Fallout 76 OT - Would Anyone Really Notice If West Virginia Was Nuked? Update: "Steel Reign" Launch Trailer

Pikachu

2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

It's goofing around just like people punching each other in the waiting area for PUBG.

Except PUBG isn't trying to tell a story... shit was distracting as hell. This coming weekend will have extended BETA periods so I'll make up my mind then but I still have two unfinished Fallout games NOW. What's the point in buying another one I'll play fro a few hours then put down?

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Except PUBG isn't trying to tell a story... shit was distracting as hell. This coming weekend will have extended BETA periods so I'll make up my mind then but I still have two unfinished Fallout games NOW. What's the point in buying another one I'll play fro a few hours then put down?

Did you really need the B.E.T.A. to figure that out?

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Ummm yes... I like to try things before I make up my mind. Which is why I haven't made up my mind yet... is this a foreign concept?

"I've never gotten my money's worth from a Fallout game before but maybe THIS time will be different to the point it's worth a pre-order!" 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

"I've never gotten my money's worth from a Fallout game before but maybe THIS time will be different to the point it's worth a pre-order!" 

One, I never said "I didn't get my money's worth from a Fallout game" I put 70 hours into Fallout 3 and probably 30 into Fallout 4.  I said I didn't beat two of them... Fallout 4 and New Vegas.

Two, The thing that intrigues me about Fallout 76 is the online co-op aspect which I haven't tried much yet. Several people from the boards that I play online with regularly are planning on getting the game and I don't know if THAT aspect will be compelling enough to keep me playing for an extended period of time... I DON'T KNOW YET. That's why I said " I'm going to put some time in this weekend when I can spend more time with the Beta". I haven't played much of it yet so as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out. Is that ok with you?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

My pre-load deleted itself when i fired up the client an hour ago, and I'm now spending the first PC BETA time slot downloading 46Gb of data at 365K per second on a gigabit connection. Well played Bethesda. :/

Yup... that's what the link I posted above is talking about. They fucked this "Beta" thing up royally.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Whelp, looks like I should have taken a look at that link prior to casually hitting the "nuke your current plans" button! :sun:

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Probably the best bug I know of because the link is broken.

Damn, linking from mobile never works for me

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/fallout-76-beta-bug-1203015412/

I'll fix the link in the original post too.

18 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

My pre-load deleted itself when i fired up the client an hour ago, and I'm now spending the first PC BETA time slot downloading 46Gb of data at 365K per second on a gigabit connection. Well played Bethesda. :/

Just an FYI  some people are reporting the files did not get deleted and its an issue with the launcher. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Just an FYI  some people are reporting the files did not get deleted and its an issue with the launcher. 

Interesting, and after a quick check, also true! Unfortunately it seems its also irrelevant as attempting to launch the exe without the launcher results in an error message. Boooo! 

• 2 weeks later...