~*Please Support the GoFundMe Campaign for HardAct*~ Read more... ×
SaysWho?

~The 2018 midterms/special elections thread~

5 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

political science is really something 

Poly Sci Major is a joke. Most of what I learned in poly sci classes only helped me understand things people on the CEB were saying a few years ago. Out of my friends who were Poly Sci majors, only one is doing something productive with her life and is about to graduate law school.  The others are still living with their parents with shit jobs lol. People are better off majoring in something more useful and taking a few classes on the side if the topic interests them. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

Poly Sci Major is a joke. Most of what I learned in poly sci classes only helped me understand things people on the CEB were saying a few years ago. Out of my friends who were Poly Sci majors, only one is doing something productive with her life and is about to graduate law school.  The others are still living with their parents with shit jobs lol. People are better off majoring in something more useful and taking a few classes on the side if the topic interests them. 

Hey, I was a polisci major for a bit... Before the recession really hit. Then I went engineering. Was also planning on law school. I'm really glad I didn't, cause I don't think I would have been able to get into a good school with my grades, and lower tier law schools have a terrible track record for grads

But yeah, it was a joke. I got more substantive discussions here than in my classes. Though I will say that my international relations class is the best class I've ever had. We did a simulation where different groups in class made up fake counties that paralleled real counties. My group got North Korea which was so much fun on the "international" stage

6 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Though I will say that my international relations class is the best class I've ever had. We did a simulation where different groups in class made up fake counties that paralleled real counties. My group got North Korea which was so much fun on the "international" stage

tenor.gif