Fallout 76 OT - Would Anyone Really Notice If West Virginia Was Nuked? Update: "Steel Reign" Launch Trailer

Pikachu

38 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh I can't wait to see what fuckery is unleashed :p I missed the stress test, but I'll be checking out the Beta tomorrow to see if I'm gonna keep my pre-order or not.

You may want to backup everything first just in case one of these "spectacular" bugs happens to be "Format C:"

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They've had bugs on PC in the past that have done that?!

I'm aware of a single game that did it. I believe Phantasy Star Online 2 had a patch out for like a few hours that would utterly wreck your computer.

On September 4th, 2013, a PSO2 update was released to the public which had the unfortunate side effect of deleting files from the victim’s hard drive. The development team promptly responded to the problem and can confirm as of yesterday, the PSO2 updater is working correctly and is no longer erroneously deleting files outside of PSO2.

Sega is deeply sorry for the trouble this has caused and after continued discussion have decided to give players the following response:

- To compensate for those affected by this issue, Sega would like to distribute either a voucher worth 5000 Yen, or 10,000 AC of in-game currency.
- They would also like to get in contact with the players individually who lost data on their hard drives.

Around 20,514 people applied the update on September 4th at 11:00 ~ 14:42 JST. It’s likely you may have been hit with this bug if you updated the game around that time.

Players who encountered this problem will have the opportunity to fill out a form that will be released in a few days. The information submitted is compared with several data to confirm whether or not you qualify. They understand that their offer can never amount to the value of lost data, but do wish to provide individualized support along with distributing some form of compensation.

They want to do everything in their power to help those who lost data on their hard drives. This may include a service call to (local) experts who specialize in hard drive restoration services. But for now, they’re only discussing the possibilities of what their course of action will be. More information about this will be posted in a follow-up report once it’s finalized.

They also plan to announce some form of compensation for all PSO2 players which will be posted at the official site sometime in the future. They are sincerely sorry for the situation regarding the data loss, and hope to restore faith and trust in both the development team and staff.

(Edit: Basically, if you’ve encountered the bug, they want you to submit a form, otherwise, how would they even know if you didn’t say anything? But if you need the extra support that requires hard drive restoration services, the option is there for you as well. This is where they’ll need to get in touch with you personally.)

(If you were a victim of this bug, please consult AIDA‘s thread to learn how to restore the lost files.)

I feel like the majority of games released these days have bugs in em. In all the Bethesda games Ive played, I dont think Ive ever experienced one that was absolutely game breaking. Maybe I had to reload my last save or something, but thats been it. Anecdotal, I know... but it'll never stop me from buying and enjoying their games. 

That said... this letter does seem like they expect it to be extra bad for Fallout 76 :lol:. Either way, Im excited to get home tonight and give it a go. 

No way no how am I getting this game, I'm just not going to do it. Red Dead Redemption 2 is the only game left this year for me. For the first time ever, I'm not buying another game! If all goes well, Resident Evil 2 next year will be my next game after that, even if delayed! I loved Fallout 4, but this will not be mine. I really honestly do not have any interest in it either, but that has never stopped me from buying anything and everything. This is more a foot down thing. Side note, although I know I'm buying RDR2, I'm not going to pre-order it either, or buy the day one release. I'm gonna wait till I beat more of Forza 5. I want it, but hell I'm only 9 hours into God of War, etc. Backlog has finally caught up with me, and I have to stop throwing money at everything that is shiny!

Ok. Super weird but if I plug my chat mic into the controller, audio comes back. Unplug it and it goes out again.  

So I put in 2hrs and.... it’s fallout...but with other people running around. PVP is disabled until lvl5. Once I hit 5 I tried to fight someone and nothing happened so not sure if it’s disabled for the beta or maybe intended for specific areas. 

Right now the gameplay is a mess. The character is really jittery runing around and over the terain. It’s really tough to inspect/search downed enemies. Sometimes I had to crouch or circle them to find the right spot. VATS feels useless, not that I really ever used it. Standard gunplay is OK. The reticule is very tough to see sometimes against the background. Overall movement is just not smooth or fluid. 

