounters with randoms as well.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DarkStar189 said:

I kinda shrugged it off when I read online people are starting a class action law suit over this game because they aren't being allowed a refund.  I would be pretty pissed though if I got that collectors edition with that bag.  That's some bait and switch shit.

The promo image specifically calls it a canvas bag. Seems fairly cut and dry. 

2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I can 100% guarantee that the game's EULA bars class action lawsuits to begin with.

Probably. 

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/11/29/fallout-76-power-armor-edition/

It sounds like Bethesda is going to make this right guys. If you bought the Power Armor edition and contact support, you will be given $5 worth of in game currency(500 Atoms) lol

:ohsnap:

I've been bitching about the lack of in game reporting tools for years. These companies don't want to make it easy to report other players because they just don't want to deal with it.  Social media is forcing them to though. I've been messaged hateful shit more times than I can count and was powerless to do anything about it at the time. It's infuriating especially for services you are paying for. I'm glad these guys handled it.

On 11/19/2018 at 10:48 AM, JPDunks4 said:

Initially I was kinda mixed on it, but I've been hooked.  

Can't stop playing it, just love progressing my character and exploring.  Enjoying it way more than I did Fallout 4.  Unlike RDR2 where I need to force myself to play, I just can't put this down.

It's definitely got its issues, but I feel like I'm always progressing and finding new useful things each and every play session, and I feel meaningful progress with my character.  Mostly been solo so far too, but had some fun encounters with randoms as well.

Still fun?