How could I get my hands on a SNES?

Biggie

I was never really a fan of sports games but some sports games are more serious than others. Most fans of sports games preferred EA's NHL 9x series to Nintendo's NHL Stanley Cup but I personally like NHL Stanley Cup. True, the game is broken (there's an easy scoring method) but the mode 7 view lets you see where you are going whereas the top down view of pre-3D EA games limits what you can see. In any case it's worth asking yourself whether or not you want a serious sports game or just something to have fun with. If you like soccer, do you want FIFA or Mega Man Soccer?

If you're looking for good games beyond the more popular ones like Chrono Trigger, DKC, ALttP and Super Metroid, check out the 16 bit Gems series on Youtube. Not all the entries are SNES games but there are some good games in the list and you'll get a bit of a history lesson.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2018 at 8:22 PM, Paperclyp said:

Most used game mom and pop shops I’ve been to have always been very nice and honest about their old stuff. They’ll usually have a pretty upfront policy. 

They make a range of tech to converting the SNES video output to modern TVs, but I personally think the easiest way is to just have a CRT TV on hand.

This is what I did up till I gave my old Sony Wega 34" HD CRT tv to my son. I have regretted it ever since. Though the damned thing weighed nearly 200lbs no joke! I also gave my extra Dreamcast to MadKevin and have slowly been deciding to get rid of my most prided stuff all in their original boxes, ala: Nes, SNES, Atari 2600, Genesis, Intellivision, dreamcast, and many more. After the complete remodel of my basement into our gaming movie theater, there was no room for it. You can find a cheap crt tv somewhere too. Maybe 100 bucks and you'll find a TV and SNES on ebay. Maybe craigslist the TV as shipping would kill you . . lol