I didn’t venture far as there was lots to do in the opening area. There are public events you can enter. I did 2, one actually required 3 caps to enter. These remind me a lot of Destiny public events, but no one was really participating. 

I went into one event solo and got wrecked. Clearly intended for group play, which is fine. It was weird tho bc I was in the zone and killed 2 enemies, then all of a sudden I was surrounded. Felt like I entered at the end and then it reset the instance while I was in. After I died they created a mission to go back and get my loot. So I went back and the place was empty again. Definitely buggy. 

I didnt find and wasn’t able to craft any guns other than the pipe pistol and rifle. Found no armor but crafted  leather chest and one leg and one arm. 

Honestly I really had no specific expectations going in and I wasn’t left with feeling super excited to play. Nor did I think it was bad by any means. It just feels a lot like more of the same, but with people. I’m sure that dynamic will open more as I play and explore but I really had zero interaction with other players for the 2hrs. Maybe with a group a friends, it would be a lot of fun (esp if the difficulty scales). 

28 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Ok. Super weird but if I plug my chat mic into the controller, audio comes back. Unplug it and it goes out again.  

So I put in 2hrs and.... it’s fallout...but with other people running around. PVP is disabled until lvl5. Once I hit 5 I tried to fight someone and nothing happened so not sure if it’s disabled for the beta or maybe intended for specific areas. 

Right now the gameplay is a mess. The character is really jittery runing around and over the terain. It’s really tough to inspect/search downed enemies. Sometimes I had to crouch or circle them to find the right spot. VATS feels useless, not that I really ever used it. Standard gunplay is OK. The reticule is very tough to see sometimes against the background. Overall movement is just not smooth or fluid. 

I didn’t venture far as there was lots to do in the opening area. There are public events you can enter. I did 2, one actually required 3 caps to enter. These remind me a lot of Destiny public events, but no one was really participating. 

I went into one event solo and got wrecked. Clearly intended for group play, which is fine. It was weird tho bc I was in the zone and killed 2 enemies, then all of a sudden I was surrounded. Felt like I entered at the end and then it reset the instance while I was in. After I died they created a mission to go back and get my loot. So I went back and the place was empty again. Definitely buggy. 

I didnt find and wasn’t able to craft any guns other than the pipe pistol and rifle. Found no armor but crafted  leather chest and one leg and one arm. 

Honestly I really had no specific expectations going in and I wasn’t left with feeling super excited to play. Nor did I think it was bad by any means. It just feels a lot like more of the same, but with people. I’m sure that dynamic will open more as I play and explore but I really had zero interaction with other players for the 2hrs. Maybe with a group a friends, it would be a lot of fun (esp if the difficulty scales). 

So your neighbor's house didn't explode?

On 10/22/2018 at 7:34 PM, Paperclyp said:

I'm a huge Elder Scrolls / Fallout fan, and I just have 0 interest in this game. Even if it's well-received I just don't have much interest in it for some reason. 

I think part of the issue for me is that sometimes I like to take my time in Fallout and Elder Scrolls games, but in an online-only world you can't afford to do that. It sounds like you can maybe play by yourself, or only with friends (can someone confirm?), but that seems kind of silly when the game has no story and is kind of empty without everyone else there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm leaning towards cancelling my preorder to be honest. I didn't realize there was another beta period today and missed that window. I'm gonna give it one more session before I make up my mind.

Did you get into any of the beta sessions?

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I played a little on Saturday.  Seemed like typical Fallout except as soon as I left the vault,  I was immediately attacked by another player who, despite the fact that he wasn't doing any damage, proceeded to punch me in the face repeatedly. 

That seems like the internet I know!

Image result for the internet animated gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I played a little on Saturday.  Seemed like typical Fallout except as soon as I left the vault,  I was immediately attacked by another player who, despite the fact that he wasn't doing any damage, proceeded to punch me in the face repeatedly. 

that happened to me too with like 3-4 people as soon as i left the vault. wasnt sure if everyone was just goofing around or literally trying to attack. 

either way, im sure griefing will be a big thing in this game...and how Bethesda handles it is going to make or break its success.